Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I think I just lost my mucous plug. It wasn't bloody but what else could it be??? I know I've had three kids before, but I only lost the plug with the first and that was 12 years ago. I was induced with the third and don't recall losing it with the second.

I do remember that I went into labor very soon after losing it though.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
P
P
Sounds like you need a doc for an opinion and not that of a bunch of strangers on a website.

Just a thought.

Good luck with your delivery.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
T
T
If it looks like you just blew your nose in your pants, then it's your mucous plug. It does not necessarily mean you're going into labor right away, although that's what they used to tell us. Don't sweat it. It may or may not mean anything. If your water breaks, on the other hand...

V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
LOL, thanks for the thought, it's much appreciated. Sorry for being excited...wow.

I know that things have changed since I had my first one, they talked more about it then. My doctor doesn't seem to think much of it. I was rather excited though.

Edit: Perhaps I took that previous post the wrong way...which is easy to do in the state that I am in. If I did, sorry pomdbd3!

Last edited by Esprit; 07/08/08 09:52 PM.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
Baby is coming in 24 hours. But the other poster is right. Talk to your doc.

Ooh, I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Have you felt like cleaning the last day or so? That was a sure giveaway to me.

V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Haha yeah I cleaned my laundry room, my bedroom, the kitchen cabinets, fridge, and all on Sunday.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
T
T
It does not necessarily mean you're going into labor right away

But I repeat myself. Believer, the 24-hr. thing was a myth they passed off to women of our generation. By the time I became an OB nurse, now almost 30 years ago, the theory was fading, and has long since been abandoned. Too bad--I kinda liked it myself!

S
S
I remember the nesting. I even MOWED MY LAWN (riding mower), hoping it would jar that baby loose. According to the calculations, I went 40 weeks with DS. I went into labor the morning I was scheduled to be induced. He was comfy cozy in there, I suppose.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I admit, I would love to see him asap, BUT his little head is still up instead of down, though he has been doing cartwheels.

See, I always thought it meant that labor would be coming soon, but I've been looking online here and some women went weeks afterwards.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
OH NO, listen to T&L. She does this stuff for fun.

Must have been an old wives tale from our older generation.

Forget what I said. Just ignore it.

But let's have a pool. I say within 24 hours.

You are already dilated and effaced, and this is baby number 3, right?

V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Dilated 1cm, effaced 50%. 4th child smile

LOL, sometimes I feel like a baby making machine laugh

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
And forget that scientific stuff. You have been nesting. That says it all.

T
T
If your baby is breech, have you discussed the possibility of a version (externally manipulating the baby to turn head down--not necessarily a comfortable procedure for you personally, and it often doesn't work anyway) with your obstetrician? If you have not, have you discussed the possibility of a vaginal breech delivery? Most OB's won't do that these days--too much liability. So if your baby is breech and you went into labor now, your chance of a cesarean section absolutely skyrockets. You almost have to come in ready to deliver faster than they can get you to the operating room to pull it off. What you wish for right now should probably depend on how you feel about surgery...

V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I've read up on ECV (is that what you are talking about) and I'm open to the idea. I don't really have any problem with surgery though. I just want to see my beautiful, HEALTHY baby. It doesn't matter how he gets here as long as he is healthy. My body will heal either way smile LOL, hopefully.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
J
J
re. breach, mine were also doing flip-flops but the day before they were gonna induce me, Baby A (the one on bottom) was breach. So, to try to get him to turn around (don't laugh! I read this on the internet so it must be true!) I, um, squatted over a flashlight and rocked back and forth! You know, "move toward the light!"

Well before T&L and any other OB experts chime in, I'll just say it didn't work... but that's a point of contention cus the next day's U/S was the only one that she didn't let me see... I think she just would rather do a c-section. But I digress...

Good luck Esprit, I hope that baby turns for you!

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
LOL Jayne...that is too funny. I'll never think of "head toward the light" the same ever again. laugh

He has definitely lowered, I know that. I usually measure it with my hands, you know from where my bra ends to where the baby starts. I dunno if that's scientifically correct, but I have about a hand and a half where I used to have about half a hand LOL.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
L
L
My training which I freely admit is 6 years out of date.....

Mucous plug is lost 1-2 weeks before birth, caused by the same hormones that cause softening of tissues in the birth area (trying to not be too graphic, guys are delicate :))
However, baby engaging is a better guestimate. Since your baby is still breech it may not if ever really engage.
Vaginal delievery of breech babies is done in NZ without too much fuss, just a bit more care is required to stop it asperating fluids.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Personally, I would much rather have surgery than give birth to a baby's butt. LOL laugh

Of course, my only son would want to be born telling the world to kiss his rear smile

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
T
T
I have no scientific basis for this whatsoever. This is entirely anecdotal, but it's MY anecdote. I do remember one patient a couple of years ago who had had a persistent breech. She did some Chinese technique called "moxibustion." You can read about how to do it at this link:

moxibustion

I had never heard of it before, but when she came in afterwards, the baby was finally vertex and she had a vaginal delivery. I would want to avoid an abdominal surgery if possible. I've had 4 vaginal births and 2 non-obstetric abdominal surgeries. Believe me when I tell you, the vaginal births were MUCH better. Speaking from my own personal experience (no offense, Neak and Neaksis, or your brothers who have no idea they're even being discussed!!)no mother of 4 needs to deal with the pain of surgery and all those kids.

V
Verve Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Nobody mother of 4 needs to deal with the pain of surgery and all those kids.

LOL that's the truth. Especially since my mom lives so far away and will only be able to spend so much time up here. Luckily my oldest is 12 and pretty responsible. I know she would help where she could. I could always smack WH around and make him do something laugh But, that might make me TOO happy.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation