Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2122947 09/07/08 06:19 PM
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Do you remember this story, although I first heard it as told about a Buddhist monk and an angry student wanting to test him.

The Gift of Insults

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There once lived a great warrior. Though quite old, he still was able to defeat any challenger. His reputation extended far and wide throughout the land and many students gathered to study under him.
One day an infamous young warrior arrived at the village. He was determined to be the first man to defeat the great master. Along with his strength, he had an uncanny ability to spot and exploit any weakness in an opponent. He would wait for his opponent to make the first move, thus revealing a weakness, and then would strike with merciless force and lightning speed. No one had ever lasted with him in a match beyond the first move.

Much against the advice of his concerned students, the old master gladly accepted the young warrior's challenge. As the two squared off for battle, the young warrior began to hurl insults at the old master. He threw dirt and spit in his face. For hours he verbally assaulted him with every curse and insult known to mankind. But the old warrior merely stood there motionless and calm. Finally, the young warrior exhausted himself. Knowing he was defeated, he left feeling shamed.

Somewhat disappointed that he did not fight the insolent youth, the students gathered around the old master and questioned him. "How could you endure such an indignity? How did you drive him away?"

"If someone comes to give you a gift and you do not receive it," the master replied, "to whom does the gift belong?"

D
D
That's a great story. I love it!!

And hug mimi hug

Charlotte

M
M
I KNOW, Weaves...I love your NEW NAME...

Today I've been reading THE GATHERING OF OLD MEN, recommended by Schoolbus...

I was STANDING TALL like those OLD MEN who had gotten tired of crawling under the bed...

CHECK OUT THE BOOK...

I appreciate YOU...

hug

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
it's actually "over here."

M
M
I was STANDING TALL

**** EDIT ****

Last edited by Choctaw; 09/07/08 06:32 PM. Reason: TOS Violation (Insulting)
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Do you? I don't. I still after all these year can't get used to using fake names. It still feels weird.

W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks, I changed it.

M
M
"Weaves" seems like a name that I can REALLY call you for some strange reason...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
Just a friendly reminder.

Veiled insults, blatant disrespect and character assassinations will not be tolerated. Please be respectful of your fellow MB members in your discussions.

The Harleys and the Mod staff thank you.

Carry on.

Choctaw
Marriage Builders Moderator

Choctawmb@gmail.com
W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Today I've been reading THE GATHERING OF OLD MEN, recommended by Schoolbus...

I was STANDING TALL like those OLD MEN who had gotten tired of crawling under the bed...
I will add it to the ever growing list you keep giving me. Long winter ahead stuck up here still, so will have lots of time to read. Thank you.

M
M
It will get you to thinking about the SOUTH, Weaves...moving there, the joy of learning about the history...

B
B
Mimi - Though I won't be voting for him because of the abortion issue, I greatly respect Obama. He has been interested in the common man since he was 23. He did community outreach when he was 24. Then he felt he could help people more if he went to law school.

After graduating, he went back to the projects to help out again. He could have had lots of good jobs, but his heart has always been with the downtrodden.

He is an outstanding American.

M
M
Oh, OK. It's back. I thought the thread was locked.

Yea. That's what I like about Obama, too, Believer!

M
M
He is an outstanding American.

Yes...he just happens to have belonged to a racist church, has a terrorist friend (William Ayers) and supports the murder of innocent children.

Other than that, he is a peach.

MBDB Moderator Reminder
by mimi_here
09/07/08 07:43 PM

crazy this might explain a few things

Last edited by medc; 09/07/08 07:09 PM.
B
B
If everyone remains respectful, the thread won't get locked.

I mean, I have respect for both candidates. I'm sad that anyone would think one or the other isn't an honorable man.

At least now.

D
D
If everyone remains respectful, the thread won't get locked.

Yeah, well, the mods may as well go ahead an lock it now.

Charlotte

M
M
I'm not going to talk about that anymore.

I was wanting to tell my friend, Weaves, about the novel and to tell her how much I APPRECIATE her.

I appreciate you, too, Believer.

How about some more dessert recipes?

That pound cake was a WINNER!!

B
B
MBDB Moderator Reminder
by mimi_here
09/07/08 07:43 PM

this might explain a few things

I noticed this as well.

Brokenhusband
Married 12 years
Me 35
DW 33
DD 12
DD 10
DS 8
M
M
I was just trying to email Choctaw to ask why the thread was locked but YEA..it wasn't...

Charlotte:

You keep making me get that Michael Jackson song in my head...DANCING MACHINE...

dance2

But I'm sure your DANCING is much better than the above...LOL...

M
M
If you REALLY knew me, you'd know that I'd be the LAST one notifying MODS..but we won't go there..back to the regularly scheduled program...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation