Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 100 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 99 100
D
D
Fortunately, our family finds flatulence amusing

No wonder I adore you so much!

We have the SAME FAMILY!

Hey, Mrs. VandK!

If you want MORE practice, I've got a 4 and 5 year old I could loan you!

I say loan because I'd miss the tar outta them...but they'd LOVE YOU TO DEATH!

I mean that. They love fiercly...everything about them is vehement...including their hugs and kisses.

They are wonderful. I could have 10 more just like them and die a happy momma.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
So, are you working on it? The 10 more.

I think I'm glad that I am through with diapers and potty training. Most days I'm glad.

T
T
it wasnt a clear enough day ...

All these years, and I never really understood that song before: "On a clear day, on a clear day, you can see forever, and ever more." grin

A
A
I love the no diaper days. I wish I was a stay at home mom *wait did I say that??* I loved being home with the kids when I was. I hate having half days and them in daycare while I work till 10pm or so at night.

Ethan starts kinder this yr frown And Bethanee is becoming more adventerous...ack

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
D
D
So, are you working on it? The 10 more.

Are

you

high????

If God makes it to where it rains babies, then yeah, sign me up.

If the way we get 'em involves an LDR room, I'd rather have my gums scraped daily for the rest of my life.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Hello everyone...
T&L...sorry you are going through all these tests! Yuk! There must be a reason for them, but I am hoping all is well!

I spent last tuesday through saturday helping at my friends house. She was not doing well and had to leave a day earlier than planned. All of the house was packed and the yard sale done, and her kids took off sunday morning with it. All through the week I kept noticing similarities betweeen my MIL and this friend. Same diseases, temperaments, personalities, dishes and so much more. Even the same perfume. I told my H that the symptoms for this pancreatic cancer were eerily similar to what MIL is going through right now.

Yesterday I called MIL and got FIL instead. He had just returned from taking MIL to the hospital. (He had just returned from a trip to Alaska, walked in the door and said "it's hospital time isn't it?"). Off they went. I called her this morning and she told me they did a lot of x-rays and a cat scan on her stomach and asked her if cancer runs in the family. My heart sank. I am waiting to hear. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Maybe that is why I went through that with my friend last week. Saying good bye as she left and I saw her alive for the last time. (That sucks!). Right in the middle of the yard sale that I was in charge of. Anyway, waiting and wondering. MIL says she doesn't think it is cancer. Her stomach problems that have escalated a lot lately, and the increased back pain are exactly what my friend had right before they checked her for cancer.

Just waiting and wondering.

C
C
(((MAL)))

(((T&L)))

Makes the 6 steroid injections in my neck today seem like a walk in the park.

M
M
Makes the 6 steroid injections in my neck today seem like a walk in the park.

I DON'T THINK SO! Criminy girl, that sounds awful! Oh my gosh, I have heard those shots can be painful in the joints, but what about yours? And most of all, did it/will it help?

(((((Cinderella))))

P.S. I haven't heard yet on MIL tests...they still hadn't read the CT Scan crazy Not sure what the hurry is?? Come on already. Oh well. Maybe it is nothing anyway.

C
C
Actually they inserted the 6 needles between C4 and C7 - one on each side at each cervical joint....then they shoot in the lidocaine then they inject the steroid cocktail. Yeah, I do feel a little better already.

I have 2 herniated disks and some pretty heavy duty arthritis in there and I do not want the neurosurgeon to get ahold of me yet....don't want my longish pretty good middle aged neck scarred up.

A
A
(((Cinderella))))

get a warm pack on your neck today! Im sure its hurting.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
M
M
Cinderella...did you see that Randy Pausch died last night? frown
It is on foxnews.com.

Such a terrible thing, this cancer stuff.

I haven't heard anything yet from MIL. I called her yesterday and they still hadn't told her what they found, but she thought if it was anything important they would have already been there. Not sure if that is true. Maybe. I know she said the hospital was packed when she arrived, making her wait many hours for a room and at one time they were going to transfer her to another hosp. due to space limitations. I guess she was pretty bad when she got there. No blood pressure etc. etc. She doesn't remember much of it.

T
T
My experience with hospitals leads me to believe that if you were in one and can't recall much about it, you're not missing much, and didn't have any fun worth remembering!

D
D
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
My experience with hospitals leads me to believe that if you were in one and can't recall much about it, you're not missing much, and didn't have any fun worth remembering!

I know this is hard to believe, but the hospital I had DS and DD in makes the best fried chicken...EVER!

(even better than mom's...shhhh!)

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
I was very sorry to hear about Randy Pausch's death. I know he has touched many people. Really, you need to read his book.

A
A
I wanna work in Kimber's hospital ...... even the staff cafe here has 'healthy' food. ANYONE WOULD THINK WE ARE PATIENTS!! crazy

I want comfort food. grin

meat pies, chips with gravy, KFC, Jacks - I think that's burger king for you guys, Mac's, chinese, mex, now I'm drooling. Loads of sour cream. yummy

My boss says I'm loosing far too much weight, well I wouldn't if they had REAL food would I. You come home at 2.00am and eat' healthy' you just about puke.
Pizza, 4 sugars in my Latte and Gelati after. Just like going to a night club! That's food.

Now I'll have to go get some food, hungry now. laugh

Just don't tell on me to mum cool

Mrs vdK smirk

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
and just WHY would they want you to enjoy tasty food? It might not be good for you. Of course, depression is not good for you and bad food can lead to depression, can't it.

Tell them chocolate comes from beans.....therefore, it is good for you. Milk chocolate has calcium and is healthier than potato chips.

A
A
Those are good points ... I wish they used more flavor in hospital food too

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
D
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
and just WHY would they want you to enjoy tasty food? It might not be good for you. Of course, depression is not good for you and bad food can lead to depression, can't it.

Tell them chocolate comes from beans.....therefore, it is good for you. Milk chocolate has calcium and is healthier than potato chips.

Yes, but chocolate covered potato chips are TO DIE FOR!

APF, hello dearling.

We are neighbors doncha know.

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Originally Posted by aussieswife
I wanna work in Kimber's hospital ...... even the staff cafe here has 'healthy' food. ANYONE WOULD THINK WE ARE PATIENTS!! crazy

I want comfort food. grin

meat pies, chips with gravy, KFC, Jacks - I think that's burger king for you guys, Mac's, chinese, mex, now I'm drooling. Loads of sour cream. yummy

My boss says I'm loosing far too much weight, well I wouldn't if they had REAL food would I. You come home at 2.00am and eat' healthy' you just about puke.
Pizza, 4 sugars in my Latte and Gelati after. Just like going to a night club! That's food.

Now I'll have to go get some food, hungry now. laugh

Just don't tell on me to mum cool

Mrs vdK smirk

You come here, Mrs. VDK, and I'll make certain you eat well.

You and the Mr. will always be welcome in so'Texas....so long as you stow your mum, Mikey and dad in your cases.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Hey, if I come to Texas, will you feed me, too?

Page 28 of 100 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation