Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Hi cyna!

We are settled in for the most part. I sold some of my furniture when we moved as this house is smaller so I still need to buy a few things and I want to do some painting, but other than that, it is home and we love it.

Kids start school next week. They are nervous but I plan to be very involved in their schooling so I will keep an eye on them.

Yes, it is a soap opera and one I am glad I am very far removed from. This move has done ME a world of good. I have been able to put so much behind me. BUT, I just am concerned for my kids and them being around her. Nothing I can do about it of course, unless I go back to court for full custody, and that is costly. I will just sit back and see what unfolds. It may be over again before it even starts. I don't put too much faith in either one of them!

11 hours huh? I did not see the paper to see what the times were for the winners. I have a HUGE respect for those who do those races. I am in ah at what good shape they are in!

Good to hear from you.

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

C
C
Originally Posted by mlhbisme
so, the exH and ow are back together.
unfreakin believable!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

this just proves that what he said to me all those years ago was true: he cares about no one else but number 1. because if he cared about his kids at all he would not have a woman in his life who has continually hurt our kids and threw them out of her home!

all i care about is protecting my children from his bad choices.

So, I was googling my name the other day, just because it had been mentioned to me that you could find out a lot about a person by doing that.

I scroll down a bit and lo and behold, there is my soon to be exh's name (it did matches on my full name, just my first name, and just my last name when I typed in my whole name) on a wedding registry page with ow!

Anyway, I click on the site of course as I just had to. It is pretty lame and pretty brief. Gives a wedding date of sept 12, 2008. Well, imagine that, our divorce isn't even final yet. LMAO!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After lmao, I realized how stupid she is. She just gave me exactly what I need to PROVE they were in an affair, as she put down the date they met and started dating!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Too funny. rotflmao

Something here doesn't compute.

C
C
Something here doesn't compute.

You are right.

It doesn't.

committed

M
M
all right. I get the picture and the point.

move on.

mlhb

C
C
all right. I get the picture and the point.

move on.

mlhb

Hopefully you do, can and will.

committed

T
OP Offline
T
MLHB -

This is the last I'm gonna say on the subject. When I found MB, I took everyone's comments/suggestions at heart and truly listened to what they had to say - and it helped me tremendously. I see that you seem to get upset and mad and then lock your threads. Why is that?

I think everyone here is trying to help - not attack - but you interpret everything as an attack - and your responses sure indicate your tone, when you don't like what it said.

I had posted about some BF troubles a while ago, and AGoodGuy pretty much ripped me a new one. After a day or two of contemplating his advice - guess what? He was right. I think I jumped back on a few days later and admitted to such, and thanked him for his advice...........

It saddens me that you seem to be stuck in the same patterns.....

So, as you suggested, I will move on......hopefully you will to.

Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
M
M
Truly,
I had my thread locked because I didn't want it to turn into something ugly or get drawn out. I have a complete difference of opinion on some of the things that were said and I did not feel like arguing about it.

I do hear what some are trying to say, those who say it in a constructive and non-aggressive rude way. Although I am sure committed means well, her posts to me always come across, in my opinion, as kind of rude. Nothing against you committed, I am sure you are a fine person, I just do not see eye to eye on much of what you say. That's just me. You are not right or wrong and neither am I, I just don't agree with you. Period. And that's ok.

Truly, I did not want to beat a dead horse either. No, my divorce is not final. It is not because it sits in the hands of a judge who is NOTORIOUSLY SLOW at signing divorces. I was warned this by my lawyer and even know on of our local cops who could not have any pull with the judge to get his own divorce signed any faster. He takes months and months to sign them. My ex and I have been apart for three years now. And my moving has helped me tremendously to move forward.

I just don't see my clicking on a wedding registry and finding it's contents amusing, as me taking steps back or being wrong. I found it funny is all and thought others would see the humor in it as well. I came across it quite accidentally, and just thought it funny. I think people are looking wayyyyyyyy too much into this.

Do I think I am ready to date at this very single moment? No I do not. I have PURPOSELY not dated since exbf and I broke up over a year ago so I could work on myself and my life and make it what I want it to be. I have sold a house, moved a new location, done well in my job, and want to finish my bachelors so I can have the career I want to have. I put all of my other energy into my kids and make sure they have the best childhood they can have despite what they have been put through.

Maybe I am not 150% recovered but who here is?
I would venture to say that a lot of us here would look at a wedding registry that had our exes and ow's name on it, because curiosity is a part of human nature.
And I just think a bigger deal was being made out of my thread than needed to be.

I am not angry at anyone, I just don't want drama on here either by having ME and my actions be over analyzed.

So, yes, let's all move on.

mlhb

M
M
Good Old Agg....

I will agree with you on that Truly...
As much as I tease him and tell him he is a stick in the mud (affectionately of course), he was right on the money with me in the past as well, as much as I did not want to admit it at the time. He was dead on. Shoulda listened...

I do deserve some 2x4s I get. We all do at times.
If not, we'd all just be perfect wouldn't we? And Lord knows we are not.

Anyway, on a brighter note, check out my weekend plans on Daybreak's thread... my son rocks!

T
OP Offline
T
Tee hee on AGG -

I remember when he told me like it is - I was screaming at the computer screen - shaking my fists - screaming "who in the h*ll does he think he is???".........

Then, I said "well, he's right".....I was banging my head against the wall......

I HATE 2X4's......

Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
B
B
MLHB,

It's important not to allow ourselves to be drawn back into the drama of our exes. I had a recent reminder of this and have resolved to only discuss for business purposes anything with the XW and her band of group psychosis.

My dear old Mom told me something that sticks with me: Our exes are free to choose post-divorce who they want a relationship with. It's a way of letting go.

You still have anger and you allow them to draw you into their drama. The same for you know who, don't allow him to draw you into his drama. I'm sure you have enough drama in your life to not want to add anymore to it!

You are not defined by their behavior. It has no reflection whatsoever on you. Lead a good life and that's satisfaction enough.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
C
C
Originally Posted by booka
You still have anger and you allow them to draw you into their drama. The same for you know who, don't allow him to draw you into his drama. I'm sure you have enough drama in your life to not want to add anymore to it!

... speaking of which, read ronda's thread lol

FBH, 39
Now a primary custody dad
New life began June 2008
A
A
Originally Posted by TrulyHappytoBe
Tee hee on AGG -

No wonder my ears were burning smile .

I remember when he told me like it is - I was screaming at the computer screen - shaking my fists - screaming "who in the h*ll does he think he is???".........

Oh, trust me, he's no smarter than the rest of y'all.. it's just that he has BTDT, got the t-shirt, learned to identify the detrimental behaviors, and to change them. Now, life is good and drama free, ahhhhhhh smile .

AGG

M
M
Hey AGG, you old stick in the mud! How the heck are ya?

I agree with you all. Thank you Booka, you are totally right.

I was temporarily side tracked but thank you all for setting me straight.

onward and forward, onward and forward...

mlhb

M
M
charlie 3

no offense, but please do not cause trouble where there isn't any.
it is a free forum where anyone can post.

thank you
mlhb

C
C
yea... my bad

FBH, 39
Now a primary custody dad
New life began June 2008
M
M
thank you.

i would appreciate the past situation being left in the past.

i have not read alluring's thread nor do i plan to. her business is her business and mine is mine. we have that understanding.

thank you again for respecting that.

mlhb

B
B
Originally Posted by charliethree
yea... my bad

You might want to re-examine your motives in trying to bait mlhb. I won't tell you that I thought it wasn't very emotionally mature, no I won't.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
M
M
On a different topic now.

If you pray, please keep me in your prayers.
I went to the doctor after experiencing some bizarre symptoms this summer. Long story short, I have been diagnosed with venous insufficiency. It is poor circulation in my lower legs. Not caused by anything I have done (I don't smoke and very rarely drink, maybe once a year at best, and try to take good care of myself), it is just something that happened. I have always had issues with water retention in my lower legs (ankles and feet) so the symptoms have always been there, they have just gotten worse as time has gone on.

The doctor said I will always have it. I have to try and keep my feet up at work and he prescribed a fluid pill. I have been drinking more water too. It is just something I will have to live with, but it was scary to me just the same. It is not anything real serious, but good thoughts are always good.

It just really makes you look at yourself and what maybe you could be doing better in the health department. I am going to make eating healthier more of a priority now and make sure to get in that exercise every day.

It's nothing terribly serious, but just shows me I am not invincible and I am not 20 years old anymore :-(

Thanks!

mlhb

M
M
thanks for watching out for me booka!
always appreciated.

mlhb

M
M
Whether it matters or not...

I am stuck in divorce limbo, and am involved in a loving relationship with the most amazing man I have ever known. I would give anything on this Earth to have my marriage be over, but thanks to the slowest justice system in the world, here I sit waiting.

Am I an adulterer? Not at all. And, not one of you can tell me I am.

I find it hilarious that people judge others so openly. You have no idea why the situations are as they are, and unfortunately, it is out of our control at times.

MLHB... I would have clicked on the link too, cause it would have been funny to see what kind of crap they are hoping to get as gifts. Hope the info helps in your divorce situation. wink

FBS - 28

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation