Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Ok so i just contacted my cell phone provider and they told me they cannot even provide me with the phone numbers that are incoming/outgoing for the text messages to our phones. They can only provide the # of messages texted. What good is that? What if you want to dispute charges because you see a bogus number you were charged for?
They told me that they were sued 2 years ago because a wife got copies of all the text messages from the provider and found out the husband was cheating etc. So the H sued them. Well, I say if your name is on the account then you have every right to be given that information!
Has anyone looked into this with their cell phone provider as well? Do they ALL have the same policy?
Also I just found a program called RADAR, The Mobile Watch Dog. It's meant for parents who wish to monitor their kids text messages and it supposed to send all TXT to your email account or something. I'm thinking of buying it. It's only $10 month. Could be worth it to keep my sanity!

C
C
Who is your cell provider? Verizon give you access to all text messages, in and out as well as time and date with the numbers. it is not on your bill but you can access it online. You dont get thetext message, just the to and from numbers plus the time.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
B
OP Offline
B
My provider is Sprint and they said they don't keep any records. They did say I could get like a court order to get them though and it's a $150 fee. So I guess the do have them but won't give thme up without a huge process.

I did find a way to BLOCK text messages from a certain number on my on line tools htough.

O
O
T-Mobile shows the phone numbers incoming and outgoing for the "unbilled" charges. Once they have been billed, they only show the total sum of all text messages.

BS(me) - 40
FWH - 36

6 years of discovery.
Now - one day at a time....
G
G
Unless you are planning on getting a divorce, getting any text messages will only hurt you rather than help you. And the result of that pain may lead you to the divorce you are trying to avoid. Affairs are fantasies. Affairees lie. There isn't even the slightest grain of truth in what they say to each other. Most of it is nonsense anyway. Unfortunately you cannot understand that at this point but those messages would derail your purpose.

W
W
Sprint are annoying that way, aren't they?

Here's a trick that works on an old (circa 2005) Sprint phone of my acquaintance. (Clarification: I'm familiar with the phone; I don't snoop in the phones owned by my acquaintances.)

Take the phone in question and select a recipient number (at random) and start to compose a message. In the editor, there is a special mode to add symbols and such. One such option includes "Recent messages" where you can paste in one of the last 10 messages sent. It is just a way to get a look at some recent messages. Then cancel the faux-message you were editing.

Sorry you have to go through this hassle. Good luck.

- WG

Last edited by woundedgentleman; 09/30/08 10:41 AM. Reason: Semantic clarification

BH 40, Married: 2002, Discovered affairs: Fall 2005, Divorced: Spring 2008

Advocate grace daily
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by giorgos
Unless you are planning on getting a divorce, getting any text messages will only hurt you rather than help you. And the result of that pain may lead you to the divorce you are trying to avoid. Affairs are fantasies. Affairees lie. There isn't even the slightest grain of truth in what they say to each other. Most of it is nonsense anyway. Unfortunately you cannot understand that at this point but those messages would derail your purpose.

I know it's a fantasy. His whole affair is a fantasy. He's addicted to fantasies actually. I feel I have the right to know what he did. What kind of conversations he had with other women. I feel like I don't know who or what I'm married to sometimes. I'm unsure if recovery is possible.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation