Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
W
W
What the heck, I'm all in...........

BK,

Hey - who said anything about allowing chicks on this thread?

We could make an exception for Mel since she has busted more WH's balls than just about anyone.....HAHAHAHAHA laugh

Besides, I'm not stoopnid enough to tell her what she can and cannot do. She is an angry Texan with a gun after all. wink

Want2Stay

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
B
B
Well I'm too far for her to reach so I'm game...... I'll tell her.

LMAO

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
J
J
I'm in... best club I never wanted to be a part of.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
P
P
What do you want to know?

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
F
F
Count two more Betrayed Husbands who will watch and may participate;

Jesus

Me

btw, ML....you planning on some change operation we don't know about?!?!? crazy laugh

I
iam Offline
I
I'd be happy to add any help I can.

I'm just starting year 3 of recovery.

B
B
Well I'm a member of "cuckold club" too so I better hang here see if i can learn anythin' smile

MB Alumni
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks for showing up guys (and gal).

Just an update on my situation. Had the phone session with Jennifer last night...got a plan now. But it seems pretty obvious to myself and Jennifer that if WW does not follow her plan 100% (narrow path), there is pretty much no hope of any chance of recovery. It's pretty hard for me to depend on WW to make this thing work...very hard. I will do my part, and follow my plan...I guess the rest is up to her.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
M
M
I will do my part, and follow my plan...I guess the rest is up to her.

And that's all any of us can do. We can't do it for someone else.

If we take care of what we need to take care of, and leave the rest in God's hands, we can at least know that we did not shirk our responsibilities and have left nothing undone to prevent recovery.

But we're just 50% of the equation and to try to be more means we have to let some of our half slip, because we can't do it for them and if we try, we are actually pushing in where we do not belong.

Mark

I
OP Offline
I
I must admit that as good as the session was, there was a pretty bad storm going on during the last 10-15 minutes and I couldn't quite make sense of some of what Jennifer was asking me to have prepared for the next meeting (stupid cell phones). She was saying that I should write down some questions for WW. But as she went into explaining how to ask them, and what to avoid, I could not make out what she was saying. Note to self : no more cell phone sessions.

Anyone who has done the phone sessions, or any sessions for that matter, can you maybe help with some insight on how to prepare the questions? I'd hate to not be prepared for the next session. If you have done this before.

Henry David Thoreau
E
E
Consider me signed up.

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
D
D
Add one more to the list! Found MB just in time to save myself some grief but too late to do any good with the WW.

Dukhuntr

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that opened for us" - Helen Keller
R
R
Originally Posted by introvert
Anyone who has done the phone sessions, or any sessions for that matter, can you maybe help with some insight on how to prepare the questions? I'd hate to not be prepared for the next session. If you have done this before.

Been there and trying to get my mileage out from the sessions ... mine about $2.00 /minutes back then. I was with SH though not JcH. Never been asked like that.

Next meeting is join sessions w/ WW

-rh-

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
I
OP Offline
I
Depending on how WW's court session goes tomorrow (and NC order is lifted), we may be doing a session together next week as well.

Henry David Thoreau
_
_

We could make an exception for Mel since she has busted more WH's balls than just about anyone.....HAHAHAHAHA

Besides, I'm not stoopnid enough to tell her what she can and cannot do. She is an angry Texan with a gun after all.

Want2Stay [/quote]

ROFLMAO I wanted to say that, I really did. But I live only a couple hundred miles from Mel and I choose to remain silent. So why say something now? I worked up the fortitude to say that she qualifies through owning a set of cajones she got by attitude instead of by genetics.

laugh grin wink smirk

Larry

_
_

All the best introvert. I will be thinking the best for you, while out of town for a week or so.

Larry

Count me in as well - almost 6 months from D-day...

BH - age 55
WW - age 46
DD - age 8
Married 1990
D-day 12/19/07
NC #1 email sent 12/28//07, dripping with syrup, NC #2 email sent 1/2/08 (I approved of this one)
D-day #2 5/27/09 - In Recovery NOW?
K
K
OK, I qualify as a BH.

Here's a question for the group.

Have any of us found all the pieces of our testicles since d-day?

Whether recovered and happy or not we are a little less than what we were.

And on that happy note, lets keep this party going! cool

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
S
S
I'm looking in.

P
P
ok i'll play as best i can.

seems many of you know each other so let me introduce myself. i came to MB 7 yrs back when w had a brief PA and then just drifted away after a yr or 2. was on another brd and someone mentioned a guy that was trying on my shoes. so i stopped back to make sure they fit.

so what's the secret handshake?

me-59 ww-55
married 1979 - together since 1974
6 kids together 15,19,21,23,29,30
my oldest son 37
d-day (confession day) memorial day 2001
oc born 12/20/01
now 8 grandchildren
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation