Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Last edited by MenOut; 07/24/08 02:32 PM.
M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Last edited by MenOut; 07/24/08 02:33 PM.
C
C
Well, he is also VERY happy at home, isn't he?

Semantics.

M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Last edited by MenOut; 07/24/08 02:33 PM.
R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by MenOut
So, I talked with a co-worker today who went through dealing with her WH which ultimately ended in divorce. She pretty much told me nothing will happen in the direction to save our marriage until I one day come to a conclusion that I'm not going to put up with it anymore, that I'm done with her and the BS and tell her so. She says I have to be in that place to make that decision and stick with it but she feels like I'm not in that position yet. She dealt with everything for 3 years and finally got a good night sleep the night she finally told him to get out and it's over. She says my WW does not find me attractive AT ALl because I'm available. That I'm there to fall back on if things fall apart with her and OM. She said I'm going to be a mess (down and emotional) for a long time.

So your discussing your marital issues with someone of the opposite sex?

Look, you never really respond to my posts anyways, so you probably wouldn't notice if i threw my hands up and walked away from this thread.

I'll say it one more time with my baseball bat in my hands. Stay away from women. Stop playing with fire.

If you don't like what I said, politely ask me to leave and I will.

Anyway, just sharing the talk and opinion.

So, my wife comes over to drop of our son. She's blond but I noticed her hair was much lighter. Asked her if she did something and she said she was trying to go platinum blonde. The ONLy time I've seen her with that blonde of hair was pictures of her when she was 18 and under before she knew me.

Did you compliment her? Just curious.. Plan A, Plan A, Plan A

Again, somehow the conversation turns to the marriage. She tells me more of my mistakes, most of I've heard a million times before in the last couple of months. I told her that I can only show her day by day that I've learned my mistakes and changing things that I needed to be better at, etc. I brought up the whole Rockets game thing only in that I didn't realize this was going to take that long (she says again that she moved out to get clarity). She says that she can't see us going on a date anyway. I asked why she feels like that and she responded with that she would fell it would be unfair that I would be there emotionally for her on a date but she wouldn't be there the same way for me. I told her I understand that would be the case and it wouldn't be an issue. She acted stunned and asked me if I would REALLY be OK with that. I told her I can't expect her to just flip a switch, that it will take time.

I'll post later, but you should really avoid the R talk.

Anyway, talked to my Mom on the phone tonight and it's the first time she noticed me sounding really sad. I've put up a good front in front of my family. But, she heard right through it tonight. She was heartbroken. I haven't told her of the A so she's just plain confused as to why my WW is doing all of this.

Don't front to your family anymore, no matter how many grey hairs you may get in the years to come, she'll always see her little boy.

SO, I feel like I'm on an island. Like I'm the only person fighting for my marriage and family. She certainly isn't. I get the BIG impression none of her friends or family are. My family isn't either. My mom told me last week I should start a singles bowling league. lol. I had to remind her, "Mom, I'm still married trying to save my marriage here." lol

So, just talking. I'm pretty lonely in this quiet house of mine so this is the one place I can vent/let things out. So, thanks for listening/reading. lol

Hey if you need someone to talk to, we are all here for you.

Last edited by RMX; 07/23/08 10:24 PM. Reason: forgot quote tags.. DOHT!

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
RMX #2097316 07/23/08 10:54 PM
M
M
So, I talked with a co-worker today who went through dealing with her WH which ultimately ended in divorce.
If you're fat and want to be skinny, find out what skinny people do and do that...

If you're trying to save your marriage, _____________. (Fill in the blank)

Follow Dr Harley's plans. Skip the psychobabble and the pop-psychology and the advice of those who gave up on their marriage without trying MB methods. This stuff works...

IF you actually do it...

Mark

C
C
Explain again why you didn't expose her affair to everyone?

A
A
One thing you dont need to do is get caught up talking to the opposite sex *unless family related* about ANYTHING at this moment.

You are in a very emotional state right now. And that is a dangerous thing to do.

I wouldnt bring up the game again to your WW since you have opened the door already too it. I would work on improving yourself and put fourth your plans.

Parents always see thru our pain. And one thing is something bothering you, do not be ashamed by it. Stop the fronts and acts. Let your feelings be known.

M you know she will tell you anything and everything right now to try and get on your nerves. Do not think shes out of the fog. And do not think the OM is out of her life.

Shes freeloading off her mom and enjoying it all. Shes trying to convience herself that her son is happy right where he is. And it almost just ALMOST sounds like shes gonna try and put your son between you two.

Yes bad days and good days will happien. convos as if nothing happiend will take place but this did happien it has to be worked on.

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
RMX #2097427 07/24/08 08:39 AM
M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Last edited by MenOut; 07/24/08 02:34 PM.
C
C
I just can't tell them about everything. Just can't. They know she's evolved some feelings for another man, but that's all. Maybe they already have a feeling, but I just can't get myself to tell them everything. I just keep thinking, IF things work out, how uncomfortable will it be in the future between them and my wife.
Remind me again, have you sent a NC letter, removed all access to OM, all that jazz, or is she still contacting him?

M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Last edited by MenOut; 07/24/08 02:31 PM.
M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Last edited by MenOut; 07/24/08 02:31 PM.
M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by catperson
Remind me again, have you sent a NC letter, removed all access to OM, all that jazz, or is she still contacting him?

A NC letter? That's the first time I've heard of that.

No, not that I'm around her much at all these days, but I know she hasn't removed access to OM. If anything, she's just going to keep saying he is a REAL GOOD friend.

C
C
You don't know what a NC letter is? Have you even read the stuff here about how to stop an affair? I'm beginning to think not, since you're not really doing any of it.

This stuff works. IF you follow the plan. If you do little bits and pieces here and there and try to cause as little pain and stress to everyone, you'll get just what you deserve: an ex-wife and living without your son.

I'm sorry if you think that's rude, but I can't believe you'd not take the stuff here seriously, and determine that you can figure out a better way to handle it, since your situation's so much different from everyone else's - NOT.

OF COURSE she's still seeing him, then. Why shouldn't she? You're doing nothing about it, she gets to quit work and have someone else pay for her, her mom is probably glad to have her baby and grandbaby back home, she gets courted by you AND OM, and the only one getting screwed over here is you. By YOUR choice.

*sigh*

M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by catperson
You don't know what a NC letter is? Have you even read the stuff here about how to stop an affair? I'm beginning to think not, since you're not really doing any of it.

This stuff works. IF you follow the plan. If you do little bits and pieces here and there and try to cause as little pain and stress to everyone, you'll get just what you deserve: an ex-wife and living without your son.

I'm sorry if you think that's rude, but I can't believe you'd not take the stuff here seriously, and determine that you can figure out a better way to handle it, since your situation's so much different from everyone else's - NOT.

OF COURSE she's still seeing him, then. Why shouldn't she? You're doing nothing about it, she gets to quit work and have someone else pay for her, her mom is probably glad to have her baby and grandbaby back home, she gets courted by you AND OM, and the only one getting screwed over here is you. By YOUR choice.

*sigh*

I'm taking this stuff VERY seriously. Maybe I'm not looking in the right directions. I don't know. I know my situation is not different than any others. And, you're not rude. Thank you for your straight-forward advice. I guess I just went with just stuff people posted in my two threads and didn't enough of my own digging on the site.

C
C
Good to hear. Please do start reading; it's from the Harleys, so it'll be much more succinct, accurate advice. And the NUMBER ONE thing it ALL tells you is that you will NEVER get your marriage back if you don't stop the affair. By exposing. And if exposing doesn't work, find another way. Be mean, be rude, be overbearing if you have to. You have the RIGHT and a DUTY to be mad about this and to demand that she stop the affair. We're not supposed to use the word demand, but you have to find a way to make it so darned uncomfortable for her to remain in it that she gives it up. Or he does. If no one else will help you, take time off work, and start following her (or him). Show up at each place they go to. Go up to her in public and say 'W, what are you doing here with another man than me? Why don't you come home?'

Embarrass the heck out of them. (but don't stalk; she can call the police for that) Make it miserable to get together.

E
E
Click on the Q & A Columns link, then click on How to survive Infidelity and start reading. You'll be glad you did.

M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

E
E
I can't recommend lying. If you want to hire a PI, do it. Otherwise, when she finds out you didn't do that, it leaves her room to doubt that you are doing the other things you say you are doing... like your willingness to make positive, lasting, changes. Dishonesty is a Love Buster, no matter who is doing it.

Last edited by Exodus1414; 07/24/08 10:00 AM.
M
MenOut Offline OP
OP Offline
M
delete

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation