Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I have come to realize that I may have shared too much information here and am trying to figure out how to change things enough to safeguard without losing the continuity of my thread.

Someone suggested a username change as the one I have been using is the same as my email address and OW (and H for that matter) would know who I am if they came looking. But should I start a new thread and just link at the bottom for those who want to read the rest of the story?

My concern is that H is reading the thread...and that OW may look for it at some point. If I just change my username, the thread name stays the same and therefore H could track it and IF he is in contact with OW, she could track it too. Not sure what good it would do either of them to read, but I'd like to have it for ME alone.

Options:
1. Change username and keep old thread.
2. Change username and start a new thread.
3. Start new account with new username and thread.

What is the best choice?

BTW...my real username is something like "rural-community-mother"...

H
OP Offline
H
Ack! Now I can't go back to my original username because it thinks it's already in use. So I guess the question that is left is...

Do I start a new thread or keep my old one?

And if I keep my old thread, am I opening myself to discovery?

And since I can't change my username again, should I just start a new account altogether?

Hyla

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

I
I
If he already has read your threads, then won't he know from this one that you are changing your username?

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
S
S
If he already has read your threads, then won't he know from this one that you are changing your username?

Yes, that's right.

BTW, I just googled your last SN and the old thread still comes up... Maybe the mods can help you w/this?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
L
L
Hiya, Hyla (I just wanted to be the first to say that)...

When you change your username, your threads go with you...all your posts then show your new user name over the old one.

Since our search feature doesn't work any longer, I don't think they can find you under your old name.

You are on a public forum...so wanting to safeguard your posts really isn't possible for 100%. However, with your name change, probably would make it difficult to identify you...only you would know.

I know that so many of the adultery stories sound the same (least they do to me over the years) that if your OW were to really come here, I would think she'd be hardpressed to identify you...maybe by ages and children's ages?

Can you can go back throughout your posts and see if you used any real names of places, non-chain stores, parks, etc.?

I just wouldn't fear OW at this point...although you may be entering the anger-phase and latching onto making her your focal point (what I did)...I don't know.

I do think you can go back to your original username when you sign in...you can ask Justuss by email about that one. I think you can edit your posts, though, even under your new screen name.

LA

H
OP Offline
H
OK. Yes, if I stick with this new screen name my old thread shows up. Unfortunately, now I can't go back to hicktownmommy because it thinks it's already in use.

No worries...I am going to take precautions. I can't tell you the new name, but I know I'll get help from the forum under a new SN.

LA...I think you are RIGHT on TARGET with the anger phase. I thought I'd never get there and now I just feel it so strongly. H and I watched a movie last night about an internet killer and he remarked that people take the internet to non-challantly. I told him that the only conviction I'd get was if OW showed up dead...then they'd probably be able to frame me for it from my internet usage.

Thanks,

Hyla (HTM...it doesn't matter at this point)

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.

N
N
No wonder I couldn't find you.

Yes, I think a whole new identity is best. One with not too many specifics.

Do you have any concrete reason to fear that your WH or OW might be reading here? Or are you just concerned in general?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
OP Offline
H
Managed to change my name back to hicktownmommy1.

Well, there has been speculation that H and OW may be back in touch and that H may be reading here (as I have always encouraged him to do so and he says that he never has). If I need to snoop...I don't need to tip my hand to H.

Also, hicktownmommy is a name that I have used forever so it's very possible that OW could google it and find me.

I'm going to start a new username/thread...can't tell here, but I'm sure I'll get help.

HTM

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.

N
N
Maybe the mods would be able to remove this thread when that's done.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation