Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2077295 06/21/08 12:09 PM
R
raven11 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
For our very first date, DH told me he was taking me to his favorite drive in.

As there is only one in San Antonio, I figured we were going to the mission. Nope!

He met me with a grin and a borrowed portable DVD player. We drove to a church parking lot and watched Monty Python's the meaning of life, with the DVD perched on the dash of his car, leaning in the hear it - singing the songs together.

He even stopped by a store and bought some popcorn. After, we drove to my street - a long quiet one, and parked under an old oak. He had remembered I liked an album by "meat loaf" and we sang the whole thing together.

It was the first time I'd sung with anyone in years.

I'll never forget that first date smile

This life and this love are the stories we write
We are free to write the truth, or lies or to tear the pages
To cherish, and erase, rewrite and start over
Mate it better, make it stronger, plot twists and
the impossible happiness that comes from unexpected love and forgiveness
Make it up as we go along, to have faith in the story
And never ever, ever give up – no matter what
Or to leave the book on a park bench in the rain
and walk away, saying how sorry we were
I
I
I know this post is an older one but it's a great idea!

I shipped the kids to my mom's last night, came home & told hubby we were going out but wasn't going to tell him anything else. While he showered & changed, I packed a bag of snacks, the DVD player, "our" movie (The Princess Bride) and a blanket (it's realllly cold here!) into the back of the car.

I preset the GPS (first to Starbucks and then to the beach) and handed him the keys. We sat in the back seat together. It was a nice to be close with no pressure to talk yet we were able to talk if we wanted to.

BW - 39
WH - 44
M 1990
kids 14 & 8
D-Day 12/20/08
NC email 12/21/08
"If we get divorced, you get custody of the bad dog"
W
W
We just did this with our laptop and a power inverter, and OMG it was so fun...

Now if only my mother in law who babysat didn't play the 20 questions about your date game and make us feel like a couple 16 year olds who just got busted having sex in the car ***sigh***

BS, 28
WH, 36 11/08-? EA(s?), no PA's, lied (net&women)
MLC end 5/09? Enter R smile
M 2000
Child, 5.5 yrs

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation