Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2111858 08/18/08 01:36 PM
V
OP Offline
V
I don't want to go into details on the affair because they are on another post but basically we are still in Plan A and still working on getting my WH to discontinue all contact with the OW. He has told her 2x in front of me to stop calling him and that he wanst to work on the marriage. With good reason I question whether he is "over her" and I'm sure we will have to deal with her trying to contact him again. Of course I don't trust him yet and I'm constantly watching all his emails and incomeing calls as much as I can.
He is on a business trip for 1 week. I was originally going to take a trip to San Diego with a friend this weekend but it's cancelled. I'm thinking about not telling him. He took a cab from his work to the airport (instead of haing me drive him). He said that way he can drive himself home since I wasn't going to be here to pick him up. I asked him if he got a cab reciept (like I asked him to) for the first trip. He said he forgot. I just wanted to make sure he didn't have "anyone else" give him a ride from work. Now that I'm going to be here, do I lie and say I'm still going and then see if he gets a ride from anyone? I was thinking about going to see if his truck is even parked at work and then waiting there when his plane lands and see if he gets into a cab. This might be hard to pull off since I assume he will call me and want to talk to the kids etc. I could take it further and be gone the whole weekend yet spy on him. It's a good thought but I don't know that I could pull off lying to him. I'm just not a good liar and I don't like to lie. I know in a way doing all that would be entrapment but how else do I know what he's up to? Is it wrong to go that far to spy on him?

Married: 15yrs
Me:38
WH:40
2 kids
D-day Sept 06 and again 7/23/08
Currently in counseling
VegMom36 #2111911 08/18/08 02:35 PM
K
K
Veg,

"I know in a way doing all that would be entrapment but how else do I know what he's up to? Is it wrong to go that far to spy on him?"

ENTRAPMENT??!!
As our gov. would say "HAHAHAHA" "Dahts ah goot won" rotflmao

It is NOT wrong to SPY. Doesn't matter how far one must go. You are protecting yourself and your family.

If he shows up tell him you just wanted to surprise him!!

SURPRISE!!

Plus it is cheaper than hiring a PI.

kirk

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
VegMom36 #2111926 08/18/08 02:59 PM
I
I
VM36,
Im really sorry that sometimes we have to end up doing things that are out of character but..
I think you have to do what need to be done. If it can help to put your mind at ease or catch him in the act do it....I would have done it...

All the best...

Me: 35 WH:52 Found out: May 08 A: march-April 08

God is my Refuge and Strength, a very present help in times of trouble....
VegMom36 #2111950 08/18/08 03:49 PM
H
H
Your H has had 3 affairs, and is still active in this affair, do you really want to continue in this marriage?

What is keeping you in this marriage?

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by tst
Your H has had 3 affairs, and is still active in this affair, do you really want to continue in this marriage?

What is keeping you in this marriage?

Firstly, my children. They are the only reason I have made the effort in this way. Otherise I would legally separate or condider divorce.

He says he's has not contacted her, only she has been calling him. Obviously I can't be sure.

2 kids
Currently in counseling
VegMom36 #2112045 08/18/08 06:58 PM
K
K
Veg,

""e says he's has not contacted her, only she has been calling him. Obviously I can't be sure.""

He does not have to answer. Can't he block the #?

Is he telling you she called or are you discovering that she called?

kirk

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
krusht #2112171 08/19/08 12:30 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by krusht
Veg,

""e says he's has not contacted her, only she has been calling him. Obviously I can't be sure.""

He does not have to answer. Can't he block the #?

Is he telling you she called or are you discovering that she called?

kirk

He is telling me. I have told him to inform me. I told him to answer the time she called while I was right there and it rang. He said "it's her". I said to answer it. He did and told her to stop calling in from of me. She called once afer that that I know of.

2 kids
Currently in counseling
VegMom36 #2112213 08/19/08 07:23 AM
H
H
Originally Posted by VegMom36
[
He says he's has not contacted her, only she has been calling him. Obviously I can't be sure.

Why haven't you changed his cell phone number yet???

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
VegMom36 #2112257 08/19/08 08:47 AM
G
G
Is it wrong to go that far to spy on him?

Not if you want to save your marriage. You need to get serious about this if you want to save your marriage. Spy, change your cell numbers, etc. Follow the advise on here. It may sound extreme, but your situation is extreme.

Multiple DDay's 11/07-2/08
EA/PA 11/06-2/08
NC 2/08, Recovering

FWH 41
BS(me) 37
2 kids
S
S
He is still seeing her. He is a lier.

Why do you want a three time cheater like your husband to act as a father to your children even if he is the bio dad?

What are you thinking keeping this man around,, go to plan B!

VegMom36 #2112413 08/19/08 11:42 AM
T
T
it sounds like most likely he got a ride to the airport from another coworker (probably the OW)

I would cut it off even higher and ask or find out what plane he will be coming home on and meet him at the terminal, make it some kind of gesture, but don't be the first one at the gate, stand back a bit a wait for him. It's very likely that she will be on the plane with him or waiting there for him too. If that's the case then you have more than enough to know what steps to take next.

obviously this guy won't give up the OW, so you have some hard decisions to make. You have big ammunition with the kids. Would his behavior change if he thought he might lose them?

me -37 sahd
ww -33 executive
2 kids (5 & 1)
TxPhilip #2112441 08/19/08 12:16 PM
D
D
VegMom,

I told you in Recovery and I'm going to tell you here that if you don't mommy up for your kids, you're headed for some OCs.

That VM that he said he kept from the OW tells me that she is DESPERATE to keep him. DESPERATE OW are how one ends up being someone's mommy that you didn't birth or count on (doesn't mean it's a nightmare...but still NOT the way to bring a kid into the world)...while OW gets to continue the drama for the rest of your lives or until one of you kicks it.

It also tells me that he needs a shove off that fence he's settin' on...cos MAN! The dayum thing is sproutin' out his throat he's been there so long!

You need a plan dear...and I don't think it's plan A.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by Stellakat
He is still seeing her. He is a lier.

Why do you want a three time cheater like your husband to act as a father to your children even if he is the bio dad?

What are you thinking keeping this man around,, go to plan B!

Are you saying men like this never change? Once a cheater always a cheater? How do you know for sure. How will I know if or when he stopped lying and is serious?

I will certainly keep spying but it's controlling my life. I'm constantly searching his stuff like it's an obsession. I don't feel this is healthy either.

2 kids
Currently in counseling
VegMom36 #2112471 08/19/08 12:57 PM
S
S
"How will I know if or when he stopped lying and is serious?"

"Maybe a troll can help!"

LOL

Last edited by Stellakat; 08/19/08 12:58 PM.
D
D
Are you saying men like this never change? Once a cheater always a cheater?

No. I'm saying YOU need to get a plan. You're sitting back on your tushie waiting till he mans up ain't gonna do it.

He will not change until YOU change your reaction to him.

How do you know for sure. How will I know if or when he stopped lying and is serious?

When his lips quit moving and you see some ACTION.

HE has not done anything that you didn't MAKE him do...including calling the OW in front of you.

Do you honestly think that I didn't do the same thing to my husband?

The only thing that made him change was when I showed him the door and told him not to let it hit him in the hinder on the way out.

And Stella...got something to say? Say it. If'n the mods had trouble with my posts they'd have shown ME to the door...oh...around 4 years or so ago.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by tst
[

Why haven't you changed his cell phone number yet???

Changing the cell # won't work. I mean if he really wanted all he would have to do is give her the new number right? At some point you have to show trust but still snoop without being obvious. I think that's the only way I will catch him if he's really not going to change. Once he feels things have calmed down and things are comfortable he may slip up. He has before. He underestimates me.
Now that we are in some real therapy I'm hoping he will show positive change. That's all I can hope for.

2 kids
Currently in counseling
VegMom36 #2112491 08/19/08 01:12 PM
S
S
Dea, you are famous around these parts! If I am too blatant, I will get slapped with a fine! LOL

All I can say is I reported over 10 people I think are trolls today. Maybe I am paranoid but i hate wasting time on people who are not real.

VegMom36 #2112492 08/19/08 01:13 PM
D
D
YOU ARE GOING ABOUT THIS THE WRONG WAY.

Geesh.

How is snooping ALL THE TIME working for ya?

Hummmm?

Let's see...

You've caught him countless times with your snooping.

Are you not getting this? He has.

He has NO retribution because when he gets caught, you get mad, you yell or whatever and NOTHING CHANGES.

You can bet the OW is getting this. She KNOWS all of this. Know what her next step is? She's gonna get preggers.

You need to mommy up or you're gonna have a tougher decision than you already do...whether to file for child support before the OW does.

I'm telling ya. BTDT got the tee shirt.

My Story

Recovered!
TxPhilip #2112493 08/19/08 01:13 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by TxPhilip
it sounds like most likely he got a ride to the airport from another coworker (probably the OW)

I would cut it off even higher and ask or find out what plane he will be coming home on and meet him at the terminal, make it some kind of gesture, but don't be the first one at the gate, stand back a bit a wait for him. It's very likely that she will be on the plane with him or waiting there for him too. If that's the case then you have more than enough to know what steps to take next.

obviously this guy won't give up the OW, so you have some hard decisions to make. You have big ammunition with the kids. Would his behavior change if he thought he might lose them?

I made it clear that I won't tolerate another lie. If I show up at the airport or see him get in a car with her (OW) I will bring the camera and that will be my proof to toss his bum out. I don't think plan b would be worth it if I was him doing that. It would be plan D for divorce. I can't do this sh%t forever...the spying etc. It's draining and taking control over me.

2 kids
Currently in counseling
VegMom36 #2112499 08/19/08 01:19 PM
D
D
It will, too...take control, that is.

It is totally NOT the way to handle this.

I'm all for snooping to gather info or snooping in recovery till you get your sea legs...

But you KNOW he is in contact with her...if he is in contact with her then he is still in ACTIVE adultry. Period.

You need to plan b in order to stop it. Not to kick him out just to kick him out.

Plan b is about protecting YOU and your kids from his CONTINUED infidelity...which he is...continuing, that is.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation