Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2105372 08/06/08 07:11 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Many of us are braving the new world of dating for the first time in years. Recently, I dated a woman who on the surface seems very, very nice. She is attractive, intelligent, very warm, generous, etc. But..... Whenever things are going well she has to toss a bomb. For example, we are at a baseball game enjoying ourselves. A very sexy scantily clad woman walks down the aisle near us. She says something to the effect that she can tell my pulse is racing and that I want her. ???? I point out that I did nothing wrong, not even turning my head to follow her path. Nevertheless, I am guilty of wanting another woman. The rest of the game is spent in icy silence.

Another time, we are at the movie having just had dinner. I comment that I would rather take her out for coffee and dessert after the movie than pay their outrageous prices for popcorn and a softdrink. She starts about how cheap I am, how I lack a generous spirit, etc. ???? I feel awful and the rest of the evening is tense.

Anybody else have experiences with bomb throwers? How did you handle it?

S
S
You have fun with this person? I'm gonna go with "not a very good catch".

Seabird #2105467 08/06/08 09:53 PM
C
C
Keep moving. Don't spend a lot of time or money on that woman. There have to be some others, some better ones. And, if there aren't, that's ok. That kind of attitude in a companion is not very companionable.

Yup, throw this fish back in the lake.

A
A
RED FLAG ALERT!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
A
A
Originally Posted by auto009988
Anybody else have experiences with bomb throwers? How did you handle it?

What you are describing are psycho drama queens. Women who create drama where there is no need for it. If it were me, I'd be long long gone after seeing such behavior, as it does not bode well for the future.

AGG

B
B
Originally Posted by auto009988
I comment that I would rather take her out for coffee and dessert after the movie than pay their outrageous prices for popcorn and a softdrink. She starts about how cheap I am, how I lack a generous spirit, etc.
This doesn't seem like 'throwing a bomb,' it just seems like she's criticizing you. Personally, I don't like to spend time with people who criticize me, much less take them out on dates. And I'm confused as to why you described her as "very warm, generous"

BH (Me): 33, XWW: 33
Married 1999, No kids
EA: 11/04?-10/07, PA: 05/07
D-Day: 06/07
Divorced: 04/09
Affair is over for OP but not for WS
WW wants to move away w/o me
WW moved away w/o me
BHHFSGuy #2105853 08/07/08 12:33 PM
G
G
I agree with B. At best, maybe she wanted popcorn, and wasn't into desserts. But even if that was the case, her response was destructive and RUDE!

As for the scantily clad woman at the baseball game, that was a set up. Probably, she's insecure and wanted you to assure her she was super sexy and you'd never look. With my fiance, now that we've been dating 2+ years, I may say something like "Hard to miss that." After women notice good looking women, and we especially notice good looking women who are on the prowl.

I do point at women who I find beautiful. Some women are just stunning, and since I enjoy all kinds of beauty, I tend to point out beautiful women the way I point out a beautiful sunset.

I'm thinking I'd toss this one back. She's too immuature to keep.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
N
N
With the girl at the ball game she is testing you. That is something that most all women do to us man all the time.

As far as the movie. It seems as if she is getting bored with you, as in you are no longer a challenge for her.

"HAVE A GOOD DAY" or do you have something else planned!!!

Married: 15 years
Divorced: 07/07
M: 36 yrs
W: 35 yrs
S: 5 yrs
W
W
I went out with an absolutely amazing woman last year, and on the second date I saw in my future your past... there was not a third.

BTW... Love the sig line, Cinderella... wink

Last edited by Who_Dat; 08/07/08 02:10 PM.

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
Who_Dat #2106155 08/07/08 07:51 PM
G
G
Originally Posted by Who_Dat
I went out with an absolutely amazing woman last year, and on the second date I saw in my future your past... there was not a third.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand this post. Can someone explain it to me like a two year old. Thank you

grindnfool
M-13 years
D-Day 10/26/06
Divorced 11.2007
DS-16, DD-9
Who_Dat #2106169 08/07/08 08:40 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Who_Dat

Thank you, very much.

Grind, what he means is that he decided to ditch a woman who did not seem to present a pleasing prospect for the future. Went out with her twice but not a third time.

I am NOT that woman.

He does, however, appreciate the wit and insight in my sig line....the stuff that repeats at the bottom of all my posts. A paraphrase from a line in a "Legally Blonde" movie and a quote from a friend.

A
OP Offline
A
My comment about this woman being warm and generous is quite true. She can be very warm and generous most of the time, and then BANG!!! Out comes something to blow up when things are going well. I think maybe she is afraid of getting into a serious relationship so this is how she keeps men a safe distance away. It sure worked well on me!!

G
G
Could be, auto. Or it could be that the "bang" is how she usually behaves and the generous nature is only for dating. How many of us found out after a year or two with a person that they had some very unbecoming traits?

Even if it is just to keep men from getting close, I say toss her back into the ocean. She's not healthy enough for a relationship right now.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 434 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation