Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 78 of 132 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 131 132
Q
Q
I belive I have time to think about it for a while yet,,,,
Or ask G-d to help reveal it to you and wait for the answer while you are silent. smile

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yes - - you are right on the money there, Queenie!

Thanks!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
Q
Q
You taught it to me babe....

I still want that chardonnay, so instead, I'm dragging my sore big butt, down to starbucks to meet my sponsor and hitch a ride to a meeting.

Catch ya later...

Have one relaxing evening for me.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
But IF you allow him to CAKE-EAT, you prolong and enable his waywardness....

Take this into consideration...

I believe in being PROACTIVE and PLANNING...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
L
L
Hi Bugs,

But IF you allow him to CAKE-EAT, you prolong and enable his waywardness....

... not to mention the waste of brain cells on a WS!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
S
Dark dark dark

M
M
Drac is HUNGRY for CAKE and he KNOWS how to get to BUGSY...knows just what to DO and what to SAY...he's on the PROWL..and will get off on knowing that he has had an EFFECT..is hoping that the CELLPHONE talk is working...YUCK...and it almost HAS..I mean, look at you, Bugsy. You CONSIDERED calling him on the phone when he threw out the BAIT...DOUBLE YUCK..

BUGSY..put up your guard..

YOU NEED a SHIELD along with your CAPE and SHADES...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
At this point, Bugsy, I see plan B as a WIN WIN situation for you. The darker you are, the more your winnings.

So, put on those RayBan's to block out that Drac.

The fact that you considered TM'ing Drac when it was totally unnecessary is telling. Don't do it. I don't know why this test was placed before you this evening, but you have passed so far. KEep chuggin along.

Oh, hugs to DSS. He must've been really frightened.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
Ooops, Bugsy considered TMing him...not calling him..

As my boys say: "An alternate means of communication"...

YOU, YOUNG FOLK, YOU...

cool (rolling eyes behind the SHADES)....

L
L
Hi Bugs,

The fact that you considered TM'ing Drac when it was totally unnecessary is telling.

Yep...I would agree...Drac is wanting to tempt you into stroking his ego, and see if you will find an 'excuse' to call him...DON'T!

It's a test in auto-discipline, and choosing the healthier route...DARKNESS!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
M
M
Drac is wanting to tempt you into stroking his ego, and see if you will find an 'excuse' to call him...DON'T!

Luna:

I'm not disagreeing with you...cause PART of this IS about stroking his ego..ADMIRATION NEED..I'm a GOOD DADDY, etc., etc.

But I want to make sure Bugsy GETS this..

It's about MEETING HIS EMOTIONAL NEEDS...that's what he is NEEDING and WANTING from BUGSY..

I find it so INTERESTING how this is INDICATIVE of the HARLEY THEORY in ACTION...

Plus, DRAC, seeming to be quite a CASANOVA, is being SEDUCTIVE..taking the INDIRECT ROUTE at this...

Basically, it boils down to the OLD CAT AND MOUSE GAME...

Bugsy has to REMAIN the MOUSE...and the CAT is on the PROWL...

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Morning!

Sorry I had to duck out last night - - DSS and Ladybugs needed some Mommy time.

So, let's re-cap the actual actions.

Thursday night email from Drac

Bug's response - Dark. No reply

Friday TM from Drac.

Bug's response - Dark. No reply

Friday night DSS stiches -

Let DSS talk to Drac.

No request from Drac to speak with Bugs

No TM or direct communication from Bugs to Drac - even though I was tempted because of it being an 'emergency' type sitch involving the kids.

I thought about the TM because if I were in Drac's shoes, I would be upset and worried - - I would want details from the adult/parent.

Then, I realized that Drac had the opportunity to ask to speak with me if he was THAT concerned. He didn't ask, so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal

Or

More likely it's another thing to 'blame Bugs' for - - That I didn't call him myself when it happened. Well, I guess I'll just live with that blame on my shoulders along with everything else.

Of course, if he really is so concerned, why isn't he here to see DSS? I notice he didn't jump in his car to drive home, now did he? Honestly, it's NOT that big of a deal for a 14 yr old boy to get a few stiches. But as a Mom, I doubt I could handle not being here a.s.a.p. to see for myself, but that's just me.

I did have a good talk with FIL. He asked about the kids, and specifically about how DSS is doing in summer school. Apparently Drac isn't sharing anything with him either. I updated him best I could. I told him that really all I could tell him was how things are when they are with me - and that is seems better with the Ho gone.

He said all he knew was that she was gone. Drac came to FILs to spend the night when she moved out. That's all he knew. I guess a few folks know about it at work. FIL commented that Drac needs to 'get himself straightened out.' I replied, "well, I just don't know what to say about that Dad." I left it at that and changed the subject back to the kids.

I am going to spend some time going back and reading all of the MB principles again. It's time for a refresher dose for me.

I do want that man who is willing to swim oceans or climb mountains for me. If it is Drac, then Plan B is the way to place myself in the right position to observe if he is willing/capable of trying to do any of that for me. Right?

As they said in Cool Hand Luke, I "gotta get my mind right". And as Queenie reminded me, I need to go to God with this and keep it where it belongs,,,, in His hands.

Today will be some yard work and house work. Later, taking the family to the races. It's going to be a late night! Maybe I'll fit in a nap this afternoon.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Mimi,

About this -

I see what you are saying - - yet I see it as the cat just wants to possibly 'play' with the mouse, as there is no other entertainment with which to fill his time right now.

And

He's not on the prowl for real sustinance. He's not really looking for what is important to his existance in this prowling around the mouse.

And

What happens if the cat thinks that by the mouse staying completely hidden that the 'chase' isn't worth it?

Just some meandering thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

L
L
Hi Bugs and Mimi,

I would agree....if OP is out of the picture... a VOID has been created for someone to fulfil EN...

Should a WS meet at least the minimum PBL terms: (1) N/C with OP and (2) committment to recovery (with remorse and regret to follow) before it's safe for BS to break Plan B? I think so.

Drac meets condition (1) by default... and not requiring (2) would be 'lowering' standards....and which I think is one reason why affairs happen in the first place...

...so I am with you MIMI.... no reading between the lines and making it easy for him... he needs to EARN his way back... show that Bugs is VALUABLE to him and be made to feel special, and anybody else just won't do ...

...because M recovery WILL require a lot of effort (at least that's what I have been told..LOL!)....so I say DARK is the route to go...

(PS: cross-posting happening on hot thread!)

Last edited by lunamare; 07/19/08 08:04 AM.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
L
L
Hi Bugs,

What happens if the cat thinks that by the mouse staying completely hidden that the 'chase' isn't worth it?

...I don't think it matters what the cat thinks...

...do you think you are worth the chase?

...if so, it's a risk I think you have to be willing to take...if you are looking for 'substance'...

XBW
DS16 & DS22
Q
Q
Bugs,

I have been working in more detail through the last of my AA steps. If you aware please forgive me, or indulge me. The 11th step is sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with G-d as we understood him, praying only for his will and the knowledge to carry that out.

Lately I had been stepping up my prayers to G-d to bring WH down and have him be destroyed or hit rock bottom. One might consider that prayer a little too selfish. So one way my sponsor told me I could pray was.

G-d you know what I want, you know what WH needs, can you make them match?

This is a great prayer because we are being honest in our soul to G-d and yet we are seeking HIS will.

Just a thought.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Hey Luna!

The one thing I AM sure of is that I AM worth it!!

My weekend keeps getting better and better -

Ladybugs wakes up and tells me she has a 'bump' in her mouth. It's on her gum.

Abcess.

Called dentist and am taking her in this morning!

Let's hope that *I* am not next to fall victim to needing emergency care this weekend!

Now another dilema with what/when/how to tell Drac about this??

I'll check back later,,,gotta get ready to go.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Queenie

sorry I missed your post - -

I am sort of familiar with the steps, and I am SO proud of you for being where you are in the process. Good for you!

thanks for the prayer suggestion!!

gotta run,,,,,,,,,

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

Q
Q
Have an awesome day GODDESS

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
If LadyBugs winds up having to take antibiotics, that would be a good way to tell Drac, by talking about dosing and such. If there will be any aftercare that will need to go on into his visitation, that is when you tell him. Otherwise, it's not an emergency.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Page 78 of 132 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 131 132

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Inlove67), 131 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation