Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 52 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
That's some pretty tough stuff to think about as you're climbing a ladder to re-attach some siding to the house.. and you know what? I think it breeds just a little more resentment towards the STBX...

Yep. I have done some projects over the past year at home that with 15 seconds of another pair of hands would be no big deal. Instead I find myself doing some pretty wacky (think Rube Goldberg)and on occasion risky "solutions" to offset the lack of support. Just another Wayward gift.

Ladders and rooftops never bothered me in the slightest. Now there is always a pause and a concern.

Stupid Waywards.

Thanks for the thoughts all. Like I said, I am not obsessing a future like Mike’s, but there are always those thoughts that creep in.

Married again? Now that is a thought that has NEVER crept in.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/10/08 12:30 PM. Reason: Do you think I made a mistake splitting his brain between the two of them?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Q
Q
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Ahhhh... dangit Queenie.. sometimes when you're right you're right!

Boils down to the ole reminder that we can't live our lives worrying about the things we have no control over.

How do we keep coming up with having to learn this.

Ah, I get it. Maybe we need to just LEARN it. LOL

Can we mark this day as I am right on one thing. wink It does not happen often.

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 07/10/08 12:31 PM.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
Q
Do you want it to creep in?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
W
W

Liar.

J
J
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

Liar.

** goes to make popcorn.. this should be interesting **

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

Liar.

** goes to make popcorn.. this should be interesting **

You crack me up dude.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
OP Offline
C

I don't know. I am sure that time will change that but right now it's like trying to see the bottom of the Marianas Trench from the surface of the ocean.

This may be the worst wound suffered from Wayzilla's betrayal.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Darn! Did I say that OUT LOUD?

C
OP Offline
C
Liar.

Am not! Am not! I'm tellin'!

W
W
Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!

C
OP Offline
C
I'm tellin' all your friends you kissed Joey Slowdowski!

W
W
I know what you are saying though, chris.

The thought of actually DOING it again is pretty scary. But the thoughts of what it could be tease me pretty often.

I think from the day WxH said he wanted out, I knew I'd get married again. We'd either repair what we damaged or I'd be better with someone else.

I WANT someone in my life. As SL said somewhere, to love, to laugh with, to be comforted by, and to GIVE to. KWIM?

I'm outta the game for awhile until I can survey the TRUE damage, but I'm not done by any means.

Maybe this is where our slight age difference shows itself.

My mother is 56 and just fell crazy in love with a man she hasn't seen in 44 years.

It'll surprise you, if you let it.

One day you'll be exhausted from fighting off all the women and will give in to one of them.

Fox

J
J
*** munch munch munch ***

cool

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
I'm tellin' all your friends you kissed Joey Slowdowski!

HEY!!! That's taking it too far!

Good thing I don't have any friends.

Originally Posted by chrisner

I don't know. I am sure that time will change that but right now it's like trying to see the bottom of the Marianas Trench from the surface of the ocean.

Can I recommend side-scanning sonar?

-ol' 2long

J
J
Originally Posted by 2long
Originally Posted by chrisner

Can I recommend side-scanning sonar?

-ol' 2long

One ping... one ping only please...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Multiple splashes, sir!

P
P
Chris,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had similar thoughts about being alone. I fear that the people who would notice my absence would take a few days to do so. Suddenly, "Pom didn't show to pick up his kids!"

Or, "there's a funky smell coming from his place!"

I have had BP problems since my ex walloped me over the head with the news that she wanted a D. Trying to run and lose weight to control it, but it's still high, even on meds.

It's been a gift that keeps on giving.

This week I had my own re-enforcement of the frailty of my genes. My uncle on my dad's side suddenly died after going into diabetic shock, having his BP run out of control, and then having a heart attack. He was a young guy.

My dad flew down to Nicaragua and I really felt for him. It wasn't an uncle I knew well, but I can imagine how I'd feel if I had to bury my brother.

But there is a positive to our solitude. We're not with someone just to be with someone. I find people who can't be alone to be sad creatures setting themselves up for more heartache in the future as they shack up with anyone that comes along. Needy people attract other needy people.

I think we all know exes who decide to end the marriage, then jump in with someone else. When that doesn't work, or they go through a couple of samples, they finally shack up with someone rather than face the consequences of the end of the marriage they destroyed.

It's certainly easier to lose oneself in someone else and convince yourself it's better than anything you had with the ex, but that's simply fooling yourself.

I personally miss the good parts of being married. Not the ex, but the comfort and warmth of having someone in your life who put their arm around you at night.

I don't miss it enough to start dating toothless frumpy women with a drinking problem and 30 tattoos. I'd rather wait for the right one and one who will be crazy enough to deal with a difficult ex and the challenge of 3 young kids.

So keep fighting the good fight, Chris.

Any news from Wayzilla?

BTW, my ex printed out my posts to your thread and has submitted them as evidence in my custody case. Evidence of what is beyond me.

She didn't particularly care for my opinion that waywards are evil and selfish creatures. I was talking about them in general, but I guess she took it personal.

I'm sure I'll be getting questioned about how the waywards are on the mother ship and have brains scrambled and my theories about how aliens are abducting loving spouses and conducting brain experiments.

I think you'd find it funny that Darth WHNACG asked me to elaborate on Plan B.

I'm sure he expected me to say, "I'm taking the kids and running to Nicaragua!"

He instead got a full lecture on the MB principles, Plan A, Plan B, and the efforts one must go through as a betrayed spouse to shield oneself from the abuse of a wayward.

I should have added that you have had one of the greatest Plan Bs in the history of MB.

Then again, you may be holed up in a cabin in the mountains of Colorado with DD20, your dog, a shotgun, and a CB radio while guarding Jimmy Hoffa and communicating with the dark side of Pluto with the protectors who feed you the truth about the mothership.

If that's your Plan B, then keep at it!

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
OP Offline
C
BTW, my ex printed out my posts to your thread and has submitted them as evidence in my custody case. Evidence of what is beyond me.

Huh? You gotta be kidding.

My thread has mostly been about thongs, belly button rings, tatoos, woodchippers, Zulus, Monty Python skits, K-Bars, runaway truck ramps, peeing off mountains, meat on-a-stick, Drew Cary, basketball, movie reviews, gummi banana slugs, eating, drinking and dancing.

What I miss?

I am sure the court will be very impressed with my thread.

Any news from Wayzilla?

None. Nada. Zip.

That's the way uhh huh, uhh huh, I like it.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/10/08 02:16 PM. Reason: This sonic transducer, it is I suppose some kind of audio-vibratory-physio-molecular transport device?

W
W
My thread has mostly been about thongs, belly button rings, tatoos, woodchippers, Zulus, Monty Python skits, K-Bars, runaway truck ramps, peeing off mountains, meat on-a-stick, Drew Cary, basketball, movie reviews, gummi banana slugs, eating, drinking and dancing.

I don't know why they think we are crazy. crazy

Page 32 of 52 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation