Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 100 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 99 100
B
B
Must be good news- she's hungry.............

C
C
Yeah...that or she's stressing and eating.

However, since she made a joke, I guess she's doing ok. I did, however, notice her obviously ignoring my questions.

A
A
Rella!!!

good to be back and catch up on the gang!!

Liz is happily IM'ing lover boy and probably wouldn't notice if the house burnt down around her lol laugh

Of course she has missed a few meals but then thats not unknown during such times. But she is pretty happy.... on scale of 1 to 10 shes about 12 hurray

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Kids! grin

AW, not being silly here - serious as a heart attack - how are you doing? I wish I could come and give you a good hug and have a cuppa. It would be good for you.

Got any scones? I've got some pastries.

A
A
I guess.. well ... I guess I am doing right now.

having Mikey to look after has kept me and Liz for that matter on the hop.

The coffee and chat sounds wonderful ....... but the cooking is out I'm afraid. I really do need to do some shopping besides what we have for Mikey. You sort of forget to eat while you sit and wait.

I've got water crackers & cheese. smile hang on the cheese is mouldy .... blue vein anyone??? sick

fruit ... veges ... something frozen I think its chicken breast ... not sure I want to thaw it out to find out :RollieEyes: ..... want a slice of pizza instead?? grin

I wonder where I can get some stuff before mum comes over tomorrow? think crazy

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Well, instead of scones, pastries, and tea, I settled for a cup of coffee w/ Italian sweet cream flavored creamer and some ciabatta bread, toasted w/ three small slices of salami on it. I heated the salami in the microwave to melt most of the fat out of it. It was a tasty experience.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I guess your welcome home eggplant parmesiano dinner is plain ruint now. sigh

Maybe you would've been better off with your guac and dog years must be dead shirt. Isn't he older than you? So in dog years he's deader.

AW, so good to see you here and in spirits. Not that kind of spirits, naughty girl. Don't bother shopping. You can shop till the cows come home, and Mum will still know. Somehow.

I find myself in full agreement of your suggestion of Mom taking her own food to the banquet. Even if she just stops at Sandwich Mike's or wherever it was, and brings a sub in her pocket. I guess in Hawaii, eggplant parmesiano is a delicacy, not any of that boring old Island Food.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
I forgot to tell you that after I'd introduced my son to the Sipper of Nectar (from many flowers!), I leaned over to him quietly and whispered, "Neakbro, meet your Not-Father." laugh

I am SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not hungry any more. I don't even care if they have eggplant parmesan at the banquet. Chinese restaurant Friday night. Japanese church potluck Sabbath AM. Talk-story potluck in the evening. Banquet tonight. I'm so stuffed I'm thinking of having my head fastened to a wall plaque and hung in my living room like a moose trophy.

Today we're going to the Dole pineapple fields and Haleiwa to have shaved ice at the original shave ice stand. I'm going to have pineapple on a stick--dipped in chocolate. Did I mention that I'm a hypocrite, too? blush At least this stuff is light and not at all illing. That's my defense and I'm sticking to it! kiss

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
At least this stuff is light and not at all illing.

So you are feeling well then?

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
stickoutstickoutstickoutstickoutstickoutstickoutstickoutstickout stickoutstickout

If you're not nice to me, and keep up this mockery of my aging verber skills, I'm going to tell everybody how you had to play, 3 WHOLE TIMES, the introduction to your special music at church yesterday because you couldn't remember the first line of your song.

But if you're nice to me, I won't let on about it, and it can stay just OUR little secret. OK? kiss

T
T
I'll also tell how poor Neaksis kept putting the microphone up close to your face, every time she thought the introduction was over and you were about to sing, but then each time you kept on playing and confusing the dickens out of her. But this is your choice. Whether I tell or not is entirely up to you... rotflmao

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
:MrEEk:

I'll be nice. Just don't tell.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
OK, your wish is my command...

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If you had told it, which it's a good thing you didn't, you might have added that it was a good thing I was my own accompanist, since knowing there was a problem allowed me to proceed immediately back through the intro, without any of those long, telltale pauses.

I may need to put a disclaimer at the bottom of all my posts for now. This dumb laptop keyboard is not typing all the letters I'm pressing. It's making me really mad, since I have typos that are NOT MY FAULT in every other word.

I will quit correcting myself for a minute and see how it does. Oh. Well just because it works for a second desn't mean everything is fine. Maybe I'm just pounding a little extra hard right now from agiation. Hey, I KNOW I pushed tat t and tha h. Really, I'm not making this u. The keys clck and everything. I mayhave to start poundig likeon one of the old keyboards. (In case you didn't notice, the space bar doesn't always go when it's deessed. Of coure none of us respond so well when deprssed.)

So it's off to bedd bye forme, when I will dream awful dreams of dancing missing letters and malevolent space bars. I do't type nearly as fast when I keep having to backspace all te time and fix stuff. Except thatnow that I'm not fixing stuff I have so mch more freedo and am almost as fast as before, exceptmy hands keep hesitating from wanting to go back and fix stuff. Other than that, it's nice to have a tur with the laptop. Turn. A urn wit the laptop.

It' no me, I swear i's not!!!!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Even Neakbro smiled, reading that last post. Well, the big party is come and gone. I didn't get $75 worth of actual food, but what I ate was very high quality (fruit, bread, salad, dessert). I sat at the same table with Auntie T and Uncle P, who surprised me by being here for the weekend. Cousin R is now the chief of surgery at the local military hospital. He and Neakbro shared visits over the potluck yesterday. I also ate with 4 other people from my graduating class, plus visited with my first boyfriend from sophomore year. Got a nice kiss from his wife, too, for no reason I can think of except this is Hawaii and everybody kisses all the time. Poor Neakbro has had his stick-like reserve breached repeatedly by friendly people who wanted to welcome Susan's son! rotflmao It was a real treat to watch...

C
C
Y'all take care today. I gotta do a better job pretending to work.

D
D
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Not that I'm bitter! rant2

I'd be.

Its.

All.

About.

The.

Food.

(if'n you don't believe me, ask StillSeeking)

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
pray We all need good food pray

S
S
I would have eaten the eggplant, and loved it.

Sometimes it's all about the food. Especially when I'm at Kimmy's house having dinner. Of course, the company often makes the food into a much more wonderful meal.

Sometimes my mind is on other things and I barely know I am eating, or have eaten.
I have eaten my share of MRE's. I doubt Kimmy will ever serve them at her house, but they work when your body needs energy.

I have been reading, and enjoying. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE.

Would have loved to hear the intro played three times. I wonder how many people even knew what was going on.
(Edited to add - I think Neak is still trying to do too much, in too little time. Know it won't change any time soon though.)

Would like to meet T&L's sons, and hear their side of the story.

I know Cinderella doesn't just "pretend" to work.

Hope all of AW's family will be healthy soon.

SS

Last edited by still seeking; 09/15/08 02:13 PM.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
D
D
I doubt Kimmy will ever serve them at her house, but they work when your body needs energy.

Not at my HOUSE.

But I have about a million in the camper.

Hey...you know...there might come a time when we might NEED them.

But the packet that makes about 2 gallons of gravy still makes me wonder why the Wookie bought it.

Even with 5 kids, who needs that much gravy?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 39 of 100 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation