Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
D
OP Offline
D
It's the 4th!!! Long weekend yeah!!!

My daughter has invited her buds all over for a BBQ!!! So I will be cooking!!!

Will work at Curves for 2 hours on Saturday, and then I am hoping to get a friend to go ride ATV's, if not will go up to the hills and go hiking!!!

Sunday will be church and then I don't know!!!

Dawn

P
P
Started out pretty good.

I dusted off the Beech and took her for a spin after work.

The old bird's ready for passengers.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
G
G
Boats... That sounds nice. I haven't been sailing in three years or more.

We're going to celebrate the 4th at my dads, plus a family birthday. I'm making a blueberry and a cherry birthday pie. I just bought 8 pounds of pie cheeries I need to pit. However, it's a small price to pay for real cherry pie.

Independence Day is my favorite holiday. I may love it even more than Christmas. Christmas is so much work and stress. The 4th is fire works and bathing suits, pie and ice cream.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
N
N
I have tons of blueberries. Anyone want to come pick them? I have little patience to pick, so I haven't made a blueberry pie in a few years, despite having over 75 blueberry bushes and some are over 8 feet high (very hard to cover).

We will be walking in the July 4th parade tomorrow. Rain is forecast for the entire weekend in our area, so a trip to the shore may be out.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
G
G
Newly, I have raspberries. I have my girls pick them. LOL.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
S
My weekend with the kiddos. Picking them up from daycamp and school this afternoon and heading up to my aunt and uncle's house on Lake Livingston. They have neighbors with kids who weekend up there throughout the summer, and during the holidays, there's a lot going on. They do a bonfire, fireworks, an inflatable water slide, not to mention the lake itself and my uncle's boat.

We'll head back on Saturday, and then the GF is planning to come over in the evening for a couple of hours around just before I put the kids to bed. They can spend a little time getting better acquainted, and then she and I can have some alone time talking or just watching a movie.

P
P
Looks like I'll be going alone.

The GF's mother has "become mysteriously ill" all of a ssudden.

Possible drug overdose of anti-anxiety medicine.

I can't go, cause as of today all vacations have been canceled because the cambodians have all taken next week off. A memo came through that we are getting new automated equipment, so they figure to save their jobs, they'll cripple tha company.

I know just WHO I WON'T put in to be transfered into the new department.

Now I can't take a vacation because of them, or go with Tabbi to see about her mother.

A
A
Lets see....Parade and Family Picnic tomorrow....Fireworks Saturday and work on Sunday.

Parade is our highlight. It's a big thing here and my store is participating. We borrowed a 2009 RED Dodge Ram Hemi from the local dealership to throw candy from. I'd let them keep my Malibu in a heartbeat as fair trade... laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
my only plans were to get a massage and go see my mom

However, I got the massage, a manicure, a pedicure, had dinner and saw a movie with a friend.

Today, I still need to go see my mom and henna my hair.

My children have been gone for 2 weeks and will be home later today. Daughter has been home 1/2 a week for the last 5.5 weeks.

D
OP Offline
D
AGE, I got to drive one of those for the parade of lights at Christmas time!!! Cool,, What kind of store do you own?

Cind, I be the massage and special treatment felt wonderful!!!

I am having another cook out as we had leftovers from the 4th only 5 kids showed up and I had food for 20.

Did not call Bowling guy and invite, I've decided til he mends his was he is to toxic for me to be around. It's been a week since I've seen him. I have vowed that he will have to do the pursuing, I am done!!! Friends keep telling me different, that he is just trying to find himself, well he needs to look under a rock!!!

I stopped at the heritage fesitival on my way home and got a "Snoppy" decal for my Explorer!!! too cool for this g-ma!!!

Dawn

A
A
Dawn,

I am a store manager for a beauty supply house.

We had a ton of fun btw!! Didnt want to give the Hemi back!! LOL

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
D
OP Offline
D
AGE,, Cool I have a friend that is a stylist, so she get me products when she goes to the warehouse. I got a free HC the other night as I wrapped a perm for her, says it's hard reaching the back!!!

Dawn

P
P
Went to Dahlonega anyways.

GF's son and I panned for gold and did really well, but I know the woman that owns the mine and I can pick through the hammer mill.

GF had a headache and stayed at the motel and hung out at the pool, her mom seems to be doing better so she didn't go.

The woman who owns the mine gave me one of her cockatoos to find a good home for it. I feel so sorry for him as he is a really good bird, but has a few behavioral problems. My cockatoo doesn't like other birds so he can't stay with me.

We watched the fireworks and they were fantastic.

A
A
Dawn

I love my job!! I look forward to going to work everyday! I've been licensed for 28 (WOW) years and never really liked doing hair but liked the business end of it...this is actually a dream job for me. smile

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
D
OP Offline
D
Yes it is here again, the weekend!!!! Which means our summer is ticking away!!! Darn!!

Saturday I have projects here at home to finish up. My aunt and Uncle are visiting my mom and dad so will probably go out to dinner with them and get caught up on family news.

Also have to get food stuff's together for a camping trip for 25 of the church kids. I am not staying overnights this year, but will help set camp up on Sunday afternoon and then will meet up for ice cream with a guy from the internet that I haven't meet yet, this will be a first for me!!!

What is it that you are doing???

Dawn

Last edited by daybreak; 07/10/08 11:40 PM.
C
C
A kid free weekend for me. I've a few house things to do (paint my front door, mow the lawn, maybe work on the garage). Going camping in a couple weeks, so may do some shopping for that. Also might catch a flick.

personal recovery
P
P
Going to hang out with my twin brother all weekend.

GF had to go to Mississippi, her mom is still sick and they don't know what's wrong. We suspect prescription abuse.

Anyways, one of our shooting buddies is going to let us raid his garden and beehive! He is also going to mine the lead out of his indoor range so we can cast bullets for the Sharps.

Weather has been too unpredictable to fly as of late, so that's out.

D
OP Offline
D
Pariah, there are two of you? That is just scary, and you play with guns?!!!!!

Dawn

C
C
Children gone for the night.

Currently, it's 5 p.m. Today, I have taken both children for their physicals - same office but different doctors, gone to see my mom, come home for lunch, taken daughter to another doctor appt, gotten ice cream then gone down the road to sit by a pond in a park to eat it, got gas for car, came home to send children to their dad's, taken the dog for her check-up, and come home. I'm in for the next 36 hours....then I drive 4 hours to take children to camp and come back home.

Thursday, the dog gets boarded at the vet and I go up to the camp for 2 nights.

A
A
I've had the past two days off...did some shopping yesterday, made my daughter a sundress today and now the kids are putt putt golfing with some friends and I'm watching "Cash Cab" and chilling. I return to work tomorrow for 4 days then have 8 days off!!

woohooo!!!

btw...the Ex marrys the OW next weekend

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation