Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2119313 09/01/08 04:32 PM
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
This one is really easy for the kids to help with or even make themselves and little kids love these cookies.

1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

18 chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped

Preheat oven to 350

Mix first three ingredients. Shape into 1" balls. We used a 1" mellon baller, but little kids probably like to roll them into balls. If the dough is too sticky to form into a ball, refrigerate 1/2 hour or so until easier to handle.

Bake for 10 mins, remove from oven and press a chocolate kiss into the center of each warm cookie.

Note, I added 2 teaspoons of flour and a little tiny bit of vanilla just to be sure, but others didn't and said they turned out good with just the three ingedients.

B
B
Someone on MB gave me this one. Sorry, I forgot who. But it has been a favorite for my family.

Take some chicken breasts and put in baking pan and cover each one with a piece of swiss cheese. Then pour over a box of Stovetop dressing and a can or two of cream of chicken soup. Mix dressing and soup together, and cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.

It is simple and delicious. Only takes about a minute to throw together. I serve it with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. YUM.

M
M
THANKS for the GREAT RECIPES..keep em coming...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Believer I tried that recipe and it was really good and really, really easy. I only used two chicken breasts, one can of soup and a half of box of stuffing...only feeding two.

Here is another really easy one. I'm trying to make recipes with the least amount of ingredients as possible. LOL This one has a few more, but really easy, and very good.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
8 oz velveeta chees - cubed
10 ox can ro*Tel tomatoes adn chilies (or salsa)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 t cumin
1 t chili powder

salt & pepper to taste
cayanne peper or tobasco sauce to taste if you like spicy

Tortilla chips, crumbled or make deep fried tortilla strips

Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, for 3 mins.

Slowly whisk in small amounts of chicken broth at a time, then whisk in milk

Reduce heat to low and stir in Velveeta cubes; stir until melted.

Stir in Ro*Tel, chicken and spices

Once soup is heated through -

Spoon a ladleful of soup into bowl, add a hanful of shredded cheese, then spoon another ladleful of soup over chees.
Sprinkle tortilla strips or broken up tortilla chips over top.

M
M
It's not a RECIPE but you've gotta try JALAPENO PEPPER flavored Kettle Chips by the main name brand...

YUM...

I'm thinking about going out and buying some...

flirt

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
What's your FAVORITE DESSERT recipes?

R
R
This recipe is easy and good!

Crock Pot Stroganoff

2 lbs. stew meat
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups sour cream
1 beef bouillon cube

Cook on low for at least 8 hours in a crock pot. Stir a couple of times while cooking.

Serve over egg noodles.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
R
R
Bisquick Coffee Cake

Heat oven to 375°F.

Ingredients:

* Cinnamon Streusel (below)
* 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
* 2/3 cup milk or water
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 egg

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. Make Cinnamon Streusel; reserve.
2. Stir remaining ingredients until blended.
3. Mix in a 1/4 of the Streusel topping and spread in pan. Cover with Cinnamon Streusel.
4. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown, testing with a toothpick.

Cinnamon Streusel Topping

* 2/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (firm)

Mix all ingredients in small bowl until crumbly. Cutting them with a knife and fork helps separate the butter.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
M
M
YEA!! Thanks for the recipes!!

S
S
Originally Posted by mimi_here
What's your FAVORITE DESSERT recipes?
Death by Chocolate! (and it is super easy)
Dark chocolate cake mix
2 packets of chocolate mouse
1 large container of cool whip
(3) skor bars broken in pieces (or snickers, twix exc.)
1/2-1 cup kaula (sp?) or any flavored liquor (optional)

Bake the cake as directed and let it cool.
Mix mouse as directed on packet
After cake has cooled poke holes in cake and pour liquor over it evenly.
In a serving bowl (clear one looks best)
Crumble cake into a dish to make inch layer
Then a layer of mouse
then whip cream
then sprinkle candy top with candy bits
Repeat steps until you reach the top!

If you can't find mouse you can replace it with pudding but you need to add whip cream to the pudding or it will be too heavy. (1/2 pudding 1/2 whip cream)

Another one we like is the same type of thing only you layer....
Vanilla waffers (crumbling some to fill in the wholes between waffers.
Then vanilla pudding
Then banana slices
Then whip cream

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
My speed:

Hebrew National hot dogs, grilled or fried, not boiled...

naughty

-ol' 2long

S
S
Originally Posted by weaves
This one is really easy for the kids to help with or even make themselves and little kids love these cookies.

1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

18 chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
Do you know how freakin LONG I have been wanting this recipe? Every time I have these the person who made them says, its easy I will give you the recipe and they never do! I am talking over 10 years!
THANK YOU! I can't believe it is soooo easy, we have to make them this week... I promise I will be good and only eat 1/2 the batch.

Crap, where are my store ads? SOMEONE has to have kisses on sale this week pray

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
M
M
They were out of the JALAPENO chips today and had to get the MESQUITE flavored..not as good... :RollieEyes:

S
S
Ok I could be here forever listing things I love to cook but I will stick to my "quick and easy" stuff.

I love to make a home made italian dinner (ok I am Irish but I love food!) but I don't always have the time.
So I have some quick short cuts for an Italian dinner.
Frozen meatballs
store bought sauce
Fresh cooked chicken tenders from the deli (or frozen if you don't have fresh at the deli)
Shredded cheese parm/motz/romano or any of them.
pre-made garlic bread
grated parm cheese.
Box of your favorite pasta.

If you have time throw the frozen meatballs and sauce in a crock pot for an hour or 2. If not defrost the meatballs and put them in the sauce on the stove on simmer.
Cook pasta according to box directions.
Defrost chicken if frozen.
Place the chicken in a baking pan and cover the top with some sauce and generously cover with the shredded cheese. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
S
Originally Posted by mimi_here
They were out of the JALAPENO chips today and had to get the MESQUITE flavored..not as good... :RollieEyes:
Our favorite is salt and vinegar....YUMMY!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
M
M
My son likes the SALT AND VINEGAR, too...

flirt

W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
So does DD. I never eat chips myself. Do you know that I have never cooked with processed foods, like canned soups and fake cheese before just lately? I'm serious. But it's been kind of cool to learn how my Mom cooked (not my grandma) and every one else from the 70's generation.

I have always made everything from scratch, and I can see we are posting some pretty fattening chit here. Except hot dogs. Is hot dogs food real food? I don't know.

Next week I am going to post really healthy stuff because I fear we will all get fat and get cancer.

Oh crud, I gotta start right now.

Did you ever read the ingredients in a store bought loaf of bread? Did you ever wonder why it lasts so long without going bad????? hmmmm?

I am going to teach you all a fool proof way to make french baguettes from scratch. NO BREAD MACHINE.

Ingredients:

1 pkg dry yeast
2 cups warm water
4 to 5 cups of unbleached white flour
2 tsp kosher or sea salt
1 egg, beaten and with 1 tsp water

In a small bowl dissolve yeast with 1/2 cup warm water (tepid, NOT HOT) if it feel just slightly warm to the touch, your good. Set aside for ten mins.

Combine the flour and salt, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups warm water. Mix then add the yeast mixture.

NOTE: Now I do this by hand usually, sometimes with a Kitchen Aid and dough hook. I don't add all the flour if by hand because it is too hard to mix...say about 3 1/2 cups.

Then I move to a work area where I can incorporate the remaining flour and knead by hand. Should knead on a slightly floured board for about six mins. Should be sticky and smooth.

Do you guys know how to knead? It is really good for the breasts! No lie. Keeps 'em high and firm.

Put dough in a bowl that has been slightly doused with olive oil and roll it around to cover with oil. Cover with a damp tea towell until double in size. About one hour.

Punch down and divide into four pieces. Shape into baquettes and place on a oiled baking sheet. I also sprinkle some corn meal on the pan.

Cover with tea towell until almost double.

Place a small pan of hot water in a 450 degree oven (for a hard crust, soft center).

Brush egg/water mixter over loaves.

Bake for 15 mins and then lower temp to 400 and bake for about 5 to 10 more mins.

If they get too brown in your oven, cover towards the end with tin foil (loosely).

When golden brown and hollow when thumped, take out and cool on a rack.

If you really like these, get a special baguette pan as it keep them shaped more nicely.

I make bread about twice a week. All different kinds but these are so delicous and simple.

Last edited by weaves; 09/08/08 07:20 PM.
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
SOMEONE has to have kisses on sale this week

I know! Aren't they expensive? So are choco chips lately. I 'bout died last time I bought them. What, did they like quadruple in the last year?

M
M
I only eat 1 OUNCE of CHIPS..at a TIME ...that is...the problem is keeping up with the TIMES... :crosseyedcrazy:

edit:

nevermind, it wasn't that funny. Back 2 real recipies!

-ol'2long

Last edited by 2long; 09/09/08 11:20 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation