Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
V
I actually sent this to the OW while Ike was actively having the affair. She never responded, but at least I got the satisfaction of knowing that I sent it and that MAYBE she read it. smile She always said that she read EVERYTHING that I wrote. Morbidly interested, just like I was, maybe??

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2129581 09/18/08 05:00 PM
F
F
She never responded, but at least I got the satisfaction of knowing that I sent it and that MAYBE she read it.

You always have to wonder how they don't see it.

But then again, he is now someone else's nightmare.

_
_

Hi Pep:

I believe I know exactly where that post has had the greatest circulation and I suspect that if you think about it for a bit, you will as well.

The first time I ever saw it, I was reading around that site devoted to the other woman. It has been two or three years ago.

Although most of the site is devoted to somehow, someway attempting to feel good about a really bad choice, that particular post stands out as a symbol that not everyone is deluded, some women know exactly what is going on.

So you then gotta wonder why they do it.

Larry

_Larry_ #2130020 09/19/08 03:27 PM
K
K
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Hi Pep:

I believe I know exactly where that post has had the greatest circulation and I suspect that if you think about it for a bit, you will as well.

The first time I ever saw it, I was reading around that site devoted to the other woman. It has been two or three years ago.

Although most of the site is devoted to somehow, someway attempting to feel good about a really bad choice, that particular post stands out as a symbol that not everyone is deluded, some women know exactly what is going on.

Larry

Because they are idiots.

Divorced
Krazy71 #2130216 09/19/08 11:24 PM
K
K
When I first read this as a foggy WS, it just didn't register.

I thought it was directed at "other" deluded WW's, not me. I thought my situation was unique and that this only applied to the other WS's.

It's only when you get it, that you "get it".

KiwiJ #2130574 09/21/08 10:39 AM
N
N
KiwiJ

I have noted a fair few of your posts and I wondered if it were possible if I could ask you a question privately? Just thought you may be able to help.

Don't worry if it is something you are not okay with.

Thanks

Krazy71 #2130650 09/21/08 03:38 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Because they are idiots.

this is a sound bite
and it's fun to make fun of others
it makes us feel somehow above it all

but never forget, it's a sound bite not anything more

I am happily married today to a wonderful man who was, at one time, an "idiot"

and he is married to a very imperfect woman as well

Pep

_Larry_ #2130655 09/21/08 03:48 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Hi Pep:

Larry

Larry-

I've known for years where this letter has the most circulation.

Why do they do it? .... because they tell themselves "I'm special" when they are having doubts. They join a web site to declare themselves "special", above the rules or statistics or whatever.

I think this issue has Biblical implications.
The rules apply to you, but not to me.
I'm special.
My marriage vows will be sacred once he divorces her and marries me, because I'm special.
God hates divorce, but not mine, because I'm special.

and on and on and on

It's human to fudge our way to what we want and then want everyone else to play by the rules we fudged.

Pep

K
K
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Because they are idiots.

this is a sound bite
and it's fun to make fun of others
it makes us feel somehow above it all

but never forget, it's a sound bite not anything more

I am happily married today to a wonderful man who was, at one time, an "idiot"

and he is married to a very imperfect woman as well

Pep

I'm not making fun of anyone.

Active WSs behave in ways that qualify them as idiots in my opinion.

Yes, that includes my FWW. She was an idiot, moron, dipsh!t, you name it.

You can write it off as a joke by an angry BH, but I really believe it.

Divorced
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation