Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 33 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 32 33
N
N
Originally Posted by medc
And while I do not begin to understand the logic Mark mentioned earlier (about respecting a recovered adulterer MORE than someone that never strayed...he used a more broad stroke covering many moral issues)

MEDC,

I think what Mark was saying was that he respected WS that do change, but not that he respected them more than the BS.

not2fun

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
Originally Posted by medc
Much can be learned for sure from the likes of TST and Mrs. W's on this board.

And why not from me? MEDC, I am an FWW, I'm so much an FWW I don't even think of myself as one. I'm just me.

MEDC never said you were not helpful.

Unlike what you posted to me.

Feels uncomfortable in someone elses shoes, huh?

I apologise IAM. I was reacting to what you said about JL when I made that remark. No I don't feel uncomfortable. I've been through the mill here and back again - I've a much tougher hide than I used to have.

M
M
I just wanted to clear up why you seem to be on my case.

not in the least....in fact I think it is the opposite.

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
LOL, you're probably right.

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
FF, your post warmed my heart. You know I was one of those that didn't think your M had a chance - I'm just so thrilled to read of how good things are for you now.

F
F
You know I was one of those that didn't think your M had a chance - I'm just so thrilled to read of how good things are for you now.
I know, Jen. I remember you weren't too fond of my FWH. Understandable considering how horrible his behavior was.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
He certainly didn't get it for a loooooong time. I really am just so pleased for you both.

F
F
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
He certainly didn't get it for a loooooong time. I really am just so pleased for you both.
Thank you. It took him a long time to hit rock bottom. I can almost tell you the exact date he did but it was a month after that he ended it with her for good. OC kept the A going much longer than it should have.

I am pleased you and Rob are doing so well.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
B
B
Originally Posted by jayne241
Originally Posted by JosieJones
And I will never understand how in the Bible it states that God loves the lost sheep more than the rest of His sheep. Why? I don't really want an answer to that, just stating one of the things that never really rang true for me. Amazing Grace used to be one of my favorite hymms, but now I think it is over romanticized when someone turns from being lost and finally finds their way home. It is far better in my opinion to never have been lost in the first place.

I've also struggled with understanding the reasoning of the Prodigal Son Parable. I want to share my current thoughts.

Disclaimer: I don't tell God what to think and I don't claim to know everything He thinks. laugh These are my own thoughts only and are not intended to represent theology.

As a mother of twins, I've occasionally been asked if I find myself loving one more than the other. My answer: "I love more whichever one needs me the most at that moment."

That doesn't mean that, integrated over all time, I LOVE (generally care for and want the best for) one more than the other. But at any given moment, I may love (actively act to care for) one more than the other, if one needs me more in that instance.

I'm not disagreeing with ayne here but I wanted to pick up on this point Josie Jones made.

Josie: That is flawed. Nowhere in Scripture does it say God loves lost sheep more than the found ones. You struggle with it because it isn't true.

God's whole purpose is to seek and save the lost. He pursues the lost. He goes out looking for the lost sheep gone astray - but that does not mean he loves the lost sheep more.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Originally Posted by rprynne
I marvel at these threads. Why do we put so much responsiblity on the those that respond as opposed to those that ask? There is no doubt in my mind that those that truly want help will find it here regardless of the stlye or technique used. The ones that "run off" weren't looking for help.

Agree 100% rprynne. I don't know why we never seem to GET THAT. We have no control over others. If someone is so easily "run off" then they have bigger problems than some unpleasant words on a anonymous internet board. Good grief. If every person here was "run off" because someone said something unpleasant to them, then this board would have been empty a long time ago. Heck, I left in a huff one time because MORTARMAN hurt my feelings. Wouldn't it be silly to say that he "ran me off?" Honestly. Lets be adults here.

People who really want help couldn't be "run off" by wild horses. Some folks need to get some back bone and stop with the whining and start taking responsibility for their own choices.

As far as hu7668, he is angry because no one here will support his lying and cruelty to his wife. Most notably, he has been on some "other board" for several months and they are supposedly very NICE to him.

We can all see the result.

I wear his scorn like a badge of honor and am PROUD that he loathes this board. We should be worried if someone as fogged out and deceitful as this feels comfortable here. Thank God his bullcrap is not accepted or tolerated here.

These conversations about "running" people off never get anywhere and never achieve anything but hard feelings on the board. That is because no one here has any control over others [unless you are a mod] and because other posters will always post in the way that suits them. That will never change, despite all the hand wringing in the world. Never has, never will.

As they say in AA, ya can't control people, places or things, ya can't control people, places or things, ya can't control people, places or things, ya can't control people, places or things..... We have no control over other posters and we have no control over who leaves.....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
People who really want help couldn't be "run off" by wild horses.

I swear, I don't do it on purpose.

laugh

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

laugh

laugh laugh

M
M

laugh

grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

laugh

now see, look at her cute face! Could she run anyone off?? laugh

Exposure 101

W
W
Damn! That's my mean face! You mean it's not intimidating?

I'll have to work on that.

T
T
I have read this thread where BS's hate all WS's. And, justify their postion to act WS when they post. Does that mean they will never forgive their own WS?

These other WS's never did anything to them.

Matter of fact a lot of posters on this thread, whether WS or BS, are just as foggy if not foggier as the new posters that come here. Why do I say that? The Justifing why it is ok to go over the top with a brand new poster.

It's one thing to be blunt, maybe use a 2x4. But to go for the juggler right from the starting gate?

Remember what this site has is not for everyone. Members all have their biasis'. But if we blugeon a new WS here and scare them away. How does this help that new WS's BS getting helped. For every WS that is helped we are helping a BS. For every WS that is scared away a BH is left with a WS continuing their affair and destroying a marriage and family.

M
M
TheRoad, again, no one here has the power "run off" anyone except the mods. Someone who wants help here will stay and get it. If folks are that easily "run off" then the problem lies with them. They need to get some backbone. We shouldn't be encouraging people to be spineless cowards who run at a harsh word. We are not teenage girls here, good grief.

I have read this thread where BS's hate all WS's. And, justify their postion to act WS when they post. Does that mean they will never forgive their own WS?

These other WS's never did anything to them.

Are you surprised to hear that a rape victim hates the rapist? I find your objection very odd. crazy I don't have to be personally RAPED to feel hatred for a rapist or a child molestor, do you?

if we blugeon a new WS here and scare them away. How does this help that new WS's BS getting helped

But you can only control YOURSELF. Again, it makes no difference what you think of how others post.

Exposure 101

T
T
apples to oranges

confusing the power of a mod with scaring/discouraging someone from continuing here at MB

they are weak that's why they had an affair.

M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad
apples to oranges

confusing the power of a mod with scaring/discouraging someone from continuing here at MB

they are weak that's why they had an affair.

Again, you have no control over other posters. You can only control yourself. That is a true fact, it has nothing to do with "apples to oranges."

Why are you wringing your hands over something which you have NO CONTROL? you have no control, you have no control...

Exposure 101

These conversations about "running" people off never get anywhere and never achieve anything but hard feelings on the board.

Agree.

That is because no one here has any control over others [unless you are a mod] and because other posters will always post in the way that suits them.

Disagree.

What's control (or not) over what people say have anything 2 do with the simple fact that people disagree on heated topics?

And why do you believe that mods have control over others here? Why should they? Why would they want that?

As non-professional volunteers, sort of an unpaid editorial staff, their purpose should be primarily 2 keep the peace. But maybe that's what you mean by control.

-ol' 2long

Last edited by 2long; 07/24/08 06:03 PM.
Page 8 of 33 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation