Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
OP Offline
R
I hope ya'll are okay. I read tomorrow mid-day is when they predict Ike hits Texas. Many prayers for you and your families.

CNN - Hurricane Ike

Jo

C
C
Thanks Jo. We thought it would go through less populated areas, but looks like we're getting it straight through Galveston and Houston. We're on the north side of Houston, so we've invited our southern friends for sanctuary, but they've all elected to stay home. They are in the 10-15 foot storm surge, and they are at sea level to begin with, and within 5 miles from bay waters, so it'll be anybody's guess if they get washed away. Lines and lines at the gas stations, and stores were selling out of water, pop tarts, bread and peanut butter. Wish us luck everyone!

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Catperson,

So glad you let us know how you're doing. I sure hope Ike loses momentum before it hits land. And I'll remember your southern friends in my prayers.

Take good care, CP.

Jo

E
E
Hunker down, and take care catperson! Didn't know you were a Texan...

E.

M
M
We are south of Houston but are hunkered down and ready! flirt

see how ready laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
LMAO!

From the pic, looks like you're covered then right Mel? LOL

:crosseyedcrazy:

S
S
Praying for all of you out there...We're already feeling it in Houma, LA...wind and rain...keep us posted, you are in our thoughts here!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
E
E
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We are south of Houston but are hunkered down and ready! flirt

see how ready laugh

Luv it!

E.

C
C
Originally Posted by Strivn4Better
Praying for all of you out there...We're already feeling it in Houma, LA...wind and rain...keep us posted, you are in our thoughts here!
Hasn't even rained yet in Houston.

S
S
LMAO...I loved how prepared you all are...

The winds probably about 50 mph and that rain is whipping...comes and goes of course...

Thomas Carlyle
D
D
Thank you, Jo!! kiss

We are 50 miles west of downtown Houston. Our PD wants us to evacuate to Belton. AIN'T happenin'!!!! rotflmao

I don't know...I feel like I've been hearing Chicken Little running around all day yelling, "The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!"

Charlotte

M
M
What?? Your PD must be crazy.. crazy I heard on the news that fleeing traffic was bad out by you, Charlotte.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What?? Your PD must be crazy.. crazy I heard on the news that fleeing traffic was bad out by you, Charlotte.

Heck yeah they are!! crazy

I'm sure it still is. It was REALLY bad on I-10 when I snuck back into town after coming home the back way on 1093...(nuthin' but SMOOOOOOOOTH sailin' alllllll the way on that road!!)

I imagine it still is...I keep hearing sirens flying by and engines rumbling...I live pretty close to 10, unfortunately!

Charlotte

A
A
We are out in San Antonio. Not expecting much atleat thats what the news says. 40mph wind and 2-4 inches of rain come friday late night unto Saturday morning. But all set here

Love the readiness you have Mel smile

Last edited by A_pretty_face; 09/11/08 11:34 PM.

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
C
C
We went to San Antonio last summer on a college hunt, and they had just had a bad rain. I swear, we had to deal with a road turning into a river. Literally.

A
A
lol...Yep thats us low laying streets that you can swim in when it rains.

As long as they keep the Dams open enough it will be alright. It was horrible in 98.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
D
D
Originally Posted by catperson
We went to San Antonio last summer on a college hunt, and they had just had a bad rain. I swear, we had to deal with a road turning into a river. Literally.

Yeah, it gets really scary there and around Austin & San Marcos, Canyon Lake, etc. with all the rivers and stuff.

C
C
My mom used to live at Canyon Lake. I love that place. Haven't been tubing in 30 years...and Wurstfest!

A
A
We have been talking about going tubing about every summer and never do it... maybe one day!!!

DH spent all afternoon and evening making sure the stores in Houston and Galveston were packed up. Just finished about an hr ago... I hope everyone out there will be safe...

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
S
S
LOL...WOW, I was all in you guys terrority last week for Gustav...I went visit my mom in Jourdanton/Pleasanton...

Only had I known...we could have had a hurricane party there...it was no fun when we returned home...I knew I should have picked up some beer before I headed back...

It's so great to have power back and be able to socialize with you all...I was lost I tell you.. rant2

Thomas Carlyle
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 207 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation