Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Wexwill Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Based on reading the posts on MBF and on my own experience, I come up with the following Five Twists of the Knife of Infidelity:<P>1st Knife Twist - Having an affair in the first place.<P>2nd Knife Twist - Denying your affair to your spouse when spouse knows the truth.<P>3rd Knife Twist - Calling your spouse crazy for believing that you're having an affair when you are.<P>4th Knife Twist - Affair pregnancy: getting pregnant by the OM (if you're a W) or getting the OW pregnant (if you're an H).<P>5th Knife Twist - Leaving your spouse for the OP.<P>I'm sure there are more. Anyone care to add a few of their own? R & B,<P>--Wex

T
T
The one most often told by the infidel to the betrayed - "CAN'T YOU JUST GET OVER IT"...<P>(P.S. - No, I can't, and I won't.)

S
SDS Offline
S
How about a twist for asking or filing for a divorce. How many twist will take to kill?<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

C
C
OK Wex, I'll play. How about the twist of the knife of not only your H but supposedly your best friend (OW) and both saying "Nothing's going on, why do you ask?" Then, not having the guts to come completely clean all at once, taking over a 3 month time period for me to learn it all. Doesn't hurt so much any more cause now he sees her for the trash she is, and knows he REALLY screwed up. Not angry, just still healing those wounds! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<P><BR>

T
Tom Offline
T
How about catching the two of them in the middle of having sex when your just starting to trust her again?

A
A
ok, here`s one,<P>how about the denial that you even had a problem at all... held in recentments, avoiding confrontation of ill feelings???<BR>yrs of this, until they just move on, no expressing it to you, and then just up and say I`m leaving, for another....!!!!

N
N
twist #236: attacking me for insulting your character by even insinuating that you could have a crush on someone, while all the while you are sleeping with her.

N
N
- Telling your spouse that it was her fault you left, rewriting the history of the marriage, telling your spouse that you were suicidal at the thought of waking up next to them for the rest of your life, while leaving out that it had anything to do with wanting to be with the OP instead. <P>- Telling all the children that you made a mistake marrying their mother, and telling your daughter that she should learn a lesson from this, that if you make a mistake you should "put your past behind you".

M
M
How about turning all your in-laws against you,by telling them half-truths,exaggerations,and a few outright lies,so they can justify breaking their marriage vows? --Murph

H
H
God brought us together!<P>She/he is my perfect soulmate!<P>I don't love you like a W/H!<P>I don't remember loving you like that!<P>I haven't loved you like that for years!<P>We didn't have sex, therefore, I didn't do anything wrong!<P>

Y
Y
ok, here goes:<BR>1. You're crazy, it's all in your head (even though, you have seen the Emails, phone records etc)<BR>2. OW tells you it's none of your business <BR>3. communicates with OW on our 14th anniversary, and doesnt even acknowledge our special day.<P>I have sooo much scar tissue on my heart fm all the wounds inflicted

K
K
Wexwill:<BR>I'll play too. How about another knife twist: "Oh, there was something in her eye". Oh please, how corny can you get. "Oh, I didn't even know her, I just met her a few minutes ago". "This is my best friend" (yeah, right), "Those are not my panties (male statement), they must be yours" (o.k, we never know what our own underwear looks like)<BR>"I'll be back, just going to the store for milk" (while he's dressed to kill with cologne on and disappears for an hour.<BR>"Oh, that is some crazy women on the phone who is chasing after me. She'll really obsessed with me. But, I don't particular like her" (Uh, yeah, o.k.)<P>I'm sure many of you heard these same lines. <BR>Oh, one more knife twist,...<BR>"That is not my baby she is carrying. I don't even really know her. She's lying."

S
S
How about the betrayer telling his spouse:<BR>"I exercised great restraint" (by not having actual intercourse with the ow)<BR>"I think I am a f----g hero" (again for not having intercourse with her)<BR>"It (the affair and filing for divorce) was the most courageous thing I have ever done"<BR>"Your pain has nothing to do with my affair -it comes from your past history of being raped as a child"

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation