Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
and this Season's time has passed.

6+ years is long enough. (****EDIT****)

****EDIT****

****EDIT****

So, rather than "argue" with you, let me ask you some direct questions:

Who is able to forgive sin, remembering that sin is against God first?

What was Jesus' instruction to Peter, and on what did Peter's forgiveness of someone depend?

Is there a "difference" between God's forgiveness and "human forgiveness" without God as the "model" for HOW TO forgive?

Nowhere have I EVER said that "only" Christians CAN save their marriage from adultery and rebuild a loving marriage. I get really tired of your abuse of the system and your freedom to contradict the CLEAR Word of God, all through the guise of attacking me with some disagreement you envision as being "contrary to what you want to believe."

For the record, ****EDIT**** That IS the point. God Himself is Sovereign and God determines what is TRUTH, not us and our opinions. So if you want to "take me to task" on something, do so, if for no other reason than I am a fallible human being too. But if you are going to do so, then SUPPORT your area of disagreement with the Scripture, not with just your own 'human opinion' or 'human reason.'

****EDIT****

****EDIT**** I just was looking for ANYTHING that would restore my M, and entertaining that it was because I was Jewish was the cause of my M not being restored was tearing me up. And I didn't have the self-esteem or feeling of being worth enough to know that is simply silly.

It is NOT that you are Jewish, it is NOT that anyone is a Christian, it is NOT that anyone is an Atheist, it is NOT that anyone is any "brand" of faith that exists in the world that is the "problem" with adultery and whether or not a marriage CAN be restored.

****EDIT****

When I speak to another person who professes to believe in Christ, I speak to them AS a Christian, as a brother or sister IN Christ, not as a member of any other "faith group."

When it comes to the matter of salvation, of "right standing with God," then I stand with the Man who was sent TO the Jews and who was rejected by the Jews. I stand on what HE said, because He IS the Messiah that was promised, first to the Jews and second to all Gentiles. I stand there solely because of the grace and mercy of God and NOT because of anything that I did to "earn" forgiveness of my sins.

****EDIT****

Be true to God. It is an issue of the nature of TRUTH, which IS what God is, whether we "like it or not." ****EDIT**** way seems to what you are asking here. He is "true to his opinions, even when they are in direct conflict with God's truth." That's NOT, imho, "being true to yourself," it is elevating "self" and "one's opinions" higher than God. That's also why he steadfastly refuses to engage in discussions where there are differences of opinion about what God has said and what he wants to believe as "his truth."

I find it incredibly shortsighted to say that only people who accept Jesus Christ can truly be saved, marriage, personally or otherwise. There are a lot of other religions and belief systems out there.

****EDIT**** - yes there ARE a "lot of other religions and belief systems out there." That isn't the question and never has been. The issue is which of them, if any, is TRUE. Truth regarding "other religions and belief systems" that are "out there" is determined by God, not by Man.

****EDIT**** as the "lone voice" on that thread, quoted Scripture, the revealed Word of God, HIS truth. She did NOT state her own "opinion," and that is the difference. It was for that truth that Saul left Judaism and left persecuting Christians and became Paul, THE apostle to the Gentiles, and who also "discussed" this "religion" of Jesus with MANY groups who were of "other religions and belief systems," many of which beat and nearly killed him on many occasions.

What humans want to do is to "make God over into their own image of what they want God to be," rather than the God who IS, and who is NOT dependent on what mankind wants or thinks about Him.

Can that be "offensive" to others who do not believe in Jesus? Sure. But just like a WS can get "offended" by the revealed truth of a BS, many people are offended by God's truth, but it doesn't change what TRUTH is, because God establishes truth, not Man.

"Stating" truth as it has been revealed to us by God is NOT intended to be an "in your face" sort of thing with the INTENTION of being "offensive" anymore than telling someone that Gravity is true and if you step off a building you will NOT fly, but you WILL fall. They may not want to believe that truth and they might get offended, but it would be more "offensive" to know the truth and NOT tells someone what it was and just let them go and be hurt. That wouldn't be love for others either, right?

But we are back to "feelings," aren't we? When we let "feelings" deny truth, that is where a lot of problems begin. And that is also the "problem" that I have had with ****EDIT****

****EDIT**** I have convinced myself several times to stay on MB to try to offer some support to others, especially to fellow believers, against my feelings that the changes in MB are profound. I no longer think it's worth the time and effort simply because God does not "need" me here anymore than He needed the apostles to "stay" in towns that were hostile to the gospel message.

Good luck to all who seek to recover their marriages or who divorce themselves from an unrepentant spouse.

I will retain my **edit** email address should anyone ever wish to contact me.

Adieu. Aloha. Shalom.

May the Peace of God which surpasses all understanding be yours, in Christ Jesus.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 11/12/11 06:47 PM. Reason: TOS violations - removing email
B
B
Folks:

I am watching this thread closely. If I see attacks, disrespect, or character assassinations on any level, I will LOCK it down.

Berlin
MBDB Moderator - To Protect & Serve

Berlin_MB@hotmail.com
B
B
FH,
God bless you in your future plans. Wherever that takes you. Your words of truth will be missed here.

Brokenhusband
Married 12 years
Me 35
DW 33
DD 12
DD 10
DS 8
M
M
Seems in my 3.5 years I've said goodbye to you a couple times but IF this is it (which I hope it's not), then thank you.

You will be missed.

A Christian BASED website (open to all) NEEDS knowledgeable Christian's such as yourself not just from time to time; but, all the time. They should pay you. lol.

You have taught me much. You've made me THINK and I appreciate that. I don't really recall arguing strenuously with you because I like the balanced information you are providing the poster (plans and strategies versus scripture)...THEY can take it or leave it..."I" don't have to change your mind (as if I could..lol). I've known all along where your heart is.

In His arms (Mortarman reference)

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
Adieu.

ETA..I ran the two threads by an associate pastor from my church that I deeply respect. He found NOTHING in my posts that was in conflict with Scripture and frankly shared my concerns over the post that lead to the second thread.

I wish you well FH.

Goodbye.

Last edited by medc; 07/11/08 10:18 AM. Reason: add some feedback
B
B
I'd really hate to see you go FH. I really would.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
R
R
Ditto on that, FH. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you do not have to be hurt or offended by them as long as you adhere to YOUR truth. Do not let the chaos that surrounds us in life, on this forum, or anywhere else shake you up and send you packing.

If you feel that leaving is the best thing for you, then by all means I wish you the very best in life. But do not leave as a reaction to other people's assessments of your approach or your beliefs. Staying in SPITE of that is where you will stand as a beacon to those who are seeking examples of the power of God's love, which is all-encomapassing.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
M
M
Foreverhers, I hope you just take a break and reconsider leaving. Your absence would be a great loss to this board. You are a TIRELESS defender of Christianity and I have been very grateful for your tireless defense over the years. I have learned so very much from you. Take care, friend, and please reconsider. You are needed here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Foreverhers, I hope you just take a break and reconsider leaving. Your absence would be a great loss to this board. You are a TIRELESS defender of Christianity and I have been very grateful for your tireless defense over the years. I have learned so very much from you. Take care, friend, and please reconsider. You are needed here.

Amen!

L
L
I no longer think it's worth the time and effort simply because God does not "need" me here anymore than He needed the apostles to "stay" in towns that were hostile to the gospel message.
I mean no disrespect to you but would it be worth the time and effort if instead of reaching MB as a whole your purpose was to reach just one person? Or maybe reach one person at a time? Or maybe scatter seeds that you'll never know actually took root and grew?

I personally know of more than a couple people your posting has reached over the years although you would have no way of knowing that.

Again, I mean no disrespect but the timing of your leaving concerns me. Imho, similar to how trolls post in a way that puts them center stage and diverts attention off of the business of MB, over the years I have seen longstanding members use trollish tactics for their own reasons and their own gain. That's just my opinion though, and I'm putting it out there because I would hate to see you leave according to someone else's agenda instead of your own decision. Again, I mean no disrespect but aren't we told that the best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them instead of engage with them--and get back to the business of saving marriages and saving people whose marriages won't be saved?

May the Peace of God which surpasses all understanding be yours, in Christ Jesus.
Same to you, Forever Hers, whether your purpose now is here or is elsewhere.

F
OP Offline
F

**EDIT**

Foreverhers, we would appreciate it if you would email your concerns to the moderator directly instead of here in the forum.

thank you, Revera

Last edited by Revera; 07/12/08 10:17 AM.
M
M
Quote:It isn't possible without Christ. (FH)

People of all faiths are able to forgive FH. It does not require a belief in Christ to recover a marriage. Obviously a believer in Christ would do well to follow His examples and commands...but the above statement clearly states that forgiveness is not possible without Christ in your life....and for some, nothing could be further from the truth. (MEDC)

This is what you call abusive??? I was nothing but polite in stating my opinion. What you call attacking I call a polite disagreement. You really leave me shaking my head at times and frankly I find these types of diatribes sad coming from a man with such a good heart.

M
M
NEVER violated by me. But others HAVE created multiple usernames for their own amusement, eh MEDC?

FOR DECEPTIVE PURPOSES FH! Can you actually follow the reason for the rule. I deceived no one by changing my name to batman, darkknight or MEDC. I was goofing around and had ONE user name that I changed to have a good time. I may change it again...but everyone here knows who I am.

You sound decidedly unChristian at times. Sad.

eta...nice to see you back...again.

B
B
Chalk up another one for Satan.

I'll miss you Foreverhers, and so will the hundreds of people you have helped. And there is one believer here right now who is regaining her faith that she lost because of YOU speaking the words of Jesus and standing up to the Evil One.

B
B
And her own pastor and church failed her.

F
OP Offline
F
**EDIT**

Foreverhers, we would appreciate it if you would email your concerns to the moderator directly instead of here in the forum.

thank you, Revera

Last edited by Revera; 07/12/08 02:01 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation