Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 100 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 99 100
P
P
rotflmao rotflmao

I feel so sorry for that kid when he's 18 and starts bringing home girls to meet the family only to have her hear about dancing perfumed [member] stories.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
As has been said......... Truth really is stranger than fiction.

SS shakes head. Goes back to work.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
I'm thinking it's a great story for someone to tell on a video for the wedding reception.

rotflmao rotflmao

T
T
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
rotflmao rotflmao

I feel so sorry for that kid when he's 18 and starts bringing home girls to meet the family only to have her hear about dancing perfumed [member] stories.

You'd better feel REALLY sorry for him then. That's one of the tamer stories. That's OK, though. He looks cute when his face is beet-red. Kinda like Auntie Neaksis, now that I think of it...who, by the way, turned 30 just this month and is now officially untrustworthy and used up.

Hey! naughtyuhuhnaughty Don't you be frowning at me there, young lady. If your MOTHER can't cosset and cherish you, who's gonna? kiss

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Truth stranger than fiction? Oh yeah! I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Even this afternoon the bathroom almost makes me sneeze from the thick layer of "Eternity" still lingering. Forever.

We're at tutoring right now at the community center. This might be a good time to tell about the Dervish's first day of school. Secondhand, unfortunately, since Neaksis hasn't posted the eyewitness version.

The day was already going about like you would expect for a dervish on the first day of "real" school. Then it was time for dodgeball.

Val, Neaksis' 12yo DD, thought she hit the Dervish with the ball. Maybe she nicked his clothing, but I have a very hard time believing that anyone but a marksman could get that scrawny little child.

So there they are yelling back and forth. "I HIT YOU!" "YOU DID NOT!" "DID TOO!" "DID NOT!" And so on.

One of the older boys tried to get the game going again. "You're out, Dervish. Just go."

The Dervish was just turning to argue (are you surprised?) when WHAP!!! the ball smacked him up the side of the head. Whereupon the unsympathetic Auntie smiled sweetly and said, "Now you're out, Dervish."

The day improved from there. It would have been hard for it to get worse.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
We should start getting his wedding video ready now so we don't have to rush when it's time. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
It could be earlier rather than later since there is that little girl who is 'so beautiful'.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
~snicker~ Yup, that Ariana.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
rotflmao

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Aha! I knew I had forgotten a funny, and I just remembered it.

Last week there were kids' Bible studies at church, followed by a 1/2 hour parenting seminar. Yesterday, Neaksis' youngest was talking about this. "Yeah, but that was a school night, so we didn't stay for the parents' mating." :MrEEk:

MEETING! That's MEETING!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Really, I am not making this up.

The Dervish just came out again, once more supposed to be in bed, with masking tape wrapped round and round his head and covering his mouth.

"Dervish, you can sleep like that if you want, but I don't recommend it."
"Mmmmm MMMMMMMM!"
"You want it off?"
"Mmmmm mmmmmm."
"Sigh. Ok, come here."
"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!"
"Oh, was that part stuck to your hair? Sorry, but it hurts less to take it off fast."
"Mmmmmmm. Mmmm mmmm mmm mm."
"All right, you can finish it by yourself. Why did you put it on there?"
"Mmmmmmmm. So I wouldn't talk. Aaaaaaah! Are you sure it's better fast? You finish it, no, I'll finish it. Aaaaaaaaah!!!! Is that a lot of hair? Look at all the hair."

Some children simply choose to be quiet and go to sleep.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Neak, you could use the masking tape to wrap him into bed. One little strip around his mouth and you'd have a lovely peaceful night!

I work in a Learning Support Class plus have three boys under 7 living next door to me (one is definitely made of the same stuff as your son - there is always a good thought process behind the devastation). Never a dull moment.

C
C
Little boys are a hoot!!!! As much as I love my daughter, my son is usually the bigger laugh. Gotta love those boys.

M
M
I'm warning you, Neak...

I have a DERVISH who is now 26...and ALMOST a normal person...of course, gotta love him..he still love, love, loves his "MOMMY"...

BUT..TEENAGE YEARS were none too pretty...

IMAGINE your DERVISH behind the wheel of a car...on a soccer field...being chased by a dozen Arianas....this is what I say to those memories... faint

ETA..I learned a couple of years later that his first grade teacher actually "TAPED" his mouth mad...I think she got tired of HIM correcting HER grammar...OH MY...the stories I could tell but don't want to recall.. faint

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Another Dervish who made it to 26 without self-immolation???
hurray
I'm impressed! (And lucky to have gotten through school without getting MY mouth taped, lol!)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
You were lucky to have made it through school without having your mouth completely excised!! faint

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Stitched or stapled most likely. Excising only leaves a bigger hole. laugh

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Have you ever stuck tape to your lip? It can peal off the skin! cry

M
M
Have you ever stuck tape to your lip? It can peal off the skin!

I know!! I'm still on the hunt for that teacher!! He told me YEARS later!! mad

Teachers either ABSOLUTELY LOVED him or HATED him...no in between

I think you have to be a certain kinda a person to luv DERVISHES..especially in your CLASSROOM...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
A
A
What really peeves me about all the talk on the tape episodes is that I NEVER thought about it when I needed it!!!

there was one certain young lady ... whom I will not mention uhuh ... where I could have used the famous hundred mile an hour tape on ......... wouldn't have been any use on our son though .... he'd have eaten it :RollieEyes: rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

Page 42 of 100 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation