Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2072450 06/12/08 12:12 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Hi everyone,
It's been awhile since I've posted but I've survived quite a few things- the finalization of my D, the fact that W-XH and OW were married virtually days afterwards, and they just had a baby- a day before our wedding anniversary. I am baffled by W-XH.

I'm relieved that all the drama is behind me and I have moved on, emotionally and spiritually. I had a great BF for the 6 months but we're no longer together. We've decided to be friends and I realized that he'd make a better friend than a husband. So, I'm back in the dating scene.

I met this guy at the gym 2 days who asked for my number. There was definitely attraction at first sight. I like to be pursued so I have been waiting for him to contact me. He did- via text. I responded to him and we chatted a few times that way. We were both out with our friends at different locations. I suspect he was having a good time since it was his b-day.

My question is: What are the dating rules with it comes to a someone I'm interested in? I've been told that the woman should wait for the man to ask her out because men like to be the pursuer. I usually wait for the man to initiate contact but sometimes waiting around makes me...impatient.

Also, since we both go to the same gym, I see him just about everyday.

Thoughts?

Looking forward to a new chapter since D was finalized on 4/24/07 from WH.

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
G
G
There are no hard and fast rules. However, since he asked for your phone number, I'd wait for him to ask.

I also hate guys who go so far as to ask for a number but never actually ask you out on a date. It leaves you in limbo. Kinda like "are we just friends? Or does he want to be friends with benefits? Or does he like me like me?"

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
S
Yes, we guys want to do the "pursuing" (that is how we are wired).

I would wait and let him contact you - he has your number.

Also, you are going to run into him at the gym again. Make a point of being friendly when you see him there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation