Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 100 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 99 100
M
M
Neak, that little man is a thinker! You have your hands full. That's not the kind of imagination I was thinking about when I said I like the rural life, kids using their imagination, playing all day, etc. I think he needs someone to play with!! But I can only imagine the adventures he could lead if he had followers!!

AW, I can't imagine what you go through, waiting for word. A young man (my son's friend) lived with us when he went to basic training, returned and then was deployed. It was awful, but not the same as with a relative. He made it back safely and wanted badly to return, but then along comes a girl...that talk has stopped.

Today was the funeral for my friend that had the pancreatic cancer. She only made it 3 weeks and 2 days after diagnosis. Ironically, my MIL (who I said earlier is soooo much like my friend in many ways) was to get out of the hospital today, after 2 weeks and 1 day. She had a hole in her heel operated on last week and they are treating it for MRSA as a precaution since she had it in that foot before. She is diabetic and has had foot surgeries before. The stomach scans show spots on the pancreas but no cancer. ?? I don't know what that means but I still don't like it. It stresses me out. I feel helpless.

I got home from the funeral and the first message on my machine was FIL and instead of going home, MIL went to ICU. She has congestive heart failure now. H and I went for a little ride and FIL called while we were gone and told son they have her stabilized but she is not getting better. Not sure what that means. cry I know one day she won't get better. She has been in the hospital 5 times this year. 8 last year. It's been a tough day. Emotionally spent.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but I needed to get this out. Thanks.

I really enjoyed all the silly laws you guys found!

A
A
M&L big hugs ((((((M&L))))))

yes some days are not much fun are they?

I am sorry to hear about your friend and your MIL's illness... I pray she will get better.

I also think that young man was lucky to have you to worry about him!! It doesn't matter if he or she is a relative.. its the caring that's important ... that they know someone back home just cares.

But I am happy to hear he's not that eager to go back now .... woman have that sort of effect laugh .... no matter how proud we are of our men we don't want them hurt or in harms way ...

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
{{{{{{{{{MAL}}}}}}}}}}} So sorry you have to worry. Let us know how she is, k?

Well I just had an experience that further illustrates how this is like a whole different world here.

The garbage men came about 0630 to empty all 3 cans. A few minutes later, I went out to clean out the car. The G-men happened to be driving by and saw me walking over to the trash can with a bag. They stopped, asked if I had just thrown some trash away, and proceeded to collect it so I could still start the week out fresh!

I'm going to be looking over my shoulder now every time I go out there, lololol. "Ma'am, did we just catch you throwing trash in your cans again?"

grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
((((((((((((MAL))))))))))))))))))

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Thanks for the hugs ladies!
We haven't heard anything yet this morning, and the last word before bed last night was that she was stabilized but not improving. Waiting for FIL to report this morning but they are 1 hour behind us so it isn't as early a report as I would like. Did I mention it is congestive heart failure? Progress is slow with that.

Neak, it is the good life!! People do stuff like that around here too! That's how I met my friend. She brought us food. She wasn't able to get out of her car, so she would either call from down the road and tell me to come outside, or honk when she pulled up and I would go out and get whatever she had for us (and the rest of the neighborhood).

And I've had the garbage guy come get my can if it's not out to the road when he comes. Pretty cool!!!

C
C
(((((MAL)))))

I tried to send that last night but it didn't make it. I am so sorry you are going through these trials. I would come have some hot tea and cookies with you if I could.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
We had a great lightning storm last night, and some good rain, too.

It's a good thing we had that heat wave in CA before I came out here. There is no air conditioning, and the house gets up to 80 every day, and often higher. Yesterday it got to 86. Now, it was starting to feel a bit warm by then, but this morning when I woke up and it was down to 72, I was quite chilly. :RollieEyes:

Just before the storm hit last night, the wind kicked up, and picked up most of the alkali out of the dry alkali pond down the street. I had to dash out and get my clothes off the line so they wouldn't get covered with the stinky, bad-tasting white powder. It was much like a sandstorm, with visibility down to almost zero, and dust flying everywhere. Mucho impressivo.

Ye small Dervish doesn't do so well with thunder, no surprise, but managed to enjoy it anyway, when he wasn't hiding his head down in the crack of the couch, between AJ and me.

Dad should be gone by now, on his way back out here with the kids.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Speedy trip!

When are we getting a new story, my brillant friend?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Working frantically, not posting so much. I am clinging to the hope of being finished by Sept 1 (technically Sept 2 since the 1st is a holiday), and making it into the pool to be considered for publication next spring. Otherwise, if accepted, it wouldn't go through until 2010.

Very different than the other books, and not a Bible story. Exactly. wink

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Will wait patiently, then.

Just so you know, I'd adore you even if you weren't so stinkin' brillant!

3 of the kids will be sedated Thursday! Whoopeeeeee!

DS4 has a cavity, and DD5 and DS 8 will be getting sealants for their toofers.

I wonder if I'll get a group rate?

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Hi Neak.. T&L... MAL ... Cinders .... Kimmy and lots of friends that would fill the page before anything else1 lol smile but still love you all.

Neak great to see the kids on their way..... Dervish will be happy I am sure ... country life ... well just a tad more country life than before cool forget clean kids for a while ... they will be investigating lots ... just keep them away from old wells or bores and things. I had to lock mine with a chain and steel lids lol JJ used to get way too interested in them.

All very busy here this weekend.... still not caught up with cleaning and washing ... and who wants too? laugh

Mikey is happy as Larry at pre-Kindy .... doesn't miss me at all frown lol and doesn't want to come home ... fav word is ... NO!!
Before I know it he'll be starting school ... unfair cry lol

hope all are doing fine ... where is SS .... on holidays again?

Neak get back to typing ... I see you eating that Lindt choccy!!! grin

love you guys

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
grin Hey, this is the edge of the world. The only Lindt they have here is what you clean off your dryer screen. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
L
L
Cinderella wrote:
In Memphis it is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.

Oooooh! I've been a baaaaad girl! Guess I need to make a red flag and tell Lord Clueless that he has to walk in front of my truck in Memphis!

Somehow, I don't think the man has enough NERVE to get in front of my truck while I'm driving it!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
M
Hahaha! Lord help any man that gets in front of a woman driver...ESPECIALLY with a red flag! That would be like the bull and the bullfighter!! Thud, down goes the man.

L
L
Originally Posted by marriedandlonely*
Hahaha! Lord help any man that gets in front of a woman driver...ESPECIALLY with a red flag! That would be like the bull and the bullfighter!! Thud, down goes the man.

Especially when you consider how often he ticks me off!! crazy

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
T
T
Neak, that little man is a thinker!

I didn't know you had a lisp! But that's OK. I knew you meant to say "stinker" and I understood you completely... laugh

M
M
I knew you meant to say "stinker" and I understood you completely.

I try so hard to conceal my lisp!! How did you know? I've been working so hard on it...dang.

You're too funny!

Ya know what's not funny? I had to cover my potatoes tonight...it just feels cold out there and I don't want them to freeze again like they did in July! Neak was cold and it was what?? 70 degrees did she say? It was 35 here this morning. It will be freezing every morning by the end of the month. That's why I have a greenhouse. I have grown tomatoes into November..because I turned the heater on in the greenhouse!

thinker...stinker...that's funny!

C
C
Yikes! :MrEEk:

THAT is COLD!! faint

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Poor little plants! I feelz for dem!

The irony is, I love cold weather best of all. I love when it's rainy and foggy for days on end. I love when it freezes, and better still when it snows.

But my body has gotten used to hot, so here I am bundled up in a blankie to ward off the 66 deg temp in the house, when normally I waltz around in shorts and a T at 60-65.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
I keep seeing this word: snow.

What is this thing?

I like stormy, thunder-y days...especially when I DON'T have to go to work.

When I was a kid, stormy days were watercolor days.

They still are.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 31 of 100 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation