Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
....it seems as though WW's are more willing to give than WH's. At least that's how it seems to me. Also, the WH's that DO work on recovery have been with their spouses for a very long time and seem to be older men. I just wonder if there is any hope at all for my WH and myself. He is only 25 and I'm 30. We've been married for 7 years, so maybe he has just grown into the man that he is going to be for the rest of his life.

Also, can recovery happen after a long amount of time apart and lots of ugly words spoken? My MIL mentioned today that our relationship is too far gone for any hope of reconciliation and it's only been six weeks. I have to admit, that 95% of me agrees, but that other 5% keeps me going sometimes. Based on statistics or whatever, is it even possible or probable? Am I fooling myself by wanting to be with someone like this and should I just go on with my life?

Sorry to start another thread, but I was curious about this subject.

Thanks.
-A-

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
_
_

Any kids?

Larry

V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Yes, DD5 and DS who is due august 2nd smile

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
If there were no children, this would be much easier to handle. I think that I could get through it with no problem. However, there ARE....including the one currently inhabiting my body, that we made together out of love. Blah, are men as susceptible to their children as any loving mother is? I would stay with my husband if I wasn't happy because of my children and because I know that I could make myself happy. Why doesn't he see it that way?

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
_
_

God and Mom made him, it is unlikely you are going to change him, especially when MIL is taking the route she is taking. Given that there are two kids involved, both of whom are Grandkids, it seems to me that she should be speaking out of the other side of her mouth.

I believe that if it were me, I would point out that shouting and hollering in a likely vain attempt to protect two very innocent kids from the sins of the father is to be understood.

The answer to your question is that grownups do what grownups do no matter what age they are. If your husband is a grownup and admits his screw up, all is good. If he isn't a grownup, then he will pay the price of consequences and so will you through no choice of your own.

A wayward spouse screwing up his kids lives deserves no respect. On the other hand, a close read of the teachings of Harley reveals that Plan A works (sometimes), as does Plan B. It is all good if counterintuitive. At some point, you can turn the screws, it is a judgement decision.

larry

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation