Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
My thoughts are, it is our place to judge regardless of what religious background we come from. Or else we prescribe to the standard that there are no standards.

HRUH?

I thought it was God's place to judge, not ours.

Charlotte

No, we are called to judge, we are not to CONDEMN Charlotte...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

H
H
Originally Posted by TrustDoe
tst, how is it going?

Pretty good BA, how about you?

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
N
N
God judges eternal destinies.

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished...

We judge actions and teachings.

Matthew 7:15-21
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
Rightio Neak! Glad you chimed in! smile

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Not everyone believes in God. They are not subject to His rules here on Earth unless they choose to be(although Christian's believe they will be subject to His judgement). I am not subject to the laws of Allah even though Muslims believe him to be God (and their beliefs and faith are every bit as strong as a Christian's).

The Bible is pretty clear that we should judge other Christian's and that it is for God to judge non-Christian's.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (KJV)

12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Last edited by medc; 08/01/08 03:54 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by medc
I have zero doubt as to the type of wife you are today.

Interesting. So if MrsW (sorry MrsW) had another affair in the future (I know she won't but humour me) that would retrospectively change who she is today?

My wife changed her belief system that she had adhered to for over 23 years of marriage to accommodate her affair.

She was a horrible wife during her affair but not before or after.

12 months of an affair does not re-write 23 years of marriage or character.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
me too...but I don't think premarital sex is one of them.

murder
rape
stealing

those are some absolutes imho.

They are your absolutes MEDC - not God's.

Tell me MEDC, in addition to adultery, what other sins does the BIBLE list as equally serious? Leave behing your religious beliefs taught by your church, all sin is mortal - but what sins does the bible list as precluding entry to the kingdom of God? You might be surprised.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
actually any sin, unrepented from denies one entry into heaven. I'm not sure what that has to do with the discussion...but there's the answer from a Christian perspective. As for others and their God/heaven...I couldn't say.

Just because all unrepented sins deny access to heaven does not mean all sin is equal.

and BK, I hope you noted the word "some" in my post.

Also of note...once again, it doesn't matter to some what the Bible says. There was a point in my life when I didn't give a rats behind about Christianity. I was not bound by their laws or rules.

Last edited by medc; 08/01/08 06:46 PM.
M
M
Interesting. So if MrsW (sorry MrsW) had another affair in the future (I know she won't but humour me) that would retrospectively change who she is today?

that would mean my perception of her today was incorrect.

She was a horrible wife during her affair but not before or after.

see, this makes NO sense to me. How can one be a good wife one second and then the next...not. I am talking about the very moment that an affair starts something has to be absent in a person to do that...a moral disconnect that allows the first step into affair land.

M
M
12 months of an affair does not re-write 23 years of marriage or character.

and years of character do not erase an affair.

BK, I am not trying to change your mind and I know my thoughts on this subject are well thought out as well. I imagine that we will need to agree to disagree.

Last edited by medc; 08/01/08 07:34 PM.
K
K
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
me too...but I don't think premarital sex is one of them.

murder
rape
stealing

those are some absolutes imho.

They are your absolutes MEDC - not God's.

Tell me MEDC, in addition to adultery, what other sins does the BIBLE list as equally serious? Leave behing your religious beliefs taught by your church, all sin is mortal - but what sins does the bible list as precluding entry to the kingdom of God? You might be surprised.

This was the point I was trying to make also. It matters not one whit whether or not you or I BELIEVE in God's absolutes; they are still absolute.

MEDC, here's an example of why I can't go along with your reasoning. I believe that abortion is evil; by reading some of your posts in the past, I thought you believed that as well.

However, here in the USA, abortion is perfectly legal according to the laws of the land. Do you believe that it's acceptable for a non Christian to get an abortion, and you have no problem with that, and still consider them a good person, as long as they believe the abortion is ok??

M
M
not at all...since objectively...not based on one's religious beliefs, abortion terminates an innocent human life(DNA unique from parent...it is a human life at it's earliest stage).

BTW...I was against abortion long before I was a Christian.

Last edited by medc; 08/01/08 07:58 PM.
M
M
This was the point I was trying to make also. It matters not one whit whether or not you or I BELIEVE in God's absolutes; they are still absolute.

A Muslim could say the same thing to you....it doesn't make it true just to say it.

K
K
It sounds to me as if you're saying some things, although legal, you consider wrong for all people, while other things that many people consider immoral, you DON'T think are immoral, as long as the people involved don't. In other words, you get to choose standards for other people, based on your beliefs. You get to choose whether to give someone a pass or not, regardless of God's word, based on YOUR absolutes.

That's what it sounds as if you're saying. I think that's a slippery slope. I'm more than a little surprised .

It's been an interesting discussion and I've enjoyed and learned.

Good night everyone. Have a blessed weekend!

M
M
although legal, you consider wrong for all people

legal often times has nothing to do with moral.

I am deciding only for me.

M
M
Did God put anywhere in the Bible that a person that commits adultrery is a wonderful wife/husband prior to the act? Because THAT is what this discussion was about.

L
L
I believe the thread was originally set up to say that newly arrived WS dont always need to be hit around the head smile

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M

A Muslim could say the same thing to you....it doesn't make it true just to say it.

KIR...I am interested in your thoughts on this.

You tell me I am pushing my beliefs about absolutes on others...and this statement seems to do exactly that.

M
M
I believe you are right. Since the discussion(5 pages now) has been about exactly what I stated...I stand by my remark. If I wanted to say WHY the thread was started I would have said that.

Last edited by medc; 08/01/08 08:38 PM.
K
K
OK, I was thinking, and had a question, so I logged back in and found this!
It is hard to stay away from good discussion! laugh

First, let me make sure I understand your position. Are you saying you DO judge all abortion as wrong for all people, or that you don't?

See, I do, because as a Christian, I think God made it very clear. I also think He made it clear that adultery and fornication is always wrong.

I understood you to say you agree about abortion, but not about fornication. Maybe I was wrong in my interpretation of your remarks. (I may be stating this in a confusing manner!)

Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 614 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation