Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
i'm writing this to anyone who is willing to share their regrets that they got a divorce or stories of friends who regret leaving their marriage. i'm looking for perspective for myself and to try and share with my wife who wants a divorce. we have two childern 9 & 16. i would love to have detailed stories of life after leaving the marriage and how it affected everyone involved.

thank you,

idontwantadivorce
M
M
wouldn't you rather work on saving your marriage? Had you noticed that your marriage is in big trouble? crazy

Would you like some help on that?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
OP Offline
I
yes i'd like to save my marriage but i'm at my wits end. my friends tell perhaps this will wake her up showing her that i'm done with all this foolishness. i don't quite know what to do i'm been trying to fill the love bank but she is not acting perceptive to it at all. i continue to do my normal routine of taking the kids to school, cleaning the kitchen, doing the laundry etc...and am always paying her compliments and letting her know i appreciate it when she makes me lunch to take to work etc...i just don't feel her having any emotion whatsoever towards our marriage. i have to take our son to a birthday party tomorrow and was told by friends that i need to make plans to be gone all of next weekend so it forces her to have to tend to their needs and not give her the freedom to see the OM but she will likely take them to camp with her so i'm not sure that would stop her from seeing him. she can set the kids up with video games and be on her merry way. i welcome and help i can get.

idontwantadivorce
M
M
ok, if you want help, then stop listening to your friends, who don't have any idea how to save a marriage, and listen to us. Your friends are wasting your time.

Go back and the read the posts on your other thread. That is a start.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
As ML said, not a good idea.

First of all she won't listen because "she is different" or her relationship is "different" than everyone else involved in any post divorce regret stories you can find.

Secondly she will also view it as YOU trying to educate her and right now I'm sure SHE probably knows everything she needs to know on how to handle this situation she has created. Just ask her.

Start reading the information on the site, start following it and keep asking questions here. Also, I would not mention this site your wife. Just try to incorporate the information provided by the site in your actions and how you handle what is taking place.

Good Luck

C
C
You registered on this site 4 days ago. Your marriage has probably been falling apart for years! You cannot fix it in one night, one weekend or one month. It takes time.

PLAN A! PLAN A! PLAN A! You cannot show her a changed you or meet her EN's for a few hours or days and expect her to believe you can continue doing that. You need to do it for MONTHS.

In June and July, I went through EXACTLY what you are feeling. You have a few good hours together or a good day and you think all will be well. Then you talk to her and it is all bad again. My WW was ICE COLD and totally emotionless!

My WW called me at work saying things like "is it too late to work it out". I would say that we can certainly work it out, we'd talk when I got home. By the time I got home, she no longer wanted to work it out, she wanted to divorce.

You ARE NOT going to teach her a lesson by being a good guy for a few days then packing it in. Next weekend will not teach her a lesson. Change your plans and BE THERE.

PLEASE GIVE IT TIME. It is really hard but your marriage is worth saving. My MC/PhD/"shrink" helped me get through the feeling of wanting to say screw it and giving up. We are here for you.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 341 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation