Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Did you use Plan A and/or Plan B in your recovery? How did it help or what else did you do? If you could provide a link to your story, that would be very helpful.

Thank you for coming back to MB after all these years. I have been here only a year and a half but I was hoping you might be willing to share your recovery journey on the Success Story thread attached to my sig line.

Thank you for your time,

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
L
L
I used a lot of things in my recovery, including some coaching with Steve H. My situation involved a lot of things that are not typically part of the infidelity mess....including an OW who was dangerous in ways that I've never read in other people's situations. Although I am a lot freer with giving out personal information today, I am still very cautious on public boards.

Btw, I'm not actually "back after all these years" Ace. I have read this board on and off since before I registered in 2001 but I don't usually post. When I registered, I had already read all the info pages several times but I had never used a message board before (I had very little experience at all on the internet) and had a lot of trouble figuring it out so I ended up mostly reading. I even read much of the archives where I found most of my questions answered to others who had already gone through it.

Thank you for an invitation to post on your Success Story thread, but I must decline. One, I have a confidentiality agreement with my kids about posting anything that concerns them and their lives. Two, the marriage didn't survive....my divorce was final recently.

I'm back again to measure a few things in my personal recovery along with checking out something that I was stunned to hear IRL. I might join the Dating board when it's time but that won't be for quite a while, I'm sure.

Take care Ace smile

_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Thanks for your reply, LvB,

Many who have recovered and posted their sitches on the Success Stories thread are now single....and they shared about personal recovery involving their thoughts and dreams that helped them overcome their marital demise.

Thanks for your reply and if you reconsider, the link is in my sig line. I'd be interested in how you've recovered personally, and I understand your privacy concerns but if you're willing to email me that would be great...if not, that's OK. smile

I appreciate your input either way.

Thanks,
Ace

_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Hi LovingBoundaries,

I totally understand and respect your privacy issues reguarding your family.

I also saw that you posted to Chailover and I wanted to comment but didn't want to TJ her thread on GQII.

Believer is a very helpful poster who often shares about how her M was not saved but she has recovered personally. Chai looks to her for inspiration and now she's looking to posters like you. My H lied about his serious medical condition (related to the job-loss stress) and chose an A to deal with it, which only made it worse. But our sitch is different because we didn't find MB until after D-Day #3.

It's interesting that you had a Plan B date set when your H was diagnosed and asked for you to stay. I'm not sure that I could have done that...in fact, I didn't even visit my H the previous year when he was hospitalized for another serious situation....I checked to make sure the life insurance was paid up and effective. Thanks to our wake-up call (and MB concepts) we're doing much better today.

Hope things work out for you in your personal recovery, LvB. And like Believer, I hope you post about it like you're doing with Chai.

Thanks,
Ace

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,121 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation