Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 100 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 99 100
A
A
"Do you like her?"
"No. ....................... I LOVE her. She is so byoofull."
:RollieEyes:

and so it begins lashes

rotflmao

been there ... done it ... sent them to the altar sigh wink

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
I didn't realize The Dervish was old enough to be sent anywhere but to his room! :MrEEk:

S
S
Sounds like the D is beginning to appreciate the fairer sex already. Good for him.

I always hope it (appreciation and respect) will start with their mothers, and their sisters, but usually not.

Number two son (and family) are visiting us this weekend from Phoenix AZ. His W is in a triathlon tomorrow. Tomorrow night we celebrate three B-days with a dinner at another son's house. Actual B-days are today (Friday) then Sunday, and next Wed, but we'll celebrate them all tomorrow.

I continue to be thankful that the injured members of AW's family are improving. I hope Aussie has his sense of humor back.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
So, in all those years, I still haven't gotten me one of those marriages to build. What's with that?

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

I have thought about this ever since you posted it. Because I'm a guy (fix it man) I want to comment at length, and say all kinds of nice things to cheer you up. Probably best to leave it at hugs, but remember that people do care. I suspect the others here didn't know what to say, but I know they care too.

May all of you have a wonderful weekend.
God be with you.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
I'm not worried about it. God sends all things needed - and in due season.

It's really quite ok.

F
F
I hope Aussie has his sense of humor back.
I doubt he ever lost it! :RollieEyes:

Hiya SS! grin

((Cinders)) Once your kiddos are on their own you and the diplomat can actually live in the same city and make a go of building a marriage.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
Probably he didn't loose it, but I don't know details either. I had one operation where I lost mine for a while.

Good to see you FF. I see you post from time to time, and hope things are just fine at your house. Or better.

SS

C
C
That's what has me bummed seriously. I have angered and disappointed and inconvenienced The Diplomat. I've got to go do some serious work on myself.

:twobyfour:

S
S
I've got to go do some serious work on myself.

Applies to me also. You are not the only one.

I would tend to think you can get where you want to be. Interesting words that you used. Provokes thought.

SS

C
C
Fortunately, I accept responsibility for this particular weakness and I am willing to work hard. My weakness is in an area of his strength. If I take it in baby steps, I can do this! :twobyfour:

I talked to him today and his anger and irritation is waning. smile

I no longer think I <3 him. crazy

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Neaksis made a new special today, Forest Fire Soup, as she calls it. It's edible, but has a certain aroma. As the Princess asked, "Why does this smell like a motel?"

I had a non-triumph of my own - a batch of zuchinni bread that went inexplicably very wrong. It never rose at all. It just kind of spread out wide and flat like it was trying to take over the world, but died right at the beginning of the effort. It was horrible. And yes, I put in the baking soda AND the baking powder. Neaksis thinks it may have been too much oil. Who knows?

So anyway, this same Princess was eating the zuke "muffins" this morning, and expressing admiration for them. She said they were fine if you cut off the lower portion. Did I mention I burned some of them too? That wasn't the cause; it was only adding insult to injury.

Then a few minutes later, she loudly announced, "I'm going to slice off my bottom."

Batting a thousand is that little gal.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C

A
A
Spoke to Aussie on the phone for a little bit today. Wouldn't say too much about himself. We had a lovely talk for about 15 min or so then he was falling asleep.

Aussie reminded me of when he was assigned to go to Afghanistan this last time ... I think mentioned back then how upset Mikey was.. well Aussie reminded me of it in phone call today ..... we.... Mikey myself Liz and most of the family were saying good-bye.... Mikey then coming on three was holding on to his leg and pleading with Aussie not to leave. "No ...Da... no!" he kept repeating.

We were beginning to make a scene when Liz our older daughter, desperate to calm him, said, "Let Daddy go and I'll take you to get you a McDonalds burger and chips."

Immediately Mikey loosened his death grip .... stepped back and in a calm voice said, "Bye, Da." Aussie thought it was so funny & said humorously that it was good to know his place in Mikey's mind.

Then he asked me do you think he remembers me? This one I could answer, Mikey has a photo of his dad which he carries around and tells everyone he meets .. "My da" so proudly.

Its one of those things kids do and you never think much about it. But now I can't think why I didn't think it was so important. I just never thought it was unusual. God we need that man home.

Soon... not long to go.

Love

AW

B
B
Glad Aussie is doing better!

My sons loved McDonalds and would have had the same reaction. Here McD's has a happy meal with a toy. They always loved that.

C
C
Do I need to come and break his trigger finger? I hope he is through with deploying!!!! I want him home with his family!!!!!!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
hurray dance2 hurray dance2 hurray

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm going to kill AJ if I don't die laughing first.

We were on the phone together when the Dervish came out, not in bed AGAIN, with his face all wrinkled up and clutching him, uh, self.

"What's wrong, Dervish? Why are you out of bed?"
~groan of pain and anguish~ "I sprayed perfume on my [member]."
~Sound of hysterical laughter from phone. I try to keep a straight face.~
"Why did you do that?"
"I wanted my [member] to smell more gooder."
~Hysterical laughter rises an octave and fifty decibels. I can no longer keep a straight face, but try not to guffaw aloud.~
"Perfume is not meant to go on [members]. Of course it stings. Go take a shower and wash it with soap."

Which he did, with much ado and more moaning. When he finished, it was still hurting a bit so I had to go find him some ointment. I just hope it's ok by the time he goes to school in the morning.

Then there was his comment while he was putting on the ointment. "Wow! It looks like he's dancing!"
~frown~ "Dervish, I do not need to know about dancing [members]."
~chastened~ "Yes, Mom. He is just a regular [member] who only needs to move around to go to the bathroom and stuff. Not dancing."

:twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour:
:crosseyedcrazy:

And so another day comes to an end.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I think that is the funniest thing I have read in AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cinderella; 09/24/08 09:04 AM.
M
M
rotflmao

Page 41 of 100 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation