Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39
#2076990 06/20/08 04:53 PM
D
OP Offline
D
It's Friday Again. what weekend plans have you got?

Dawn

G
G
Blessedly none.

M and I are just going to hang out. Maybe together, maybe apart for some of the time.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
T
T
Tonight, going to play racquetball (our latest venture into physical fitness) - and then the rest of the weekend I've got the graduation party circuit.....

Trying not to do too much in a weekend these days, I am just too tired and crabby on Monday morning for work....and I unfortunately haven't won that d*mn lottery so I can quit and still get my mortgage paid!!

Need some down time, I'm afraid...

Enjoy your weekend friends!
Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
C
C
dd has a softball tournament this weekend. So could take up the whole weekend or we could be done Saturday morning. If we have free time, we might hit Kung Fu Panda.

personal recovery
M
M
Continuing to pack up the house, working on homework, and my kids birthday party on Sunday which is always a blast. I have the most awesome kids! And with the exception of one party being ruined a few years ago, our parties are always fun. This year it will be bowling and cake and craziness with lots of presents.

Then back work Monday... But only for 2 days then I am on vacation for a week and a half (so we can move).

S
S
Heading out for a week long bike trip.

D
OP Offline
D
I am all alone this weekend!!!

This is a first for me in a long long time.

Put my daughter in the van with pastor and 6 other youth for the week.

My oldest daughter and grandkids moved this week to Ark.

My folks are going out of town.

My son is in the basement, but never comes out except for work as he is afraid that I might ask him to do something for his boarding!!!!

So it's me and the dog!!!

It's a gorgerous day so will do some yard work and then head out with friends later to listen to some music at one of the local bars!

Dawn

A
A
I took a four day weekend to take the kids camping and the weather channel is calling for thundershowers all weekend..so here we sit. I think I'm gonna snoop in some boxes in the attic and see if I can find more stuff to unpack from the move back in November...haha.

We rescheduled the camping for the weekend after the Fourth so hopefully the weather will cooperate then. I've got a 10 day vacation scheduled the week after that with NO KIDS..woooohooo!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
cut the grass and read the book for my book group, "Redeeming Love". It's, basically, the story of the prophet Hosea.

If our next book is full of despair, I'm going to be grumpy.

So far, we've read 3: "Water For Elephants", "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" and ""Redeeming Love"

At the next meeting, I'm suggesting that we read something more fun. 450 pages of marital struggles and prostitution is not my cup of tea. It's sort of a romance novel, sort of a western novel, and a retelling of Hosea's struggles with his wife, Gomer. It's good but draining.

P
P
Went to my mother's 80th birthday party and got a complete shock that my 25th class reunion was in the same freaking motel.

Grrrrrrrr.

I wound up having to go buy some clothes other than the shorts and tee shirts I brought.

Well, I found out I pretty much have my pick of the divorced women now. woo freaking hoo. smirk

I had put my bio up on the reunion page months ago and thought I had managed to skip the reunion.

Oh, the judge that signed everything away from me was there. He acted really glad to see me and I kinda stepped back from the table and then it hit him. He said that he "forgot" about that. I just laughed loudly and said I haven't. Talk about awkward for him.

Anyways I stopped through Vidalia, GA and got some fresh onions that are extremely coveted. I am shipping some of them to my invisible internet friends up north and some to my GF's mom in Mississippi.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
C
C
Well, the front yard is cut. I met one of the new next door neighbors when I discovered my dog had gone under the fence into their back yard. By the time I got to her, she was another yard over.

Silly mutt!

D
OP Offline
D
Pariah that's too funny to end up in the same hotel as your re union!!!

My weekend was great, ended up coloring my hair Saturday before heading out, stupid, stupid!!! Didn't like the bright orange color that it turned out, thank God that I had a bottle of light brown, so did that.

Went to Outback with my girlfriend, dinner was great, got an extra loaf of bread, I new the bus boy!!!

Went to one bar, the music wasn't to our liking so ended up at our standby place. The band didn't show up, but they had a DJ and karoke.

Played pool, got drinks bought for us, got hit on by a guy that reached my chest, I am only 5'6", not appealing. Was saved by the bar owner. Bowling guy was there, ignored him, meet 3 knew guys, was asked to dance, haven't done that in forever! Was asked out to dinner, am not sure as he didn't get my number and he is emailing my friend Sandy. But we had fun and that was the point to the evening!

Dawn

R
R
Three weekends ago my brother, my sister-in-law and I climbed the highest mountain in the region.

Last weekend my colleagues and I organized a day out with two orphanages.

This weekend I am hiking again, in preparation for my 5-day hiking expedition in Borneo.

Think of it, I am tired and if not for the Borneo trip, I'd just like to lay in bed and sleep for a few days.

D
OP Offline
D
I am going to the car races with a friend and her son and then there is a festival in the park and we are going to go listen to music.

Tomorrow I am laying laminate flooring in the hall, anyone want to help?

I am hoping to go listen to a friends band Saturday night if not to tired from laying the floor!!!!

So what are you doing?

Dawn

P
P
I'm gonna go into work for 4 hours then start on another gun project.

I'm going to build an Enfield Jungle carbine out of a ruined No.4 battle rifle. Got all the parts in, just have to machine the barrel.

A
A
Working and going to a Lodge dinner tomorrow and laying low on Sunday. laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
no plans - wait....go see mom.....go to a wedding....guess I need to go buy a wedding present.

P
P
Well, here's what I wound up doing.

Last edited by Pariah; 06/29/08 07:39 PM.

P
P
Looks we'll be going up to Dahlonega, GA for the 4th.

I guess they'll have fireworks up there over the mountain.

Tabs wants to hangout at a pool all day and me and Drew will probably go and fly my plane and pan for gold. I haven't even started the plane's engine for over 2 months. It really needs to be run. My Uncle has had it in the hangar and has kept the battery up so everything should be fine.

She also suggested we go and float down the stream in innertubes.

I hope it'll be fun as I really need a vacation now.

I've been here a year and have been going full throttle without a break.

B
B
Going to Houma for the 4th. Thinking about takin DS boat riding and maybe doing some fishing and crabbing.

I took vacation next week, but not going anywhere, gonna play golf all week.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation