Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33
M
M
Originally Posted by JosieJones
I don't think we need to worry about any MB members being anti-adultry hypocrites. More like anti-adultry vigilantes. We're practically army worthy. grin

**snort** grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, I am.

Sometimes I have a look at the wayward board. Did you know that FWS's are as unwelcome there as BS's? I think that says something very interesting. I've even been tempted to sign in and start spouting forth on their choices and giving out 2x4s but I know the response I'd get. I've thought maybe as an FWW, I'd be listened to, but I know I wouldn't. I'd be called a troll and told to leave.

That was an aside, nothing to do with the topic really.

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
LOL, Weave, ain't that the truth.

M
M
No I don't think that's hypocrasy.

(My 16 year old thinks that's what hypocrasy means though - that anybody who's ever done anything can't ever change their mind and be against it later - have to work on that with her LOL)

For me it's much more than just being against adultery too.
I've been called a prude a time or two LOL.
The older I think I see the big picture more, how many little 'acceptable' things are committed first leading up to adultery. And even if the adultery itself is resisted, those little things by themselves are like mini betrayals.

I could never again be married to a man who flirts with OW, goes out to lunch with female co-workers, obviously checks out OW in public... I'll never put up with that again. There are guys who don't see much wrong with that, guys who maybe have never committed adultery before and maybe never will. But they're not good enough either IMHO.

W
W
Main Entry: way·ward
Pronunciation: \ˈwā-wərd\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, short for awayward turned away, from away, adverb + -ward
Date: 14th century
1 : following one's own capricious, wanton, or depraved inclinations : ungovernable <a wayward child>
2 : following no clear principle or law : unpredictable
3 : opposite to what is desired or expected : untoward <wayward fate>

: following no clear principle or law : unpredictable

A wayward is different than an alcoholic in this respect. I know because my dad was an alcohlic, but a very principled man.

An alcoholic must always label himself an alcoholic, because drinking or not he always is.

A wayward is only wayward until the time he stops being wayward.

One is a genetic disease occuring at the cellular level, and the other is a lack of principles.

Even though the alcohlic may have experienced a slackening of his principles during the time he was drinking, he may still have been very principled, the same could not be true of a wayward. Not all alcoholics experience a slackening of their priciples though, even while drinking.

Am I right?

Oh, it just occured to me that a wayward is different than a smoker in this respect, too. I used to liken the addiction of affairs to the addicitons of smoking, but it is so much more.

Last edited by JosieJones; 07/28/08 08:13 PM.
M
M
"I don't think we need to worry about any MB members being anti-adultry hypocrites. More like anti-adultry vigilantes. We're practically army worthy."

LOL

I'll enlist!

What do our costumes (oops) UNIFORMS look like?

(MY daughters are always catching me saying 'costumes' when it's 'uniforms', as in: "I like the costumes that team is wearing"... "Mom we keep telling you footbal players don't wear costumes"... too much sk8ing and dancing LOL)

M
M
Well, I just think you people are judgmental and intolerant! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
There are guys who don't see much wrong with that, guys who maybe have never committed adultery before and maybe never will. But they're not good enough either IMHO.

Mere,

There are a lot of good guys out there. Trust me, there are. Probably only 25% of the single men out there are like your ex.

We need some stats here. Do we have any staticians in the house. Mere needs some good news.

W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Well, I just think you people are judgmental and intolerant! laugh

Yes, you taught us well!

grin

No, just kidding.

Hey, I went to the Alamo when I was in San Antonio, and didn't I think of you. Heck, I half expected to run into you there.

M
M
Yes, you taught us well!

GUILTY!

grin

Hey, I went to the Alamo when I was in San Antonio, and didn't I think of you. Heck, I half expected to run into you there.

Good Lord, I bet they were snickering at that silly yankee accent! laugh

Exposure 101

W
W
Good Lord, I bet they were snickering at that silly yankee accent!

Oh my gosh. I did read some quote I kept thinking of while there that made me look behind me more than once.

It went something like this -

"And there were these strange creatures called Texans, and there were the Coloreds, and there were the Cajen's, and there were the Cherokees and the Chocta's, and we were all lined up together as one, aiming to shoot us some yankee's"

Forgive my spelling, I don't know how to spell Cagen, or Chocta for that matter.

Last edited by JosieJones; 07/28/08 08:28 PM.
M
M
I believe its Cajun and CHOCTAW. One of my X-husbands was part Choctaw, I recollect.

Soooo, were those Texans neighborly to ya??

Exposure 101

W
W
Soooo, were those Texans neighborly to ya??

Oh yes. My SIL is Texan through and through, and she has got to be the sweetest person that ever walked the face of the earth.

Next to you, of course.

grin grin grin

Oh mercury to deltroid, I'm cracking myself up with that one.

M
M
Oh yes. My SIL is Texan through and through, and she has got to be the sweetest person that ever walked the face of the earth.

Next to you, of course.

grin grin grin

Oh mercury to deltroid, I'm cracking myself up with that one.

Yep, I am a hard act to follow, for sure! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodytheModest
Yep, I am a hard act to follow, for sure!

BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! grin grin grin

I have a bad cold...That made me laugh so hard that I think my nose may have unplugged!!! Thanks!!!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
smile <-----is this not the sweetest face ya ever saw??---> smile

Exposure 101

K
KiwiJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
This is how I see you ----------> grin (teef)

M
M
how bout these teef??----------------> :eek:

laugh

Exposure 101

R
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
smile <-----is this not the sweetest face ya ever saw??---> smile

Looks like Kermit the fricken frog to me.

Last edited by Resilient; 07/28/08 10:25 PM. Reason: Because I'm cranky
M
M
SAYS ME!!! Beyond that, it logical and reasonable to believe that carrying such a stigma might impair recovery.

Mr. G...YOU see it as a stigma...not everyone does. When you say "says me" you are defining for others that they cannot forgive and only live in the past if the consider themselves or their spouse to be a FWS. Obviously based on others posters comments, your take on this cannot be correct...because some have achieved that lofty goal and have found no offense in the label. It is not a punishment to them.

To ask, “how is that person harmed” actually makes my blood run cold.

Hopefully it does not make your blood run cold for FWS here to not find shame in the label FWS.

A person that committed the act of adultery in their past is a FORMER wayward spouse. I suggest that you are assigning some horrible meaning to that label that really does not exist.

you in fact will never view them as having equal footing with you.

you say "in fact" as though your opinion is "fact." It isn't. YOU might assign that meaning to someone that you label as a FWS....I do not. There are fws on this board and elsewhere that I am proud to call friend and even look up to in some ways.

Sorry, but you are not correct.

Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation