Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 100 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 99 100
A
A
storms ... beach naughty

thunder .... beach pray

sun ... beach hurray

night . .. beach lashes

now that I think about it ... I spent so much time while a .. um younger person ... at the beach laugh

Kimmy ... I don't know what that word 'snow' is either .... I think it's a rumour really .... cold is when its not 100 in the shade isn't it?????? confused :crosseyedcrazy:

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

D
D
cold is when its not 100 in the shade isn't it??????

We had a bit of a cool front yesterday, rain and storms with a high of 87.

Newslady this morning giggled and admitted that she turned on her car HEATER yesterday.

AW, we are hermanas.

There is a reason I have a wave tattooed on my back.

I live for the water. There are few things that compare to the peace of sinking down to the bottom of the ocean (or lake, or river, or even pool) and drifting with the current....

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
I would love to have a pool. For after work floating.

D
D
I would love to have a float.

For after work pooling.

kiss

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
If I could afford it, I would get one of those $200 above ground, you can set it up yourself, pools this fall and stash the kit till next summer....then float away my problems often next summer. My back yard is almost all shade so I would probably set up some sort of screen to keep the leaves out. There's almost no way to set it up in the sun and that stuff is NOT good for your skin. Especially if you are old enough to not want to look like leather.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
They arrived shortly after 2am, and I got the kids up bright and early. Dad I allowed to sleep in quite a bit longer.

Today we are fixing up the MIL cottage, as that is where he wants to stay. Our privacy was one reason, and his study time is the other. (He is preaching again while he is here.) It's amazing what a broom and mop will do for a place. I've been too busy writing like a good little girl to even think of playing with my toys before this, but OH WHAT FUN!!!!!! It's all I can do not to leap in there with a paintbrush and make everything purty colors.

So sleepy now, think I will go to bed nice and early tonight. The kids sure ought to be tired, too.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
leap in there with a paintbrush and make everything purty colors.

This will be me come December.

I've already chosen a new fish tank. The new one will HANG like a picture!

Cool, huh?

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
What colors are you going with, Neak.

I'm having a devil of a time deciding.

All those pretty colors...so few walls.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Well, Neaksis, the 2 younger kids, and I are off to see big brother in juvenile concentration camp. 9 hrs. minimum in a car with 2 cranky travelers rant2 And then there's the 2 kids besides! :crosseyedcrazy: What fun. Carry on...

And I've decided to take my dad to one last reunion in HI in September so he can say good-bye to all his old friends. Are we ready for another travel blog about the adventures of Traveling with Gramps? laugh

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You will need to put GPS on him, just in case, lol.

What colors? Princess' room lavendar, boys' rooms maybe very light green, not sure yet, living room light yellow, kitchen stays white, bathroom light blue-with-just-a-hint-of-purplish, and stairway probably tan, whatever is durable.

Dad is off with the boys (AJ & BIL) right now. It is raining lightly, but just enough to impede work, which is why AJ/BIL got back from work almost as soon as they left.

Mr. C is DELIGHTED that we will most likely have thunderstorms today.

And the kids are all bundled up in coats, lololol......inside.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
I was thinking about dirt colors...at least till the kids grow up.

My princess numereo dos would ADORE lavendar walls. Anything purple...ANYTHING.

She's got a purple satin bedspread...her sister has a hot pink satin bedspread. The girls will be sharing cos the girl's room is the biggest (how do you know it's a girl's room asked DS8..."duh," replied DD12, "it's the one with the window seat, sheesh!"). The boys will have their own rooms for the first...

time...

ever...

I've a feeling that we're gonna be in for some midnight wanderings.

Not from DS4 - he sleeps the sleep of Wookies and polar bears (snuggled up with tons of blankies). DS8 HATES to sleep alone.

WHEEEEE!

I was thinking "icy" colors for the bathrooms...like an icy green or blue. The kid's bathroom is fishes...fishing hats, rods, a fish shower curtain...

How long till December?

I can't wait!

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
11 pm and just got home ....... Mikey asleep in the car on the way home .... shopping in the back .... Liz asleep in the back seat faint

18 hrs in the ED and she's exhausted. Not that I'm feeling too spritely myself lol crazy

Painting... I smell ....... renovations ... dance2

sadly my house looks like a bomb hit it ... I've taken the carpets and most of the furniture out of the bedrooms so I can begin putting the new wooden floors down ... polished Bamboo wood ... looks a bit like a mix between cherry & pine ... then I'll have to paint ALL the house. .. I wonder how Aussie would take rose pink in the bedroom ?? ... of course you realise that GREEN is banned in our house :RollieEyes:

Mikey just about killed me getting him out of the car ... how can someone so young weigh so much!!!!!! grumble

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
Deadlines loom at work, and at home, but I love you all, and would be here if I could.

I am in need of repentance.
My youngest son gets married tomorrow, and I haven't told any one on MB yet. Don't feel too bad though. One of our married sons didn't get his invitation, and my W's sister hasn't gotten her's yet either. Life is like that sometimes.

Anyway, please forgive me. I mean well, but am sorely lacking in the execution of my good intentions.

May God bless you and keep you safe. This request is made daily, and in earnest.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
M
M
Hi Everyone!!

SS, I've been wondering about you. Good to hear from you-and it sounds like you are very busy!

Kimmy and Neak...I want to paint too!! At the end of last winter I was looking so hard for a new bedspread/comforter so I could totally redo my bedroom. I wanted to do it while H was working out of town and surprise him. I never found a comforter I liked so it never got done. I still want to do it but I am enjoying summer too much. I have a lot of little projects like that to do and maybe this winter will be the one.

Remember when I covered the potatoes the other night? Good thing! It got down to 35 degrees and a light frost. The last 3 nights actually. I hate it when that starts! It even stunts and kills the bleeding hearts. Pretty short season this year! That's why I have a greenhouse. Not much lives outside to maturity. And about that snow stuff...it's cold! And it's white. And we get a lot of it. But not until October (usually).

Ya know what? My youngest bought his first car yesterday. He has had a couple of freebies, but not real reliable. He needed a car that was trustworthy since he'll be leaving for COLLEGE in 10 days! Crap! I don't know what to think. H and I will be here all by ourselves every other week (21 yr. old still lives here) and I'm not sure about all this. Big changes.

AW, you are always so busy! I don't know how you keep up with it all. I don't think I could handle just Mikey! I'm just getting too old!

Oh, MIL is still in the hospital. She may be released to a nursing home tomorrow and that is for an unknown (to me) time. She is getting better but that is a relative term. The other day she couldn't stand up. She just didn't have the strength. Sad. I think reality is setting in for her. I so wish I could be there but it is 13 hours away and I am trying to get this kid off to school and then...???...maybe I can go. I hope she doesn't die before then.

All's well I guess...another day, more adventures.

C
C
When the Olympics are over, I will not be such a couch potato. :crosseyedcrazy:

T
T
We're up in ID at juvenile concentration camp visiting Neaksis' oldest adoptee. There are 14 boys here right now, and her adopted daughter has been grievously, annoyingly titillated by the proximity of so much testosterone, immature though it may be. She was doing her extremely poor best to be alluring today at church and Neaksis remarked to me, "Poor baby, trying so hard to be a femme fatale and all she can manage is a femme fatality!" rotflmao

C
C
rotflmao SO RIGHT!!!!

M
M
Hey Cinders...that was some good Olympics tonight, eh?
Phelps is awesome! I've been enjoying it alot and made a good couch potato myself!

Hi T-n-L! You're right next door!! I hope it's warmer where you are..I just covered the spuds again, just in case.

H is talking of heading south this winter...and I love the idea. After all, youngest leaves in 1 week. Hmmmmm. faint

Last edited by marriedandlonely*; 08/16/08 11:32 PM. Reason: Had to try a new emoticon!
L
L
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
We're up in ID at juvenile concentration camp visiting Neaksis' oldest adoptee. There are 14 boys here right now, and her adopted daughter has been grievously, annoyingly titillated by the proximity of so much testosterone, immature though it may be. She was doing her extremely poor best to be alluring today at church and Neaksis remarked to me, "Poor baby, trying so hard to be a femme fatale and all she can manage is a femme fatality!" rotflmao

14 is so hard. And they have no idea.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007
***Recovering and growing wiser and stronger.***
I was divorced 10/08/2008.

T
T
Well, he's got a WAY better idea after 16 months here than he had when he came. I am so encouraged by him. Of course the acid test will be putting him back into the home with the swirling maelstrom that is his younger bio-siblings. But that's not for a few months yet. In the meantime, we just get to admire his progress! grin

Page 32 of 100 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation