Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Dear MB Friends,

A long time has passed since I found this website, and found the Harley concepts and methods for rebuilding the marriage that was left in shambles after my husband's affair.

When I first came here and started lurking right after d-day in November of 2005, I never thought that I would find the people and help that I found. I thought all was lost in my marriage, and that there was no way that I could possibly save what I thought my husband had thrown away - a 30 year marriage. I was lost, I was desperate, and I was broken.

I began reading and lurking. I registered. I read every single thread as a lurker, afraid to post. I lurked for awhile, then posted. I was a mess, and didn't know what I was doing, but learned and I stayed, and I kept coming back, because there were people here who made sense.

They made sense because they read the materials from the Harleys, and they read so much more! They recommended books and materials on the threads. I read those. I did worksheets and homework. I did EN's, I learned about DJ's, POJA, O&H, and LB's, and even worked up a very nice Plan FU of my own. naughty

Without MB, I know in my heart that I would not be where I am emotionally in dealing with the affair today. I would not be able to work through the occasional sightings of OW. It would be impossible for my H and me to talk openly about our EN's, about the A, and about our dreams for our marriage -

and we most certainly would not know how to make those dreams come true.

Because of MB, we do know how to make those dreams come true.

In the midst of all of this, my husband was struck with cancer. We have walked the road to recovery from the A, and the road to recovery from the C. Both recoveries are successful, and it is time to move forward.

Now, my H and I must walk a new road together. This road takes us into the future, and as part of that road, I need to leave MB behind. The time I spent here has given me emotional strength, and I feel that I also have supported some people in their walk on their road to recovery as well. I hope I have helped! I leave here feeling stronger and happier, and knowing that if ever I have a friend in need of marriage support, this is the place to send them.

There are people I need to thank. I know I will leave someone out, and I would love to thank each of you individually by name, but I know I can't do that. As a group, thank you to the "vets", who stay here every day, year after year, and offer their time and wisdom to people like me. You don't even know me, and yet you give to me - despite the flak you get so much of the time - and you come back anyway. You all don't get thanked enough, and I thank you for everything you've given me.

Thanks especially to the Harleys. May God bless you and your families, your employees, and the work you do here. You have made a difference in my life, and I thank you from the depths of my heart. My family has been saved because of your work, and I owe you a debt I cannot repay.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Goodluck and thanks for your help.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
S
S
OMG SCHOOLBUS!!!! :(PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE DO NOT LEAVE YET!!!

YOur words have changed my life- just as you say others have changed yours. i feel that you know me down to my very soul and when i feel like i am drowning - i come here and your answers soothe my soul.

my heart is beating fast - i dont know how i will make it through the rest of my recovery without you--- can your reconsider???

i feel like i am losing one of my closest friends.

my H and i print out your posts and talk about them.

i feel lost.......

SF55

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.
M
M
Good luck and God Bless, my dear friend, schoolbus! smile {{{{{{{{{{schoolbus}}}}}}}}}}}

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
I'm a newbie and have really enjoyed your posts. Your words have helped me a great deal. Thank you and good luck to you and your family.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
I wish you ALL THE BEST that LIFE has to OFFER!!

I was just getting to know you but feel BLESSED by what you have shared with me.

Speaking for ZILLIONS OF US..the DOOR is ALWAYS OPEN for your return!!

hug

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
i, too, am sad that you are leaving, schoolbus. cry

my H and i are fairly new still to MB but you have helped both of us while we get started on this road to recovery...

i thank you for the few times you have posted to me. you always knew just what to say. you have so much insight and you express yourself so well.

there have been times when my H gets up from the computer after you have posted to him and he says: 'wow, she hit it on the head.'

i thank you for helping him see clearly. i hope he will review your posts to him as we continue on this road.

i, myself, will review your posts as well..... never hurts to re-focus yourself on what's supposed to be the goal.....a better marriage. (thanks for today's)

well, you have been through so much....an A AND C with your husband.... you are one strong puppy! i hope i exhibit great strength and tenacity as you have in working towards a better marriage.....and a better me.

I, too, am grateful for MB and hope we can continue with Jennifer as she coaches us through this tough time of withdrawal and fog.

thanks again, schoolbus, for your help. i'm sure you have helped more people than you know... May God bless you greatly....

thanks for giving.... and thanks to your H for letting you continue to help others as long as you have.....

you will be missed tremendously! wish you could stay to help us further along...

2b1again

BS (Me) 44
WH 43
Married: 23 yrs
3 kids (20/18/14)
D-Day: 05/20/07
1st NC est: Aug 07
Contact broken: Oct 07 (BS unaware until 5/08)
2nd NC est: Apr 08
Phone call to end contact (by OW): 5/25/08
J
J
Just wanted to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your wonderful insights and support for me and so many others.

You will be particularly missed, but my hope and my prayers will be with you and your family. I'm truly blessed to have 'lurked' some of the threads you've contributed to.. and doubly so to have had your insights added to my own.

Thank you again, so much.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
J
Oh no... cry I will miss your posts, they are so insightful! I love reading them...

I wish you all the best. You deserve it. hug

If you decide to drop in every now and again, we would certainly be blessed. If that isn't what's best for you, then know that you have already blessed so many.

If you ever write a book, please let us know!

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
D
D
Oh SB!

I'm so pleased for you both!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
F
F
You have posted to me only a handful of times. But, each posting has been soooo thought out and full of insight and kindness. Thank you so much. I wish to have the forgiveness and peace in my heart that you have. You are a true inspiration.

Me 44, H 42, DS 16, DS 13
H/EA 4/07, D Day 10/17/07..
500th d-day 10/14/08...
NO RAIN...NO RAINBOWS!
E
E
Like Fiori, you have only posted to me a few times also SB, but I have always, always found your posts, to me or not, one of the most enlightening ones on the board.

You posted to me when things were at their darkest, and I took to heart a lot of what you said, and took your advice-- and it genuinely helped. For that I will be forever grateful.

You will be truly missed.

Thank you SB. It is sometimes amazing how people you don't even know can change your own life and attitudes so dramatically.... hug

E.

Q
Q
Schoolbus,

I remember how I too looked forward to when you took the time to post to me. Your words and insight brought such comfort and help to keep me steady to the task and moving forward even when I had no desire to live. The most wonderful part on here is that we all do understand how each one of us has been helped by you and so many others because because we first were the recipients of that help and we experienced the understanding of what a truly blessed place this is.

Your kindness in giving and time and effort are a testament to the person you are and probably always will be. I can only imagine that your journey while on here and probably for so many of us is not long enough because we still need you, has been hard, excrutiatingly painful at times and today is joyful in so many ways. Because you have like the book says, Survived the Affair.

You didn't just give us fish to each, you have taught us threw patience, time, understanding, prodding, thoughtfulness etc to fish ourselves and that gift will last us forever in our lives. I am a better person because of you and countless others.

You will always have a home here, your wisdom needed and your love wanted. Take care of yourself and have comfort in knowing you are one of G-d shining examples of his glory of good people in his land.

{{{{{{{{{{{Schoolbus}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
W
W
Oh, schoolbus, I hate to see you go. You are irreplaceable around here. Your posts have always inspired me to dig a little deep, understand myself and others a bit more.

I understand your need to move forward, however. Thank you for all the time and effort you have blessed us with.

You are one of a kind and I wish you and yours all the best that life has to offer.

Take care,
Fox

I
I
Best of luck Schoolbus.

I wish you well.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
P
P
SB, I hope everything is okay on this "new road". You will sorely be missed. I love reading your posts because of their insight and depth. You are a uniquely talented writer and with a wonderful talent for "seeing" people just through their own writings.

Hate to see you go but understand. hug (s)

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
Schoolbus:

Tell us it hasn't left the station!

But I understand if it does.

Lots of folks to help here, so little time, and to mnay distractions from the MB goals sometimes.

Hope to see you posting some updates on occasions. This is a long road, and we never really seem to get off of it.

LG

S
S
Thanks for everything, Schoolbus. You'll be sorely missed, but I certainly understand the need to move on.

Still, I hope to see you around every now and then. Good luck.

SDG.

N
N
((((((School))))

(I tried to post this a couple of days ago, but it didn't go, so I am gonna try again, even if I am a day late and a dollar short...)

I came here in Dec. 08, a devastated, lost and broken soul. Within 24 hrs. of my very first post, you replied. That reply was the one that started me on my path to personal and marital recovery. For that I am indebted to you. Your wisdom and strength you have shown on these boards is amazing. You are an inspiration to all BS on here.

The last couple of days I have gone back and read some of your first posts. Back when YOU were a newbie and muddling your way through the muck of affairs. I love doing that....it shows just how similiar we all are in a way and that there is HOPE out there......

You will be missed but never forgotten. May you and yours have the GRANDEST OF JOURNEYS together.....

not2fun

W
W
Dear schoolbus

Now, my H and I must walk a new road together. This road takes us into the future, and as part of that road, I need to leave MB behind. The time I spent here has given me emotional strength, and I feel that I also have supported some people in their walk on their road to recovery as well. I hope I have helped! I leave here feeling stronger and happier, and knowing that if ever I have a friend in need of marriage support, this is the place to send them.

I wanted to post just to say a couple of things to you

One I am happy for you that you are on the path of happiness in your own life and I wish you well and much happiness ahead.

Two, there are no words that I can use to Thank you for the support, courage and wisdome that you have shown me in my deepest darkest hours. Every time I saw a post from you I knew there would be "gold"en informaton contained within so that I could dig my self up from the hole I found myself in. So as you leave I want you to know that even though I dont know you (or even your name for that matter) I feel like I am saying farewell to a good friend.

Farewell my friend and best wishes and I hope you leave here with a smile knowing that you have been helped and you have helped many in turn. You did good smile and I know you will continue to do the same in RL.

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation