Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I am just wondering if she may consort with the Daily KOS-style democrats. They are rabid dogs who are not sophisticated or intelligent enough to hide their racism like some of the smarter ones.

Ah... those KOS kids are an unrefined bunch, eh?
Maraget Sanger realized the more subtle approach she employed with her 'Negro Project', of using prominent black citizens to soothe the fears of the blacks she hoped to eliminate, is so much more effective than outright racism, eh?

The only thing that excites PP more than a white pro-abort presidential candidate is a black one... the blacks will trust him afer all...

M
M
MM, little did Margie realize that those "weeds in the garden" could one day become a valuable and viable voting BLOC. TEEF

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Why is it I'm not getting emails of cartoons of McCain intimating that he's actually a monkey, as I do about Obama? IMO, that says it all.

I don't know what kind of e-mail list you've got yourself on, b/c I have NEVER seen or gotten ONE e-mail like that.

And I AM a political junkie.

It's weird how Obama keeps talking about how McCain is playing the race card, but is unable to site ONE example of it....

and now you're talking about receiving these strange e-mails.

How odd!
Not really. I have four friends who are die-hard Republicans and each one of them has sent me at least 4 or 5 emails in the past couple months, all of which are such cartoons, 'facts' about Obama similar to what is above, stating he's said he's going to hand over the country to Islamists, make it the national religion, is having affairs, etc. Each one of these emails has some sort of note at the bottom about having to save our country from ruin - pass this on to everyone you know so we'll all know the 'truth' about Obama. Each person who sends one is mass-mailing it to everyone they know. I've given up quoting Snopes back at them. They don't care.

The only things I have ever gotten from one of my Democrat friends was an announcement of an upcoming speech by one of our Representatives, and an invitation to a luncheon given in his honor.

M
M
Well, Mel, Mere, and I don't have any friends who would send us racist emails.

I wonder why your friends would think it would be ok to send you them.

M
M
oh ok, so now the story changes. [and I can't blame you] Your post here indicated you were getting RACIST emails from the other side:

Why is it I'm not getting emails of cartoons of McCain intimating that he's actually a monkey, as I do about Obama? IMO, that says it all.

What exactly were you trying to say here? You said this "said it all;" says WHAT exactly? Surely you were not calling the Republicans racists?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
This discussion is really SCARY and ILLUMINATING to me.

I will keep reading if not posting to learn more about CONSERVATIVE(?) thinkers?

I can't relate much to most that are posting HERE on this thread. Your views seem WAY DIFFERENT than mine.

I didn't think you were personally attacking ME, Mere.

I was asking would you do that to ME...but it doesn't matter...I was wondering if you do that to PEOPLE. And you don't really need or have to answer to ME. You don't really know ME.

I think what you said is considered PREJUDICIAL regarding ANYONE..white, black, green or blue..who calls themself "LIBERAL" because PREJUDICE is making a presumption about a GROUP of people...

I have HIGH REGARD and RESPECT for Michelle Obama, though. She and I do share common life experiences...I did a Sr. Thesis..but I can't remember it's title..

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
Just because your associates 'know better' doesn't mean it isn't getting done. I've been getting such emails bashing the Democrats from these ladies - and these are intelligent, educated people with high-level jobs - for almost 20 years. Doesn't matter who the Democrat in question is, I get tons of emails over the years from what is apparently a Republican-minded base of people who feel it's their duty to spread the 'truth.' Like I said, I quit rebutting with Snopes long ago; they never acknowledge it. Several times they've had things on them that suggest people like Rush Limbaugh urged them to send this out, name dropping etc. I don't even read them any more, just delete them. I've told them to remove me, but apparently they're just doing mass address book mailings. Pretty much ignored them and didn't waste my time responding to them, until I got the one that was a cartoon of Obama as part-monkey. A little too far, IMO.

M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I think what you said is considered PREJUDICIAL regarding ANYONE..white, black, green or blue..who calls themself "LIBERAL" because PREJUDICE is making a presumption about a GROUP of people...

Mimi, it is not prejudiced to make a GENERALIZATION. Inductive reasoning is based on the ability to generalize from past observations. A generalization only has to be valid if it describes the majority of the members of the group and the conclusion is supported by the evidence. For example, I could say "Mexicans have dark hair." It is understood that not EVERY Mexican will have dark hair, but that enough to make that an valid generalization.

I will keep reading if not posting to learn more about CONSERVATIVE(?) thinkers?

That is a great idea! I am a lifelong LIBERAL, raised by liberals, so I am very familar with both sides. The most notable difference I have observed is that conservatives are the SAME publicly as they are privately. What you see here is what you get. My experience inside the democrat tent was the EXACT OPPOSITE. They were completely different in public than they were in private. And I don't mean in MOOD, I mean in professing principles and beliefs. [meremortal, how do feel about that observation?]

I have been a conservative now for a decade. What's really amazing is being on the INSIDE over here and seeing how it really is, versus the urban myths I was raised to believe. They are nothing like what I was ever taught. NOTHING. They are very weird in many ways...

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by catperson
Pretty much ignored them and didn't waste my time responding to them, until I got the one that was a cartoon of Obama as part-monkey. A little too far, IMO.

catperson, I hope you are not implying that Republicans are racist, because that would be a bald faced lie. I have been over here on the inside for 10 years now and have not seen a shred of the racism that exists in the democrat party. It was RAMPANT over there.

Exposure 101

M
M
I get tons of emails over the years from what is apparently a Republican-minded base of people who feel it's their duty to spread the 'truth.' Like I said, I quit rebutting with Snopes long ago; they never acknowledge it.

Admittedly, I do receive urban myth emails, but not specifically from Republicans. Most over the years were from my father, a liberal, who believed anything and everything.

Most recently, I got one from my own very well educated uncle, the State Treasurer of a near by state! I even posted it here on the board and lousygolfer, I think, told me it was a fake.

Exposure 101

A
A
conservatives are the SAME publicly as they are privately. What you see here is what you get.

LMAO...

Newt Gingrich, Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Roy Cohn, Steve Aiken, Louis Beres, Ted Haggard, Jack Ryan, Neil Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Keith Westmoreland, Henry Hyde...

What you see is what you get, funny smile.

AGG

M
M
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
conservatives are the SAME publicly as they are privately. What you see here is what you get.

LMAO...

Newt Gingrich, Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Roy Cohn, Steve Aiken, Louis Beres, Ted Haggard, Jack Ryan, Neil Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Keith Westmoreland, Henry Hyde...

What you see is what you get, funny smile.

AGG

Funny, but TRUE. smile

edited to add:
A generalization is true based on the rule, not the exception, so trotting out a perceived exception does not disprove my point. You can't disprove a generalization with an exception, because the standard is not contingent upon the RULE.

Last edited by MelodyLane; 09/08/08 02:46 PM.

Exposure 101

M
M
Mel, any idea why the majority of AA vote democratic?

I've never understood it.

Can you understand what it is about this discussion that Mimi finds scary?

C
C
Pretty much ignored them and didn't waste my time responding to them, until I got the one that was a cartoon of Obama as part-monkey. A little too far, IMO.

catperson, I hope you are not implying that Republicans are racist, because that would be a bald faced lie. I have been over here on the inside for 10 years now and have not seen a shred of the racism that exists in the democrat party. It was RAMPANT over there.
I wasn't implying anything. I said that seeing that upset me. How is that implying anything?

It doesn't take a political party to make someone prejudiced or racist. (which are not the same, btw) I see it in every walk of life. You should hear the things that go on in D18's school, from all ethnicities; and IMO, they're all just echoing what they hear at home.

D18's godfather is black, and he owns a nightclub; naturally, it's segregated (all black patrons). When we go in there to visit him, you should see the way the people treat us. Until someone recognizes us, that is, and call out hello to us; suddenly, it's cool for us to be there. When he married his second wife, she told him in no uncertain terms that she didn't want us at their wedding. He apologized, and invited us to the reception. Strange world.

M
M
I wasn't implying anything. I said that seeing that upset me. How is that implying anything?

I am glad you weren't trying to imply that Republicans are racist because that would be a horrific lie. Thanks for clarifying your point.

It doesn't take a political party to make someone prejudiced or racist.[ (which are not the same, btw) I see it in every walk of life.

However, there are political parties that historically practiced INSTITUTIONAL RACISM in their ranks. They attracted racists because they ARE racist. A remnant remains, I assure you.

When we go in there to visit him, you should see the way the people treat us.

You know, I guess I just live in a great community, because it is not that way in my city, in my neighborhood. We are warm and friendly to one another. For the first time in my life, I was the only white person at the grand opening of my friends new buffet hall.[she is a very successful restaurant owner] To my amazement, I did not feel out of place. No one treated me any differently than anyone else. I told my gf later she was using me as her "token white person!" grin

Exposure 101

B
B
A generalization is true based on the rule, not the exception, so trotting out a perceived exception does not disprove my point. You can't disprove a generalization with an exception, because the standard is not contingent upon the RULE.
A generalization based upon anecdotal experience can be true or false. It is a casual observation subject to error. The premise "Republicans are less hypocritical than Democrats" is an opinion and not a rule.

M
M
Originally Posted by Brix
A generalization based upon anecdotal experience can be true or false. It is a casual observation subject to error. The premise "Republicans are less hypocritical than Democrats" is an opinion and not a rule.

Which would describe almost ALL generalizations, btw. There is no scientific basis or any claim of absolute truth. [as if there is scientific standard to measure hypocrisy] Therefore, "RULE" is not a statement of implied PROOF.

edited to clarify: you are right, this generalization IS an anecdote and admittedly so.

Exposure 101

K
K
****edit****

Last edited by Dufresne; 09/08/08 03:45 PM. Reason: TOS Violation

Divorced
M
M
Krazy, lets have a little history test and deal with RealTruth instead of DailyKos LoonyLeftTruth, shall we?

1. Who started the Ku Klux Klan?

2. What political party did he belong to?

3. which political party fought and died defending slavery?

4. which political party was FOUNDED to fight against slavery and fought and died trying to abolish it?

5. which political party's national convention was HOSTED by the Ku Klux Klan in 1929 in New Jersey?

6. which political party reveres a former Klan Kleagle [KKK recruiter] as the "conscience of the Senate?"

7. which political party lynched blacks in the south?

8. which political party fought against civil rights for blacks for years and only got it passed with the help and aide of their opponents?

Can ya answer that for me, Krazy? Ask your chums over on Daily Kos! grin

Exposure 101

D
dkd Offline
D
Krazy,

You sound like you're drinking the kool-aid. You're throwing out a lot of crap that I can't even come close to believing without any kind of evidence.

Most republicans live in small primarily white towns? Never heard that before.

Yes, I've heard that whites in small towns that aren't integrated tend to be racist, and that logical makes sense that it would be so.

Most people live in small towns because that's where they grew up. I really don't think people decide to move to a small town so that their can share their racism with those that agree with them.

Christians are especially racist? There are some for sure, and I would understand if Christians make up the vast majority of racists, and maybe higher then the percentage of Christians in this country. But to make a blanket statement like that about Republicans and Christians without backing it up is very irresponsible.

Me 38
Divorced 8/09
DS 10,6
DD 4
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 906 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation