Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
M
M
Originally Posted by TryTooHard
what about Loserman...

who??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
You know, his little sidekick, Joe Lieberman the Demublican...

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

M
M
I think the reason is more likely because everyone already AGREES he is a scumbucket and what he did to his wife is abhorrent. What more is there to say?

I have not disagreed with a single negative thing said about him. I DON'T LIKE THE MAN, NEVER HAVE. I thought to myself "DITTO" and moved on. I had nothing more to say.

There isn't much to discuss WHEN EVERYONE ALREADY AGREES.

However, abortion is a different breed of cat! There is always lots and lots to discuss there. Most people are PASSIONATE about abortion and it is a KEY POLITICAL ISSUE.

OK..GOTCHA, Mel!!!! flirt

Thing is..although ABORTION is a KEY POLITICAL ISSUE..

I'M not much interested in talking about it..

So I guess it's time for me to MOVE ON..I guess.. dontknow

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
The one Obama made to
the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, that abortion would be the first priority of his administration.

I SAY he was doing his POLITICAL thing...

I betcha we can find a quote with McCAIN "sounding" more Pro-choice..I betcha...

They are out to win an election and will try to appeal to their would be supporters...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by TryTooHard
You know, his little sidekick, Joe Lieberman the Demublican...

Is he pro-abortion?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Isn't there a DIFFERENCE between PRO-ABORTION and PRO-CHOICE?

I'm DEFINITELY AGAINST ABORTION but I'm having a problem with the thought of the government CONTROLLING WOMEN'S BODIES...

AND won't ABORTION occur anyways..under UNSANITARY, UNHEALTHY CONDITIONS if it is not LEGALIZED? Then more WOMEN will DIE, including the UNBORN FETUSES...

Isn't it BEST to FOCUS on CONTRACEPTION and the PREVENTION of PREGNANCIES? I thought that was OBAMA'S FOCUS..to come up with such a PROGRAM.

H
H
Originally Posted by mimi_here
The one Obama made to
the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, that abortion would be the first priority of his administration.

I SAY he was doing his POLITICAL thing...

I betcha we can find a quote with McCAIN "sounding" more Pro-choice..I betcha...

They are out to win an election and will try to appeal to their would be supporters...

I suggest you check both their voting records before you bet, you'll save some money. That's the advantage of basing important decisions on facts, records and history instead of feelings and blind faith in the home team. A simple google search will tell you more than you need to know before you place that bet. I'll take that bet by the way.

M
M

Yes, there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE. I am PRO-CHOICE for example. I support CHOICE for ALL, most especially the one whose life is up for grabs. I do not support ABORTION. People who support abortion are PRO-ABORTION.

I'm DEFINITELY AGAINST ABORTION but I'm having a problem with the thought of the government CONTROLLING WOMEN'S BODIES...

Me too. But the issue is not the woman's body. No one wants to slaughter her. It is the unborn baby's body we are discussing.

AND won't ABORTION occur anyways..under UNSANITARY, UNHEALTHY CONDITIONS if it is not LEGALIZED? Then more WOMEN will DIE, including the UNBORN FETUSES...

Not unless they CHOOSE to have an abortion under unsanitary conditions. That is her CHOICE, though. If she wants to take that risk, she has to be accountable for her CHOICE. With freedom comes responsibility, after all.

Isn't it BEST to FOCUS on CONTRACEPTION and the PREVENTION of PREGNANCIES? I thought that was OBAMA'S FOCUS..to come up with such a PROGRAM.

No. I believe that is a distraction from a serious problem. We already have programs that focus on contraception and have for years. We still have millions of abortions every year. Ignoring the slaughter will not make it go away.

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by Husband1
I’m curious, would you vote for McCain if he was still married to his first wife, never cheated, but all other history was the same?

MAYBE..

I was trying to keep to the TOPIC of the thread..

BUT...I also don't consider him to be that BRIGHT..since you asked..

Other than Obama’s number one priority to expand the rights of women to kill babies, what does Obama stand for?

When has Obama stated that this is his NUMBER ONE PRIORITY?

I know FOR SURE that THE ECONOMY is HIGHER on the list ...

But I've ACKNOWLEDGED my lack of knowledge about POLITICS...

I'm LEARNING...

I also see Obama as standing strongly against the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

STANDING STRONGLY AGAINST the sanctity of marriage..NO WAY...MICHELLE WOULD BOP HIM ON THE HEAD...NO WAY...

The one Obama made to

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act," Obama said in his July speech to abortion advocates worried about the increase of pro-life legislation at the state level.

Then try to understand what he stands for if you feel it is important to maintain the special place in our society afforded to the marriage between a man and a woman.

That's good. I would hate to see America end up like China.

Charlotte

Charlotte22

BS-42
WH-Mr. Gray-52
M-15.5y
DS*DIL-26, DGS-1
DS*DIL-22
DD-21
Dday: 6/27/07 (Plan A-sort of)
10/30-BRAVE NEW WORLD! Exposure!
11/1-Filed D
11/21-Temp hearing, Shiny takes all
12/15-Plan B
5/13/08-Spousal support extended, my Shiny
Attorney totally ROCKS!!
7/17-Court again, Shiny rules!
7/22-OWH temp hearing, Shiny kicks butt again!
12/11-Mediation; Gray won't budge, we are now headed for trial

Shiny="A Dynamic Force of Epic Proportions"

Shiny WILL win!! No doubt, Sugah!
D
D
I'm having a problem with the thought of the government CONTROLLING WOMEN'S BODIES...

That's it in a nutshell.

Charlotte

M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
I'm having a problem with the thought of the government CONTROLLING WOMEN'S BODIES...

That's it in a nutshell.

Charlotte

ME TOO. I have a huge problem with that.

But I also have a problem with WOMEN controlling the bodies of the unborn by killing them.

Exposure 101

M
M
See, I believe if one claims to truly love "CHOICE" that they should advocate CHOICE for ALL, especially the one whose life is up for grabs. Otherwise they really aren't "pro-choice."

I don't know about the rest of you, but if it is MY LIFE up for grabs, I WANT A SAY IN THAT "CHOICE."

If choice is so great, why not give it to ALL, instead of a select special FEW?

I say lets spread CHOICE around!

Mel<----PRO-CHOICE

Exposure 101

T
T
I personally don't believe the Neo Cons who have controlled the republican party for the last 40 years will ever overturn Roe v. Wade. The Supreme Court has had a "conservative" majority for years.

There simply is not another wedge issue that will get the "base" to flock to the polls...

It would be political suicide.

Shame really that our democracy has become such a manipulation of the citizens it was designed to represent...

TTH
Veteran
Patriot

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

T
T
I really don't know that as I have not counted.

I didn't count, either. I was hoping you had, or someone else would, because I'm too old and don't have enough time left. smile

H
H
I’m curious, would you vote for McCain if he was still married to his first wife, never cheated, but all other history was the same?

MAYBE..

Other than Obama’s number one priority to expand the rights of women to kill babies, what does Obama stand for?

I'm LEARNING...

I also see Obama as standing strongly against the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

STANDING STRONGLY AGAINST the sanctity of marriage..NO WAY...MICHELLE WOULD BOP HIM ON THE HEAD...NO WAY...

The one Obama made to

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act," Obama said in his July speech to abortion advocates worried about the increase of pro-life legislation at the state level.

Then try to understand what he stands for if you feel it is important to maintain the special place in our society afforded to the marriage between a man and a woman.

Charlotte

What do you mean by that comment? End up like China? It makes no sense .

H
H

No. The term “Pro Choice” is a marketing spin to attempt to hide the real horror of the literal termination of a baby’s life while in a mother’s womb. Pro choice deals with one principle and one principle alone; legalizing abortion, that is killing a living, heart beating baby in a mother’s womb. It might be convenient to gloss over reality but at least have the honesty to address the issue and recognize it is by definition, the right to choose to kill a baby while in the womb.

Again, sounds so reasonable and clear because it skirts the truth, just like the shell game attempted with the lily white term, pro choice. The government Obama proposes will require me to pay for the murder of babies. Imagine that. My taxes will pay for some women who choose not to have a baby and abort it because it is an inconvenience. A government that forces me to fund the very practice I feel is the vilest act a person can perform on another. If abortion is wrong for you and you don’t agree with it how can it be OK for someone else? Wrong is wrong.

AND won't ABORTION occur anyways..under UNSANITARY, UNHEALTHY CONDITIONS if it is not LEGALIZED? Then more WOMEN will DIE, including the UNBORN FETUSES

Yes, abortion will occur anyway but far fewer abortions will occur so far fewer children will die and far fewer women will be subject to the complications of legal abortions and the long lasting mental anguish so many suffer from living with the “choice” they made.

Unwanted pregnancies happen and I can understand how the mother and father might be stressed but to decide, lets just terminate it and get on with our lives! What is learned by that? Deal with it for at least nine months and know you did the right thing and don’t enable others to make a choice of life for an innocent baby.

There are always a minority that chooses to break the law but many more that will not. Planned Parenthood could actually focus on helping women through a healthy pregnancy and supporting them if they choose to find a loving home for babies that are desperately wanted and in short supply.

If you are against abortion, then logically you shouldn’t be for legalizing it. Apply that logic to any crime or deviant behavior you want, say it out loud, and hopefully you will understand how flawed that logic is. Your estimate of the number of women is wrong, where do you get it? The number of abortions now that it is legal is multiples of even the most outlandish estimates pulled out of thin air to promote legal terminating of lives. A run rate of over 1.3 million a year in the US alone until a slight drop recently.

What makes you think that? Based on a speech made within the last week? Hear what you want to hear but check his voting record, his speeches over the years on the subject, and his rating by the abortion advocates that place him to the left of even Barbara Boxer who had been the leading abortion cheerleader until Obama entered the scene.

M
M
Responding to Husband's post (Husband's post in black)

Why no one will talk about JOHN McCAIN being in an AFFAIRAGE???

I betcha ABORTION will not be banned if he becomes President.

Let's deal with FIRST THINGS FIRST.

He and his wife are IMMORAL...

They don't even believe in the SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE..

Are you saying his affair 28 years ago is more important and justification to vote for someone who makes expanding and protecting abortion laws his priority?

Ummmmm...you seem to be missing a key point being brought to the forefront by this thread...it wasn't an affair 28 years ago...rather...it IS a 28 year affair.

Second...Obama has clearly indicated he wants to reduce the number of abortions in this country which I think is a more difficult ambition than merely stating you'll try to eliminate them completely (and undoubtedly fail)

I have no respect for the alleged affairs he likely had while traveling after he returned as a prisoner of war and none for the obvious affair he had with Cindy.

"HAD with Cindy???????????????????????"

I would have hoped he would have stayed married but if they had both changed so much from the ordeals and suffering they experienced, Senator McCain should have had the decency to divorce her before entering into another relationship.

What "ordeals and suffering"...the guy is running for President of the United States. He's learned that LYING and CHEATING works. He's learned that immorality pays. He's learned that repentence is for suckers. AND...as he (and she) continue in their sin...they KEEP learning and hope to demonstrate and apply such lessons as our Supreme Leader and Commander. [for example...he wants a draft, one without any deferrments like the ones that helped George Bush and Chenney avoid being drafted but his political advisors won't allow him to acknowledge it even though it slips out from time to time....so he and his advisors lie but once he's entitled with the power of the office...what do you suppose he'll do???)

Further..."decency", really. So divorcing his first God-given wife with no biblical right is a now a "decent" thing to do? He was and remains a serial cheater...there is no such way for him to have left his first with decently.

sidenote: Interestingly, Cindy McCain made him sign a pre-nup which likely resulted in the retirement of his members-only wayward jacket. She OWNS him and his political career. Wonder what influence the whore will have on public policy. Maybe time for us to roll back the drinking age to 18 so her Budweiser distributorship can make a few more bucks

So he was a scum bag and nothing can change my opinion on those actions during that part of his life. His POW experience may explain some of the changes he went through but in no way justify it.

That was 28 years ago.

When is an affair no longer an affair???

He has admitted he was wrong time and time again, most recently commenting that his failed first marriage was his greatest regret. His former wife has forgiven him.

How can she forgive him for something he continues to do each and every day he continues in his adulterous relationship with Cindy??? Perhaps she was bought off??? She's got horrible injuries from her accident and, as I recall, remains somewhat dependent on him for support. Additionally, if she's forgiven him why not divorce Cindy and go back to her...some demonstation of "regret". Lets use our MB goggles and look at his actions and not his adulterous words, shall we? We KNOW he's lying because his foggy lips are moving...don't we???

Should any bereaved spouse ever be forgiven?

Yes...but only after they stop committing adultery and repent.

sidenote: "bereaved" must be the wrong word here because I certainly don't take to judging widows and widowers very harshly. What the heck...I forgive them. grin

I disagree with McCain on many issues and will voice those disagreements without reservation but I do know where he stands.

This is the point of this thread...how can anyone truly know where McCain stands on anything...as an continuing unrepentent adulterer he REMAINS a known liar and cheater. He can't be trusted...period.

Other than Obama’s number one priority to expand the rights of women to kill babies, what does Obama stand for? Change, hope, anything but Bush? I also see Obama as standing strongly against the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

I think you mispoke here as I have heard Obama state clearly that he believes marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman. He is not an Episcopalian (like Republican Gerald Ford).

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
D
D

MAYBE..

I'm LEARNING...

The one Obama made to

Charlotte

What do you mean by that comment? End up like China? It makes no sense .

Yes it does. The Chinese government controls the reproductive lives of its citizens. There are many who have come to America so they would be allowed to have their children.

B
B
Choice...

women can CHOOSE to keep their legs closed

women/men can CHOOSE to use birth control

husbands/wives can CHOOSE to shut out the temptation of a flirtatious co-worker

...or not...

all choices have consequences

...women can get pregnant if they don't opt for choices mentioned above

...husbands/wives can lose their families/possessions if they don't opt for the choice mentioned above

...affairs affect others besides affair partners; unsafe sex/abortion affect more than just the "woman's body"...hence the consequences

should a woman's (or man's) control over her/his body also extend to having extramarital affairs???

AKA VowsRSacred/ VRS Me 44 WH 46 dd Mar 7 06 Dday 2 Jan 19 07 EA and PA DD 19 DS 10 DS 7 DD 4
C
C
I agree with Mr. Wondering 100% regarding John McCain's ongoing adultery. After we left the movie "Walk the Line" about Johnny Cash's adultery and then marriage to the OW, my husband said he thought Johnny had redeemed himself since he had a good marriage with the OW. He figured it was OK for him to marry her since his first wife divorced him.

It's hard for me to be respectful of that attitude.

John McCain married a woman who is still alive and is now married to another woman. In my belief system, that's adultery, even if it lasts for 28 years.

Apparently, that is not the opinion of John McCain or of my husband. Apparently, a second marriage is valid if the first wife forgives him or if she is the one who divorce him because he is running around on him or if the new marriage lasts a long time or... whatever.

I'm still voting for John McCain. I'm holding my nose, but I'm voting for him. Like mimi, it will be painful for me to look at him next to his much younger wife whom he met and started dating when he was still married to someone else.

What else does John McCain believe if he is willing to believe that his first wife is expendable? What does that one fact reveal about his view of the sanctity of marriage or the value of human life?

When I look at Obama, I am alarmed. Universal healthcare? What will that do to costs? It won't contain costs. There will be no limit to the amount of healthcare recommended to people. Last year, I had more than $70,000 in healthcare, and nearly all of it was paid by my husband's employer, who assigned a nurse as a watchdog to the case to make sure the surgeries and aftercare were justified. What if there is universal healthcare? If the hand of doctor is in the government's pocket, who decides if someone gets $70,000 in medical care? A nurse or doctor hired by the government? What if there is an unexpected rise in costs as there has been in Massachusetts? Are benefits limited? Is there an age cut-off for certain types of care? Are there built-in delays to getting treatment?

Healthcare costs are rising, at least in part because quality of care has improved so dramatically -- cancer patients can live much longer, pain management is greater, people can have surgeries to improve their quality of life... Who pays? Who decides whether the healthcare is worth the cost? There's a saying, "The shackle followed the sheckel."

There's also a saying about how capitalism spreads blessings unevenly and socialism spreads misery evenly. Obama believes in taxing because "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, you do to me." Obama isn't talking about promoting charity. He's talking about socialism -- taxing the rich to take care of the poor.

Plus -- why work? My kids, two of whom babysit, get the idea -- would you babysit all day if you got the same amount of money whether or not you work? Would you be willing to babysit if you got only slightly more for working? No.

My husband works hard at his job to support his family. Would he be in a town he doesn't like right now and up until midnight because he has things to get done before we go on vacation next week? No.

Obama scares me because people don't work unless there is sufficient incentive. He scares me so much that I'm voting for a man in an affair marriage.

I'm being honest in my assessment here. I recognize that this man is in an affair marriage. To me, he is committing adultery against his first wife. No number of years or children changes that. He made a lifelong commitment to a woman who is alive. Nothing he or his first wife does after the wedding changes the fact that he made a commitment to her, as long as they are both alive.

I'm still voting for him.

Cherished

Last edited by Cherished; 08/22/08 07:13 AM.
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation