Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Stay

Berlin
MBDB Moderator - To Protect & Serve

Berlin_MB@hotmail.com
T
T
Why? Is there someone else's FWW that needs to be insulted? crazy

And how do you "diss a pear"? Do you say, "Yo mama is an apple!"? This thread makes me ill. I think I will disappear myself.

R
R
I vote stay.

But I wonder about those hundreds of folks that have you on ignore. How will they know to vote? LOL crazy

Love,
Jo

Stellaaaaa!

D
D
Well, I don't know WTH happened but please stay.

grin

(I think I can pretty much guess, though. LOL!)

F
F
I am UDDERLY sorry I used the word COWLIKE to describe that guy's cheater wife. But look at why:

1. The wife deliberately had sex with a man outside the marriage, and probably many times, she could not control herself very well. Cows have no control over which "steer" mounts them. They just "go with it".

2. The wife was too ignorant (or something) to use proper birth control. Cows cannot use birth control either. They either get pregnant or they do not.

3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows. But humans should not behave as cows, we are supposed to be more responsible than that.

4. I do have anger against women or men that cheat and create new life due to thier irresponsibilty.

Okay Stella, now we know WHY you thought "entitled" to post what you did to someone...you "internalized" THEIR problem with your own feelings. You can't do that, Stella, and be a "Lifesytle Coach," or any other sort of advisor (such as on MB or to others who are struggling with the problems of life).

"1. The wife deliberately had sex with a man outside the marriage, and probably many times, she could not control herself very well. Cows have no control over which "steer" mounts them. They just "go with it"."

Yes, ALL Wayward Spouse CHOOSE to engage in adultery, whether it involves sex or not. But they, unlike your "cow" analogy, DO choose...because they are human beings and don't "have to" operate on emotional or biological impulses. They are responsible for their choices just as we all are responsible for our choices. It "demeans" a cow to give them responsibility for their actions that are inherent in BEING a cow (natural instinct) rather than being a human being with the free will ability to choose.

"2. The wife was too ignorant (or something) to use proper birth control. Cows cannot use birth control either. They either get pregnant or they do not."

"Ignorance" is not the reason. Selfishness is the reason and it goes "hand-in-hand" with the same selfishenss that "entitles" someone to engage in adultery. Again, cows don't "choose."

"3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows. But humans should not behave as cows, we are supposed to be more responsible than that."

Yes, human beings ARE "supposed to be more responsible." But "supposed to be" is no different than your choice to post as you did to TTH and "rationalize" why you CHOSE to post in what, in my humble opinion, was a very irresponsible way to try to HELP TTH with his problem and in your post on another thread ADVOCATING that the husband TAKE his wife, and insist upon, and abortion as THE way to solve the "problem" of a child conceived through adultery.

It advocates, especially for believers in Christ Jesus and the sanctity of life, an "easy out" by using one sin (murder of an innocent child) to pay for the sins of the adults. "Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not murder" are EQUAL commands from God, and neither one revolves around the "circumstances" that we face in our lives.

"4. I do have anger against women or men that cheat and create new life due to thier irresponsibilty."

So do I. So do most people. That's called "Righteous Anger." But the command from God when dealing with righteous anger about sin against God is "in your anger, do not use that anger as an excuse for yourself to then commit a sin or a sinful response."

And that, Stella is "anUDDER" opinion. You might want to "chew the cud" on that for a while and see if you want to swallow it and make it a part of you, or if you choose not to and want to continue letting your emotional responses control you.

Either way, the choice is yours.

F
F
But I wonder about those hundreds of folks that have you on ignore. How will they know to vote? LOL

Good point, Resilient. Being a little slow, it just "dawned on me" that Stella probably has me on "ignore user," so it's a gigantic waste of time for me to post anything to her since she can't read it anyway while ignoring ALL posts from anyone on "ignore."

Bob Pure - You cracked me up with your post! Nice wit!

Pariah - You only choose to post as you choose to post. We all do.

F
F
Never mind...

Mimi - I never did mind, I KNOW myself and your opinion didn't change that. It did change my opinion of you, but I doubt that changed your opinion of yourself either.

But since you seem to still be "convinced" of your opinion, let me ask you something:

90 to 95 percent of one ethnic group voting for Obama is what? Due to his vast experience? Due to his being the FURTHEST left of all Senators (left of Ted Kennedy, left of John Kerry, left of ALL others)? Due to his being better than Hillary or John McCain? Due to his 20 years of experience at the feet of Rev. Wright, his friendship with Ayers, his endorsement of the "race baiting views" of Father Phlager?

90-95% of ALL of the people is "most" if NOT "all." And that's a simple observation, not a "racist" statement.

That's not any different than saying that "most" of the world's people are against Christ. It's a true factual statement based on the data and not "just someone's opinion."

B
B
Stella,

You've been around these boards a lot longer than me. I can recall your previous posting name and your straight shooter posting style (which trumps anyone on this board) has not changed over the years. Don't change a thing. Stick around.

Many of the posters do not 'get you'. I have to admit, it took me a while. You don't pull any punches. Your ___ or get off the pot posts are often times a punch in the nose but they are a necessary contrast to many of the coddling and enabling posts that often times entrench a person in the very situation they are trying to resolve.

Usually, I could care less if a poster comes or goes. Heck, I'll hold the door for 'em. I believe the board would lose a valuable asset if you were to leave.

jmo

p.s. You do tend to let a poster get under your skin from time to time. That's on you. No one invades your dreams. You allow them to. Kick them to the curb! smile

ba109
M
M
oooo...FH brought up Obama! Everybody duck! Here come the edits. He's left of every politician...period. Babies beware!

M
M
OT to FH:

You changed my opinion of you, too..from what I know about you on this forum..and your current comments confirm that opinion.

As far as I'm concerned you are calling ME a RACIST. That's what I find to be most offensive...but that's alright..Despite your FACTUAL ACCOUNT, I know that I'm not and MOST people that I KNOW AND LOVE ARE NOT RACIST and I've lived a relatively long life of 53 years. That's all that matters to ME..not what you have said about MY PEOPLE.

What's TRUE about ME as a person.... that y'all don't get but that's OK... is that I'm not AT ALL into POLITICS...My H often BEGS me to look at the news commentaries while I'm sitting right here at the computer..I told Marshmallow that from the beginning...There's a good chance that I might not even vote.

And TRULY I don't believe in ABORTION.

So there..if it matters at all..

That's why I said NEVER MIND...

What does it matter what you think of me or what I think of you?

What does that have to do with fighting infidelity?

That's my PRIMARY REASON for coming to this website...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
This topic has been locked. You all know why.

c00per

Last edited by c00per; 05/31/08 10:01 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation