Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 100 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 99 100
S
S
BTW Kimmy, I never did see a play by play of YOUR weekend away. It must have been a really good one if you can't talk about it.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
A
A
Hi SS ... Rella ... T&L... MAL ...CC .. Neaksis ... Kimmy and lots of others I have probably forgotten tonight as my head is fuzzy ... need shuteye

A late night ... for me 3.20am .... drop in. Why do I stay up? well SOMETIMES just if I'm lucky Aussies calls or emails.. so as hope springs ever eternal I stay up ... way too often smile

Very quite here right now ... well if you exclude Mikey but of course he's asleep .... Liz and Hayley along with Clare and her hubby are all over in Sydney visiting with the Pope... along with another 600,000 plus under 25's from across the world .. and singing for him ... Liz really wanted to sing in the choir but who can knock back a request to sing for the man anyway he wants ????? grin
well as she said.. as long as she has fun and a chance to pray during the stations of the cross. She finds it great comfort to pray the stations of the cross while her DH is deployed. Says she is not as fearful and anxious.

I haven't done too much work here at home lately, spent way too much and have to slow down a bit. But still have one set of sliding glass doors to go in and then lay the new wooden floor through the house.... but on the bright side that means I get to buy a drop saw !!! laugh and I need a new bench as well ... and while I think of it ........ grin

I wonder if T&L has access to a computer as I know Neak took the laptop??????????? we shall have to be patient I suppose ... drats!!!!! frown

well us grass widows had better get to bed ... need my beauty sleep a whole LOT these days crazy

gotta luv ya and leave ya

AW

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Thursday, I got up at 10 instead of 7 as scheduled. My hoped for departure time was 10-11.

So, after getting a late start, I had to shuffle the order in which I got things done. I got in the car and my mom's car (she doesn't drive it much and it needed a chance to really be driven) and it didn't want to go unless you managed to get it up around 30 mph at which time it would run great. I went to the chiropractor at 11 or so and didn't get away till after 12:30. Went home and got dog, took her to be boarded, got key made for house, dropped it off at friend's house. Shopped at the place I normally get my car repaired and they wouldn't even look at it. Called my bil and he suggested I take the car to the dealer - where all the work has been done on it - on the other side of the county. So, I hit the interstate and it runs fine for 25 miles. Got off and it started stuttering again. Creep to the dealer and they try to get me to come back in on Friday but I explained the predicament and they got right on it. Car needed a new catalytic converter and ignition coil. Converter was under warranty but coil wasn't so I spent $400 to repair a car that isn't even mine. I got away at 6 p.m. from the other side of town. My 1 p.m. or so arrival ended up being 8:30.

I spent 2 nights sleeping on a 4" thick piece of foam covered in vinyl and thrown on a piece of metal instead of metal. No heat, no air conditioning. It was cool at night. Daytime was 80 degrees and breezy but the air was so humid it was sticky.

I didn't sleep at all Thursday.

It's 5:30 p.m. right now. In the morning, I get to help in the nursery at church. I'm not sure babies are gonna be on my list of fun things for tomorrow.

T
T
I'm reading and have my own laptop but haven't been able to log in. I think I just remembered why, but will have to wait to try it until I'm back across the pond tonight. Neak is in MT. I'm assuming her dad's started back to CA by now, but haven't talked to anybody directly. Her two oldest are off to summer camp today, so I only have to "babysit" my dad for the next wk. And the two blasted dogs. mad

C
C
Yeah, dogs do get in the way of life. That's why I resisted so long. I still find her to be a bit of a nuisance but I guess I'll keep her.

what I would give up seeing if I didn't have Zoe, the shaggy little lovechild

this pooch's head looks just like Zoe

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello and love to all...I am alive and well, AJ is happy, and the Dervish is being quite a bit better, though that may change when he finds out that his direct (and rude) refusal to comb his hair before we left for town is going to cost him his trip to Dairy Queen he may not be so happy.

Wish I could hang around longer. I walked over to BIL/SIL's to make a bill payment before the deadline, and the theft thingy is acting up in the car so it wouldn't start. Now I just have to walk back and try it again.

Um, thanks for watching the mad dogs mad etc., Mom.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Well, you should SEE what that stupid Clancy did to the screen in the front window. It doesn't just have a hole poked in it from his idiot nose; it's in tatters. He scuttles around a lot when I'm there. I can't think why... laugh

A
A
Oh good someone's home smile

I'm back home totally Poped out laugh

I promised to send something to Neak ages ago and just didn't get my act together but as she is in the process of moving I thought I would send it to her mum - yes I know it's you T&L no use pretending - to pass along, in the fullness of time. my Mum said she has the addy so I'm just saying it's on it's wayyyyyyyy grin

Last order from the Pope was - 'Go forth and multiply my children'

Yes well tell THAT to the Army. blush whistle Like that's going to happen.

Mums fallen asleep, Mikey is sound asleep and I have to start at 5.am - 3.5 hours away - in the ED. I'm going back to bed sleep sleep sleep
My feet are hurting just thinking of that frown tired

Mrs vdK

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
In case you need a dose of the Pope, you could get one of......... these!!!

Oh, and when he appeared in New York City, they ran this ad on television a couple of times and then pulled it..... New York City Papal Mass Ad

T
T
The Clam is home from visiting MT. He's got glowing red eyes and is on his way to bed. I just came from visiting the gastroenterolgist in a peculiarly intimate fashion. I'm gonna have to wear a bag over my head next Sabbath as a disguise. He was very cute to the grandkids who had been forced to tag along, and showed them all the scopes...all 792 MILES of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad "And just what are you planning to do with all that tubing, Carlos, my dear sir?"" "Let's have prayer, Susan, and then you don't have worry about the tubing because YOU'LL BE ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!" Apparently, not quite as much as he'd hoped, since he told Tina, "She kept saying, 'Take it out, take it out.'" So I'm going to be in bed by 9:30. Two days without food and I was hungry until it was over and I could eat.

C
C
Just think of the close up photos!

T
T
He gave me photos!! blush And I thought LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSES worked with an unattractive body part!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who-eeeeeeeeeeeeeee. God sure knew what he was doing when He put our innards on the inside...

T
T
poped out

Very clever play on words, Mrs. VdK. I'm guessing that under my own circumstances then, I could safely say that I was "pooped". The doctor did compliment me on how "cleaned out" I was. I should say SO! Those salts go through you like, well, like salts. Honestly, the things medical people give you compliments about... crazy

C
C
two days w/ out food so they can stick pipes up you.....now, who thought of that idea?

I think my doc wants me to schedule a tube job....not looking forward to it.....hmm, if I don't have anyone to chauffeur me home, can I continue to put it off?

T
T
I tried to tell them I would drive myself home and didn't get anywhere. And after 8mg of Versed, 150mg of Demerol, and 25mg of Benadryl (apparently so I would shut up), I can't say driving would've been a good idea. Not only that they blow you full of air so they can see better, so your driver ought to be someone you're close to, who really likes you for YOU. I was scoped from both ends, which essentially turned me into a double-barreled shotgun. Fortunately, our family finds flatulence amusing, or it would've been a long, sad ride for Neaksis, my dad, and the two kids. It helps that my dad is pretty deaf. And did I mention his sense of smell is not too good either? No, you can't drive yourself, Cinderella. As rock-headed as I am, even I can see that my original idea was a bad one. On the plus side, you won't remember a thing about it. sleep sleep sleep I thought my dad couldn't remember his scopings and dilatings because he's 93 and getting senile... Turns out that wasn't it.

A
A
C umm dont drive yourself. My mom recently had hers and well she was so out of it. I had to work so DH took her to and from. They got her all med up and checked her in *literally* and told her to reschedule it wasnt a clear enough day ...

So she left feeling pretty good with the meds but wow to do it again in a few weeks... Not good. I guess I get to endure this trip this time...

*hope you do not mind me joining in*

Last edited by A_pretty_face; 07/22/08 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
T
T
You're certainly welcome to join in with us. It's just friendly chat, although I'm not sure the story of my colonoscopy was necessarily the introduction that I'd have chosen to make your acquaintance. Oh, well... blush

Your mom needs to have 2 doses of phospho-soda (the Safeway brand works just fine), approximately 24 hrs. apart. I got to have a meal Sunday morning early, then nothing but clear liquids the rest of the day, and nothing by mouth after 7AM the next morning for a procedure that was scheduled at 3:20 in the afternoon. I have never BEEN so clean. crazy I was also starving, until they filled me up with air and took away my appetite. But today has been nice... laugh

A
A
LoL I been reading and lurking so to say smile

I will give her the info you shared !!!

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
C
C
So, how does this relate to feminine hygiene products? Tubes up your innards sounds like something that should be a punishment for which we would be richly compensated. Not something we pay someone to do to us.

A
A
I'm determined to only ever have CT or MR scans, I figure they will be extremely advanced in the near future. cool especially in a teaching hospital with all the new mod cons -

The they'd only have to drug me if they find things to do. Luckily not my area of practice grin

oh yeah and great news today!! we are getting a new children's hospital, research centres , clinics, the whole thing!!

Parenting is exhausting. I've changed my mind, it can wait until I'm older. Picked Mikey up for mum at 2.30 & it's 6.17 now and he's run me ragged. I mean it's like being sucked dry crazy in a loving little brother way of course blush laugh

and my feet are killing me, 15 hours in ED 5 traffic accidents, 22 overdoses and countless lazy sods with a cold thinking they have the flu, if they did they'd know all about it. Hey take a panodol and go to bed. not a very understanding bedside manner after so many hours in the pit.

THANK GOD mums home, look whos home Mikey!!!!

Page 27 of 100 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation