Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 100 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 99 100
C
C
so, am I gonna have to pay for it or can we find a place where someone using Firefox can play it for free?

A
AJ_ Offline
A
The boys are all up on the roof. I even let the Dervish up for a minute, just to see what it was like. :eek:

Happily recovered!and Happily Married :0)

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
S
S
Originally Posted by AJ_
The boys are all up on the roof. I even let the Dervish up for a minute, just to see what it was like. :eek:

This is one area where Men and Women are different FOR SURE.

When OS was two or three, I had to get on the roof to fix the cooler. I took OS up with me, and he stood and watched me work. W came looking for OS, and poked her head up the ladder.

She came unglued when she saw him on the roof. Predicted dire things might happen. I said "The worst that could happen is he could fall off and get killed."

In retrospect, probably not the best thing I could have said.

The only things damaged in this story were my ears. I'm sure I'll recover any decade now. (OS turns 31 this Dec.)

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
Nope! The worst thing that could happen is that he lives for years in a helpless condition.

Somewhere I heard that almost half of all falls from over 10 feet are fatal. Now, I don't know any more about that statistic than what I just told you so I am not discussing it. Just putting it out there.

A
A
Hi All

good to see the the travelling Aj & Neak show back home for a rest! smile Hope all is going well with the biz.

SS that brought back some funny memories of kids on the roof. Back years ago when JJ was 2to 3ish .... now nearly 22 YIKES!!... laugh and Mrs vdK not much older but WAYYYYYYYYY less into giving Mummy grey hair...
I went up onto the roof to look for some cracked tiles I wanted to repair as Aussie was off doing those soldiering thingies.

Well I checked the yard and there was my sweet little girl playing happily with her dolls and JJ watching with a big smile ... now THAT should have warned me shouldn't it blush .... but anyway I went to work.

Some time later I sit up & stretch my back and two little arms go around my neck and I hear this pleased little voice say 'Mummy!!!" ... talk about having a heart attack ... then a panic attack as I wondered how in Gods name was I going to get him down a 18ft ladder. :eek: :eek: :eek:
As it was I backed down the ladder and he blithly followed easy as could be as I freaked out at every step down... half in my lap the whole way.
You wonder why SS that us Mums are prematurely grey huh??????? wink

Rella I was told that at First Aid as well ... apparently it's because most receive head injuries so I guess it makes sense .... now please stop talking about it .. I still have Mikey to get through you know!!! LOL crazy

Now days someones tells JJ to go charge a trench or something and its an 'adventure' ... or he gets 'sort of' wounded 'but not really' mad shocked .... and my hair goes greyer .. is that a new word and do I get points off my age for it??? smirk or am I just tired ???? sleep

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
My mom was 31 when I was born and 34 when my sister was born. She used to say that her hair would start turning gray when we started to drive. She was right.

As for me, neither of my children drive yet. I have a little gray but not very much - surprises people when they hear how old I am crazy and that I don't color my hair.

I think we are just tired. I've been raising my babies as a single mom since they were 4 and 2. They are now 17 and 15.

I KNOW I am tired.

A
AJ_ Offline
A
The Dervish has become a roof junkie, hee hee, always wanting to go back up.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be.
Leonardo DaVinci

I'm really in for it. grin

Poor AJ saw the XOW Wednesday night. The Princess had her school program, after which AJ ducked over to Lowe's for a couple of items, keeping close watch behind him. Well as he pulled out of Lowe's, who should also be turning out of the Safeway parking lot at the same time, but....yep. He ducked real low and hoped she didn't recognize him. Fortunately he was not in our car, so she probably didn't, and boy was he ever glad!

I've gotta retype my marriage seminar synopsis for the pastor, who seems to have lost the last one, and I would like to hurry and get the obligatory church board vote out of the way so I can proceed. I want to hold the first seminar before I'm old and gray. Old, anyway.

C
C
Well, the alternatives to old aren't too good.

A
AJ_ Offline
A
I've already got gray hair, so if anything it would have to be grayer. cry

A
A
I don't get the usual perfumery anymore for birthdays etc etc ... you know Opium and the like ... besides having 10 years supply put away ..... now I just get "Restore' for women dark brown" laugh ... bulk lots .... crazy

And I was a blonde until I had my first baby ....... I'm sure there is a tie up there somewhere ....

Mum says she only got grey ..... after 'I' got married. confused blush

I don't see the connection at all. whistle

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Originally Posted by aussieswife
crazy

And I was a blonde until I had my first baby ....... I'm sure there is a tie up there somewhere ....

confused

Yeah, me, too. What's up w/ that? In my mind's eye, I'm still blonde. Be that doesn't work with what I see in the mirror. Bummer!!!! The only consolation is that, years down the road that dark brown will probably gray better than the blonde which will look faded and not as great. But, I still wish (most of the time) that my hair hadn't done that.

A
A
Mum says she only got grey ..... after 'I' got married. confused blush

I don't see the connection at all. whistle

Yes dear I know you don't. cool smile cool

It's rather quite a endearing trait, really grin grin grin

T&L how are you going?

I am finding it quite a bother to have my old bones falling apart around me, I have to say it is just not much fun at all. Hernia here, hernia there - I'm positive it due to childbirth and mothering. Sew this up, tuck that in, let that hang out, truly not a figure of aging gracefully. crazy crazy crazy

Young Cinders NOW is the time to start doing those things you always thought you'd like to try but the dear ankle biters did not permit you too. I found it hard to find or remember what those 'things' were, but I did and enjoy every moment of those 'things' now.

The Aussie clam is doing angry, frustration and a touch of bitterness due to his illness. All very understandable. The prognosis is due to be delivered Tuesday when all the test results are in. My grand daughter has been very much a pillar of strength to her grand dad discussing and talking about outcomes. Very much like her father who can departmentalize a million facts and issues from each other without seeming to be phased over any of it.
At least the waiting is almost over and we will know the good, bad, whatever it is.

C
C
So, my employer will pay for me to take one course a semester at the state-owned college of my choice. What shall it be? Something that would help me at work - business/public admin, industrial/organizational psychology, something like that? Something that would help me at home - cooking? Something to embrace my artist nature?

Now, if I got a Master's degree, it would take me 3 years at the rate of 1 course/semester.

On many of those other things, time w/ my children and money not in my pocket are major obstacles.

L
L
Cinders, if money wasn't an obstacle, what would you WANT to study? Since you don't have to worry about paying for the courses, your only consideration would be time and desire, right?

Yeah, 3 years is a long time to get your Master's, but maybe later you can speed up the coursework, and at least you'll have part of the coursework free. It's up to you; would a Master's degree improve your career or earning potential, or give you personal satisfaction?

Just do whatever you WANT to do! You've EARNED the right to have something that you WANT!

Now, for stories about little boys on the roof:

Shortly after we moved into our new house, our son was 4 years old.

He had a Superman cape left over from the Superman costume that I made him for his 3rd birthday.

After we moved into the house, my H decided that we needed those wind turbines on the roof to ventilate the attic.

Unbeknownst to me, he neglected to put the ladder away.

One day, I heard quite a lot of thumping on the roof. I looked outside to see the 2 neighbor boys (ages 6 and 8) looking up and shouting something. I went out the back door and looked up to see my precious 4yo son standing at the edge of the roof, in all the splendor of his homemade Superman cape, with his little arms extended...and the neighbor boys shouting, "Fly, LittleClueless, Fly!" :eek: shocked :eek: shocked

Being a good Southern mama, I immediately shrieked, "You jump off that roof, and I'm gonna wear your butt out!" I then turned around and hissed at the neighbor boys, "And, when I'm finished with him, I'm gonna get a switch and wear both of y'all out while I'm walking you back to tell your mama what y'all did!"
Well, they took off running...and I did call their mama, and they were grounded for the next two weeks.

Oh, and like a good lil' Southern 4yo boy, LittleClueless climbed right back down the ladder and spent the rest of the afternoon in his room, pondering stuff like thinking before you leap.

Oh...and when I asked him why he thought he could fly off the roof when he had once jumped off the couch in his cape and said, "Aw, shoot! It don't work!"...it turned out that the neighbor boys thought maybe jumping off the couch didn't work becaue the couch wasn't high enough from the ground. So, they suggested the roof. :eek:

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
J
J
Now, if I got a Master's degree, it would take me 3 years at the rate of 1 course/semester.

Sp, at the rate of 1 course/semester, by the time you got your Master's it would take three years and you'd be three years older.

How old would you be in three years if you *don't* get your Master's?

Just another way of looking at it. Not saying you should do one or the other, just saying don't let the time be an obstacle.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
C
C
I would take cooking classes or art courses. The community college down the street from my house has a culinary program. I could actually learn how to saute and frappe. Or, I could take digital photography. Or go back to a darkroom. Or learn how to screen print or do etchings. Or, I could get a Master's in something that might make me a more respected person at work.

I just hate giving up the time w/ my children because I want to go back to hooping classes.

I just hate giving up the time w/ my children because I want to go back to hooping classes.

Art classes - tuition can be 1/3 of the cost. Sometimes you do have textbooks but you ALWAYS have supplies. Art supplies will tank your budget.

My children might like the cooking classes. They could eat some of the homework.

If I got a Master's in I/O psych, I'd have to drive 40 miles for classes.

The reason I haven't done it sooner - can't decide what to do.

M
M
Your CHILDREN are teenagers. They wamt to spend time with YOU?

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
Cinderella,
Think it through carefully. Pray about it. Make a decision and do it.

Getting a Masters in three years doesn't sound to bad at all.

Look at the last two letters from this link.

http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/index.html?uc_full_date=20000119

You do need to spend time with your children. Knowing you, I think you can make it work.

Saw a hula-hoop on my back lawn a few weeks ago. I wondered if you were still taking classes.

Hi Mimi !!

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
To everyone who's hair is turning gray, or falling out........
You'll get it all back in the correct color in the resurrection.

T&L's foot will be fine then also.

Glad no one fell off the roof. I keep waiting for the story of what they were doing on the roof.

What were they doing anyway?

Roof party? (Like GARDEN party, only on the roof.)

Everyone went up on the roof to see if the Indians were comming?
(My father used to hint to us kids that it was time to leave him alone by saying "why don't you get up on the roof and see if the Indians are coming.") Does that mean he watched too many westerns?

Doing a rain dance?

Fixing the cooler?

Filling jars for an experiment? Oh, no, that would be the attic, not the roof.

It looks like AJ changed identity's recently. How does that work exactly? I have read about it in SFi books, but never seen it done in real life.

Hi Neaksis. How's the garden?

Hi T&L. I hope the glass is half full (or more) at your house.

Where did M&L go?

SS

M
M
Your CHILDREN are teenagers. They wamt to spend time with YOU?

ETA..I think this is GREAT!! Must be how it is when you have GIRLS!! smile

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Page 18 of 100 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation