Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone!

Haven't posted in awhile because I've been so busy with school, work, life. But I read many threads and pray daily for everyone here.

But today I got the best news I've had since this whole mess started...

Today -- after 11 months -- my WH FINALLY signed the LSA.

And I got EVERYTHING I wanted:

The house

My retirement accounts

I pay no spousal support to him

I have no responsibility for ANY of his debt (whether it was acquired during the M or not).

I am so elated y'all. Thanks to all those who supported me (Queenie, Chai, James, Tabby1, Believer). Your prayers and support mean the world to me.

God is good, God is good...

Smartie

J
J
YAY!!!!!

Way to go Smartie smile I'm so glad to see things turning out well for one of the gang.

Sending some love and prayers your way today. Remember to thank God as He is definitely watching over you smile.

So awesome.. laugh

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
T
T
YIPPEE!!!!

Now, once you get his name legally off the house, make sure you throw yourself a housewarming party!! After all, you will technically be "buying" your house! I have some great blender recipes!!!

D
D
Wow Smartie, that's GREAT!!!

Congratulations!!

Charlotte

S
OP Offline
S
James

Thank you so much. You know when I got the word from my attorney I closed the door to my office got on my knees and thanked God for His blessing today.

Hope all is well for you and your little ones.

Tabby

Don't you know it! Send the blender receipes my way...although tonight I think a glass of champagne is the ticket. smile

Q
Q
Hearing your voice today I know how grateful and touched you were by G-ds blessings in your life.

I know how difficult your walk has been through this and not only are you an inspiration, but a treasure in my life.

I love you, Smartie.....

Keep that bed open for me, I am a comin one day

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
HUZZAH!!

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Queenie

Sweetie you are the best. You have been my rock through all this, don't know how I would have made it without you. And as far as tomorrow, you do what you and your A think is best. I'm praying for a good result for you.

Charlotte

I love your thread. You've made me smile/laugh many a time. All in all, I did okay even if I didn't have Shiny! LOL

Cinders

Thanks for posting to me. You are an insipration.

I'll only add this comment to those who are interested. IMO, NC with my WH really helped in this process. Because WH did not have me as a part of the drama, as time passed there was less reason to try "punish" me, so to speak. In Plan B I never got into a power struggle over the LSA, so when he was ready to sign (for whatever reason) he did it without any negotiation or protest. Anyway, it's soemthing to think about.

Well Goddesses--I've such a day I'm worn out! So it's off to do a little homework and then to bed.

I love you all!

S
OP Offline
S
So to update you all...

Looks like I'm the latest MBer to get on the D-Line. Atty called to let me know WH filed for D. Our mandatory year of separation was up 6/23. Since OW filed for D in June, I pretty much knew it was coming. LSA is done and I'm not constesting so the D should be easy to process--final by late October unless WH drags his feet.

I don't know guys, maybe this sounds strange but the major feeling I have is RELIEF. I feel like I can finally start to think about beginning fresh again--still working on my personal recovery, but I am so much better than I was on D-Day over one year ago. I'm not sure if it is normal to be this calm confused

Anyway, this is new territory for me so if any others who have been through it have any words of wisdom I'm all ears. smile You've helped to get me through this far...

Thanks!

Smartie

Q
Q
Hey woman,

{{{{{{{{{{{Smartie}}}}}}}}}

You have always been so brave and accepting of whatever has come your way. I love you so dearly and want you to know I am here with you, praying for you and loving you.

You can't fool me girl, as accepting you are, I know it hurts and saddens you because of who you are. So, I will give you a call as I head up north.

Queenie

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
O
O
smartie,
I don't know you, but it is a tribute to hear a woman speak with the assurance that you are (in the words we can read) after going through this.

I'm sure you are and will be an inspiration for those on this journey.

Good luck in your next chapter.

BS(me) - 40
FWH - 36

6 years of discovery.
Now - one day at a time....
S
OP Offline
S
Queenie

Now I know you know me better than anyone on MB, but I'm telling you I am feeling --- I don't know --- good is certainly not the word but not like I expected to feel. I thought when this day came I'd feel sad, depressed, rejected, defeated.

And I don't...maybe it's coming later?? Is there a roller-coaster just for the D process.

I think that's why I posted here--why don't I feel like there's been a big loss in my life when in reality there is? Did grieving over the A and the loss of my marriage at the beginning get me further than I thought??

Any takers?? Seriously folks...

OUC

Thanks for your kind words of support. I don't know if I can inspire anyone but I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Smartie

W
W
Smartie,

I HOPE that it's normal because I felt relief, too. Almost the feeling of "FINALLY!"

I thought I would need time to mourn, to reflect, to gather myself agian.

I did not.

I walked out of court and carried on with my life like it was just another task I could mark off my list of things "to do".

WxH wiped me out mentally and it was a long slow crawl away from d-day.

By the time the actual divorce hearing came, I was more than ready.

After d-day, I could not see outside of an hour. There was no life ahead of that.

After time, I could see that there WAS life out there waiting for me. I still had so many blessings and those would continue with or without WxH.

As I said on another thread, I became fully me and less a part of him.

That's a good thing for personal recovery.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Fox

WxH wiped me out mentally and it was a long slow crawl away from d-day.

By the time the actual divorce hearing came, I was more than ready.

After d-day, I could not see outside of an hour. There was no life ahead of that.

After time, I could see that there WAS life out there waiting for me. I still had so many blessings and those would continue with or without WxH.

EXACTLY how I've felt from D-day to now. After I processed the fact that WH was leaving me, I was a mess! Couldn't concentrate, couldn't sleep, sad so much of the time (then I moved to angry...)

But today when I saw my A's number on my cell--I thought "well, that means WH filed." And when my A confirmed I was right, I said 'Cool, that means I won't have to pay for it!".

Whew...maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought! smile

Thanks for the reassurance.

Smartie

S
S
My divorce will be final next month. Should of been last month, but for whatever reason the judge moved it to next. So I walked into court thinking "this is it." I didn't feel sad or nervous. It was just another day. I just wanted to get out of there so I could enjoy the rest of the day off of work. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one to feel that way. I thought there was something wrong with me.

S
OP Offline
S
SL77

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to see others have felt as I do.

Smartie

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation