Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I'm always amazed that some people think that the very instant an egg is fertilized, it's a full-blown human being.

Listen, that does not interest me. What interests me is how much welfare money I can get? I am going to quit my job and be a welfare momma.

How much can I get if vote for your guy? I DO HAVE standards, ya know. smile

Yeah, yeah...

P!ss on the poor....there's a typical, modern-day Christian attitude for ya.

I am selling my vote to the highest bidder, bucko! Whatcha got? laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
I'm always amazed that some people think that the very instant an egg is fertilized, it's a full-blown human being.

Listen, that does not interest me. What interests me is how much welfare money I can get? I am going to quit my job and be a welfare momma.

How much can I get if vote for your guy? I DO HAVE standards, ya know. smile

Yeah, yeah...

P!ss on the poor....there's a typical, modern-day Christian attitude for ya.

Fewer dead and injured soldiers.

Granted, you can't spend them at the grocery store, but the gimpy ones sure do consume a lot of tax dollars.

Divorced
M
M
[

Fewer dead and injured soldiers.

Granted, you can't spend them at the grocery store, but the gimpy ones sure do consume a lot of tax dollars.

I have pretty high living standards, so you are going ante up more than that to get my vote. stickout

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
well, get over it.

I wouldn't have any CHOICE about seeing THEM..the PRESIDENT and FIRST LADY...YUCK.. puke

I can CHOOSE not to GOOGLE the ABORTION PICTURES...YUCK.. puke

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
What about John McCain ABANDONING HIS CRIPPLE WIFE, having an affair with CINDY, marrying her and then them both trying to PARADE around as PRESIDENT/FIRST LADY puke

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Mel:

Why are you calling yourself a WELFARE MOMMA? You're not putting down people on government assistance are you? I hope not.

In the present system, folks have to work to get assistance or either go to school.

M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here
Mel:

Why are you calling yourself a WELFARE MOMMA? You're not putting down people on government assistance are you? I hope not.

Certainly not! TEEF

Exposure 101

T
T
Husband1

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is legislation Obama has co-sponsored along with 18 other senators that would annihilate every single state law limiting or regulating abortion, including the federal ban on partial birth abortion.

The 2007 version of FOCA proposed: "It is the policy of the United States that every woman has the fundamental right to choose to bear a child, to terminate a pregnancy prior to fetal viability, or to terminate a pregnancy after fetal viability when necessary to protect the life or health of the woman."

And "Health of Women" is so broadly defined Women can legally have an abortion in most states for any reason and at any time, even the mental stress the inconvenience might cause. Obama will make sure Women can have an abortion at any time and for any reason during pregnancy in all states.

yep, and even IF the baby survives they will be told to let it lay there and die, offering no assistance to the child who is completely supported without life support, but can not feed itself..they will continue to have nurses NOT give the baby food so that it WILL starve to death since it didn't die as was intended..just like they do in Ill. already.

My husband was born 4 months premature, wasn't put on an incubator, but his aunt cared for him and fed him expecting him to die..but because of the care she gave him HE survived!!
Barak & Abortion

but hey babies lives have no meaning..

This is really a two-fold issue..

1. It tells us Men have no say in whether or not THEY father any children..(if a woman decides to kill the man's child the baby is inside her, so therefore he has no control)

2. Even IF the man doesn't want a child he is still held financially responsible for the child IF the woman decides NOT to abort.

Maybe more fathers need to start standing up for their unborn children, even fighting for custody and child support from the woman!! And let it be known that IF the woman has a child at a later date..then the father has no responsibility towards said child, as she could have very well aborted that child as well and the father had no say..and had no respect for the egg in which was developed in the creating of the first child..it should be considered child abuse where none of these women should be allowed to have children again..

Maybe they should start sterilizing these women when they go in to get an abortion..so they can not abuse (murder any more children).

Or maybe they should experience a miscarriage, even one of a child they aren't sure they want..

I realize this is harsh but maybe it would get women thinking about having unprotected sex to begin with..

And they need to pass laws that says IF a woman is having an abortion because she was raped or molested that she needs to REPORT the rape and/or child molester to the police. So that THOSE crimes can be investigated and possibly the person convicted and sent to jail.

Obama to Planned Parenthood

Last edited by ThornedRose; 08/21/08 05:58 PM.

Simul Justus Et Peccator
“Righteous and at the same time a sinner.”
(Martin Luther)
H
H
Originally Posted by Husband1

The miracle of life is amazing; no argument there. Conceived when an egg and sperm join together and form this unique individual made up of equal parts mother and Father; I can’t think of anything more amazing.

I can definitively amaze you and confirm I believe life begins at conception and this amazing child deserves the protection of society.

Please enlighten me and share when you definitively know a Childs life counts?

Amillia Taylor, born at 21 weeks, 6 days celebrated her 1st birthday in November. Is she a baby? Do you confidently know when this switch turns on and a baby’s life counts?

That same "amazing event" happens with every other mammal on the face of the earth.

If a newly-fertilized egg is a full-blown human, then it's not just abortion that should be illegal. Smoking, drinking, or even consuming fast food should be considered child abuse, and punishable as such.

So should ANY other activity that could endanger the child.

Lifting too much weight.
Drinking coffee.
Being too "stressed out".

Etc.

How about a life insurance policy for this person, in the first trimester, so if there is a miscarriage I can get a big fat check?

You want to compare crushing the skull and sucking out the brains of a baby older than Amillia Taylor was when born with smoking, drinking and eating fast food?

Liberals are making headway there too. Smoking is banned in all buildings in my state, even cigar bars had to close down. Elected officials in South L.A. have proposed banning new fast food restaurants and Trans fats are being outlawed in many parts of the country and there ARE laws against children smoking and drinking.

If that is your compelling argument why are these same people so concerned with making my everyday choices for me but still want to be sure others have the right to choose to abort their baby?

Are you going to tell me when a Childs life counts?

“How about a life insurance policy for this person, in the first trimester, so if there is a miscarriage I can get a big fat check?”

I’m sorry, is this suppose to be a joke? I find it offensive.

M
M
Certainly not!

OK! GREAT!!

sigh

watch out, your eyes can get stuck in that position. uhuh

Exposure 101

M
M
Mel:

Certainly not! TEEF

OK!! GREAT!!

F
F

Krazy71 - Doesn't surprise me in the least that you would be "amazed."

But here's the biological reality...upon fertilization, it IS a "full-blown human being" with a complete set of DNA that is what MAKES it a human being. It's not a frog, a horse, a fly, a mouse, or any other sort of "being." You, me, every person who ever lived STARTED life with their own complete set of DNA. And they end life with the same set of DNA. From "start to finish" ALL of the genetic coding that makes a "human being" a human being.

But in the interest of "being fair," WHEN DO YOU SAY say that a growing human being actually becomes, in your opinion, a human being? And why not at any point BEFORE that point in time? You are free to pick anytime you want to pick from conception to death (whenever that might be in the lifetime of that individual).

And in the interest of thread conformity, which is the "greater" evil, the taking of another's life or the committing of adultery. I will stipulate that BOTH are "bad," but the question is the relative issue of which is "worse than the other" in the category of "wrongful acts" BY someone against someone else?

F
F
I think it's odd that so many of those opposed to abortion are also opposed to sex ed in public schools, at a young enough age that it might actually make a difference.

Gee, I dunno. I don't really have a big problem with sex ed, age appropriate that addresses the CHOICES and CONSEQUENCES. But that's cause and effect issue without the framework of morals and ethics.

If you are so certain that abortion is murder, and you also believe that God is real, then surely you believe he will deal with these "killers" in the afterlife.

Yep, the very same way He will deal with Adulterers and every other sort of sin. Forgiven through faith in Christ or not forgiven. The "choice," Krazy is yours and everyone elses. But here's the "deal," the choice is already made and all we can do is accept or reject the one way that the judgment already passed can be "commuted" and the "record wiped clean."

Now....about that brother of Barak who makes $1.00 per month and lives in a "little grass shack" (not really grass, but definitely little), I guess BA wants everyone else except for himself to "lend a hand and donate some money to help his brother" in typical way of liberal redistribution of YOUR money.

T
T
what saith the Scriptures

Gen 25:23 And the Lord said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you* shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger."

Gen 25:24 When her days to give birth were completed, behold, there were twins in her womb.

Even before Conception she knew she would bare a son..

Jdg 13:5 "for behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. No razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb, and he shall begin to save Israel from the hand of the Philistines."

Jdg 13:7 "but he said to me, 'Behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. So then drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death.'"

Job talking to God..

Job 31:15 "Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?

Psa 71:6 Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you.

Psa 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord , the fruit of the womb a reward.

Psa 139:13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Ecc 11:5 As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb* of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.

Simul Justus Et Peccator
“Righteous and at the same time a sinner.”
(Martin Luther)
N
N
Maybe more fathers need to start standing up for their unborn children, even fighting for custody and child support from the woman!! And let it be known that IF the woman has a child at a later date..then the father has no responsibility towards said child, as she could have very well aborted that child as well and the father had no say..and had no respect for the egg in which was developed in the creating of the first child..it should be considered child abuse where none of these women should be allowed to have children again..

Well, that might work......but, I think a lot more emphasis needs to be put on teaching young men to care more about being a father than getting laid.

I can tell you that I know of had several girls (a couple were close friends) in high school (catholic) who got pregnant.... a few had abortions, while the others were expelled from school, sent away and forced to give the baby up for adoption.
NONE of them got pregnant by a 'father' that stood up for his unborn child.....quite the opposite....and all those young men got a get out of jail free card AND a diploma.

Last edited by nia17; 08/21/08 07:29 PM. Reason: clarification and typos
M
M
Why no one will talk about JOHN McCAIN being in an AFFAIRAGE???

I betcha ABORTION will not be banned if he becomes President.

Let's deal with FIRST THINGS FIRST.

He and his wife are IMMORAL...

They don't even believe in the SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE..

N
N

1 reason could be that we have a very conservative crowd here who might think that calling posters murderers is likely to sway the indecisive to vote republican.

Personally, I'd like to hear more about plans for the failing economy.

Last edited by nia17; 08/21/08 07:52 PM.
M
M

Well, what is there to say? We all AGREE! What did you want us to say, Mimi? Do you think there is anyone here who disagrees with anything you said? Why all the jumping up and down? crazy

ok, here is my response if it will make you feel better:

DITTO!

nuf' said? TEEF

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by nia17
1 reason could be that we have a very conservative crowd here who might think that calling posters murderers is likely to sway the indecisive to vote republican.

I don't think one has to be conservative to understand that abortion is murder. Thinking and morality is not the exclusive domain of conservatives. [I am more of a Libertarian myself] There are thinkers, from all walks of life. who know right from wrong, who don't accept the mindless pro-abortion bumper stickers.

Exposure 101

M
M
What did you want us to say, Mimi?

I want someone else to RANT AND RAVE with me. I'm POed about him flaunting around like it's NO BIG DEAL!! I"d go so far to think he shouldn't even be running for President. He should be hanging his head in SHAME... rant2

I thought THIS FORUM would be the appropriate place to FOCUS on this particular issue...

AND..check out the SUBJECT of THIS TOPIC..."John McCain abandoned his first CRIPPLED wife"

Seems a reasonable place to RANT AND RAVE..about THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC... to me..

But I'm FINE with FUSSING ABOUT IT to myself...

grumble

Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation