Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2085029 07/04/08 10:52 PM
A
OP Offline
A
This coming Monday will be three weeks since I had a quadruple bypass, I'm only 44 and had 100, 90, 85 and 65 % blockage. The pain is still here to keep me company. My wife and I got in another major argument while I was in the hospital just days after the surgery. I was full of percocet and she was full of anger.

The OW worked at the hospital my wife would have preferred I'd had the procedure done since it is well known for its heart center, but I chose another hospital. I think that was part of the argument. Then I had to bring up her affair which happened three years ago. There I was pacing this little room pulling along my IV and feeling like my chest was going to explode wearing one of those little gowns where your @ss is exposed going back and forth with her. It was a mess. Our marriage is a mess. I think it's time to call it quits, I don't know what else to do. We've both hurt each other too much it seems with adultery.

On a side note I was really surprised that they used some kind of super glue instead of stitches to seal off all the cuts on my legs and chest.

K
K
How well is the glue working? I'm surprised they have glue you can use on human skin.

Right now, you need to focus on getting better. And then try to do your best for recovery...you will get much help from the veterans here.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
A
OP Offline
A
The glue worked well. It's mostly gone now. They told me it was basically super glue.

V
V
Please take care of yourself! That is such a major surgery.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
Glad you are doing okay.

My sons' dad had that operation when he was only 36. It lasted 20 years, during which he continued to smoke, drink, take drugs, not exercise and eat fatty food.

Hope you will follow doctors orders.

L
L
Originally Posted by agedcadillac
There I was pacing this little room pulling along my IV and feeling like my chest was going to explode wearing one of those little gowns where your @ss is exposed going back and forth with her. It was a mess.

Buddy I am sorry and I support you, but you are one funny dude. I can picture the above situation clear as day...Im not laughing at you just with you......im am cracking up.....

You made it thru the bypass....this is your new life......we can talk morre about this later.

Lemonman, MD

Some people just don't get it, they don't get it that they don't get it.

I had the right to remain silent.......but I didn't have the ability.
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Lemonman. I feel better each day.

PS: I stole some towels too.

B
B
Hang in there. Do you smoke? If so, you need to quit.

V
V
Originally Posted by agedcadillac
PS: I stole some towels too.

Oh crap, this gave me a good laugh! Thanks agedcadillac, I really needed that! laugh Glad you are doing okay.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
A
OP Offline
A
Believer, I quit the day before surgery. I've been chewing nicotine gum like a dog working rawhide.

Esprit, I've started to click on your thread twice already but chickened out.

J
J
I'm glad you are doing ok!

It sounds like you need to do something about the stress though. But I have to admit, I love the image your words invoked! I also like this line:

I was full of percocet and she was full of anger.

That really outa be in a country-n-western song.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation