Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2073365 06/13/08 03:02 PM
J
jennie5 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My husband was out of town, drank too much in a club and kissed someone else. He says that is where it ended - he knew it was wrong. We are seeing a M. counsellor and it has helped. Someone suggested to me that kissing is not really cheating. Thoughts??

B
B
If a man kisses his mother or a woman kisses her sister, I wouldn't call that cheating. But your husband kissed a woman in a club while he was out of town. Yes, that's cheating. He's cheating you out of affection. Essentially, if it's something he wouldn't feel comfortable doing in front of you, it's cheating.

There's a good article on this site called What is an Affair? that I think is relevant. It's not really up to the offending spouse (or 'someone' else) to define what it is or isn't. It's up to the offended spouse. Your feelings on the matter are valid.

BH (Me): 33, XWW: 33
Married 1999, No kids
EA: 11/04?-10/07, PA: 05/07
D-Day: 06/07
Divorced: 04/09
Affair is over for OP but not for WS
WW wants to move away w/o me
WW moved away w/o me
B
B
Someone suggested to me that kissing is not really cheating.

Did this person's name happen to be Bill?

he knew it was wrong.

There's your answer.

ba109
F
F
A long time ago I heard someone on this board say 'if you cannot do it in front of your spouse, it's cheating'. I agree totally with that statement. Did he simply confess to you? He came home from a meeting and said "guess what I did?". I suppose he should get some credit for coming clean...
In your gut, what do you think? If your best friends' husband did this to her, what would you tell her?

Me 44, H 42, DS 16, DS 13
H/EA 4/07, D Day 10/17/07..
500th d-day 10/14/08...
NO RAIN...NO RAINBOWS!
S
S
I like the if you cant do it in front of your spouse thing - its not in the action as it is in the intention and how he conceive this act. And from what you are writing i think he know he cheated on you.

M
M
I would NOT assume he is telling the truth about it stopping at that level of cheating.

S
S
I would be very worried about how much he traveled, how often he got drunk when he traveled, and how often he "kissed" other women when he got drunk when he traveled.

My mind goes this way:

He went further than kissing. He has done this with other women. How far has he gone with her that he isn't telling me, how many other women has he done this with, and

HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON??????

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
H
H
Does your husband do this often? My grandmother always had a good way of looking at things she said "If you wouldn't do it in front of your wife or kids you shouldn't be doing it." Pretty sound advice.

BH-51
FWW-39
6 month EA
4 fantastic kids.
Happily Recovered
M
M
Hello there!
Id say the answer is yes.......Why would a married man be in a place behaving in such a manor? Bars are not for married men/women traveling alone much less drinking.

Allowing themselves to be in that predicaments is what leads to trouble and trouble isn't hard to find. Believe me. Sometimes its innocent, that is between you all to decide.

Did he tell you this of his own free will or was he busted? Kudos for him if he did it honestly. Best of luck and God bless you

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation