Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
M
OP Offline
M

M
OP Offline
M

M
M
Marsh, forgive me for a bit of a TJ here...this is from one of the most liberal newspapers imaginable.

Obama is quite the character!

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080928_Back_Channels__Obama_s_lowball_attacks.html

W
W

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
W
W
And Just for the sake a fairness, let's not forget that John McCain was at the center of the Savings and Loan crisis of the late 80's early 90's as part of the Keating Five.

The Keating Five

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
W
W
Yep, I went to check the facts, and the first thing I found was that the Wikipedia article which is the whole basis for the video is being disputed as Partisan. Talk about grasping at straws.

Wiki - Community Reinvestment Act

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
M
M
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
And Just for the sake a fairness, let's not forget that John McCain was at the center of the Savings and Loan crisis of the late 80's early 90's as part of the Keating Five.

The Keating Five
'

For the sake of "FAIRNESS" how about we READ the article at the link you posted:

The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The five senators, Alan Cranston (D-CA), Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ), John Glenn (D-OH), John McCain (R-AZ), and Donald W. Riegle (D-MI), were accused of improperly aiding Charles H. Keating, Jr., chairman of the failed Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which was the target of an investigation by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board (FHLBB).

After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were [size:20pt]cleared of having acted improperly[/size] but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".

All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

The Keating Five
'

For the sake of "FAIRNESS" how about we READ the article at the link you posted:

The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The five senators, Alan Cranston (D-CA), Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ), John Glenn (D-OH), John McCain (R-AZ), and Donald W. Riegle (D-MI), were accused of improperly aiding Charles H. Keating, Jr., chairman of the failed Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which was the target of an investigation by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board (FHLBB).

After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were [size:20pt]cleared of having acted improperly[/size] but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".
All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.

Just proves that McCain has had a HISTORY of "POOR JUDGMENT" that has continued with his ill advised VP choice.

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
M
M
Just proves that McCain has had a HISTORY of "POOR JUDGMENT" that has continued with his ill advised VP choice.

It shows he was CLEARED, not that he has a "history" of poor judgment. Let's be accurate here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment"

You cannot be named in this kind of scandal without having some involvement in it. Just because he "got off" doesn't mean he was innocent. And bad judgement...yeah, he's famous for that...like criticizing his opponent for his lack of experience and then picking a running mate who has even less. I listen to her talk and expect that at any moment she will slip into full valley-girl lingo, complete with the head tilt..."Like-ohmigawd-they're gonna let me be vice president!"

Not to mention his messy little affairiage! Apparently we are letting that slide now, too? Imagine if Obama had such an MO? You would be shredding him non-stop. Although I'm sure that's why many of you are hopping on the Sarah express...gives you someone on the ticket to outwardly support who hasn't dumped her cripled husband for a younger, richer model.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
M
M
Originally Posted by Resonance
You cannot be named in this kind of scandal without having some involvement in it. Just because he "got off" doesn't mean he was innocent.

"Involvement" does not mean "guilty."CLEARED. HE WAS CLEARED. How about some honesty here?

There are plenty of things to criticize McCain about so there is no need to be disingenious. I don't like him any better than most, but there is no need to manufacture grievances when there are legitimate concerns.

Exposure 101

M
M
Not to mention his messy little affairiage! Apparently we are letting that slide now, too? Imagine if Obama had such an MO? You would be shredding him non-stop. Although I'm sure that's why many of you are hopping on the Sarah express...gives you someone on the ticket to outwardly support who hasn't dumped her cripled husband for a younger, richer model.

I have no idea what this is all about so I can't respond. This reflects nothing I have said. nothing.

Exposure 101

R
R
Well, then let's look at the LESS than "honest" clip that started this thread. Trying to blame it on one party or the other is ridiculous- especially considering how long the Republicans had control of everything while the economy deteriorated. They are ALL guilty of something or another. Buncha CROOKS, I say! I am not even a big Obama fan, actually. Our choices are grim and the direction of our country is even more grim IMO.

Can't we just start the "Common Sense" party??!! I'll bet the group of us could really make a difference! We may not agree on everything, but there would be enough to really get down to business. For example, I DO agree that government is WAY too big and that welfare and other such programs need MAJOR reform, but I also support some of the left's views. Makes it hard to support one or the other, yanno!

Last edited by Resonance; 09/28/08 12:58 PM.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
W
W
You cannot be named in this kind of scandal without having some involvement in it. Just because he "got off" doesn't mean he was innocent.

"Involvement" does not mean "guilty."CLEARED. HE WAS CLEARED. How about some honesty here?

So was OJ, doesn't make him any less guilty. :RollieEyes:

Not manufacturing grievances at all. His CHARACTER and JUDGMENT are very legitmate concerns.

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
R
R
Actually, I have no idea about your views on McSame, so this part of the post wasn't directed at you at all. Just making a statement about some who have criticized McSame but then are just GUSHING over Sarah. Seems kinda transparent to me. I don't really know if you are in that boat or not??

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
M
M
Well, then let's look at the LESS that "honest" clip that started this thread. Trying to blame it on one party or the other is ridiculous- especially considering how long the Republicans had control of everything while the economy deteriorated. They are ALL guilty of something or another. Buncha CROOKS, I say! I am not even a big Obama fan, actually. Our choices are grim and the direction of our country is even more grim IMO.

Why is it ridiculous to blame the responsible PEOPLE? I don't know that the clip is not "honest." Nor does that justify being dishonest about McCain. I don't give a DAMN which party did it. I want to know who is responsible. If they are democrats, then so be it. The truth is the truth. If you have evidence that refutes the facts laid out in that video, I would like to see it.

I make my decisions based on EVIDENCE, not feelings. And so far all the evidence points right to the democrats and their insistence on enforcing affirmative action principles in mortgage lending. I could be wrong, but I deal in FACTS, not feelings. I am beholden to my principles, not any party.

Instead of getting defensive, lets see FACTS and EVIDENCE that can refute it. I am open to that, aren't you? Don't you want to make INFORMED conclusions? I DO. I want to KNOW who and what led to this, I care NOT if he is a democrat or a Republican. That responsible person/persons should then be removed from office and face the same penalties that Ken Lay of Enron faced.

This debacle has caused much much more harm to our nation than the Enron scandal. Whoever did this need to be removed so it never happens again.

This is not a POLITICAL ISSUE and I refuse to treat it as such. Whoever is responsible should be REMOVED FROM OFFICE. PERIOD.

What I do blame on the GOP is not stopping THEM. They are responsible for protecting our interests in Washington and they have CLEARLY FAILED to do that. THEY ARE USELESS. I agree they are responsible in that regard.

Can't we just start the "Common Sense" party??!! I'll bet the group of us could really make a difference! We may not agree on everything, but there would be enough to really get down to business. For example, I DO agree that government is WAY too big and that welfare and other such programs need MAJOR reform, but I also support some of the left's views. Makes it hard to support one or the other, yanno!

AGREE!!

Exposure 101

M
M

So was OJ, doesn't make him any less guilty. :RollieEyes:

Not manufacturing grievances at all. His CHARACTER and JUDGMENT are very legitmate concerns.

So.............everyone who has ever been cleared is GUILTY like OJ, regardless of the FACTS?? crazy

What FACTS have led you to believe that McCain is guilty and was wrongly CLEARED in the Keating scandal? Can we deal in FACTS here?

Exposure 101

R
R
I make my decisions based on EVIDENCE, not feelings. And so far all the evidence points right to the democrats and their insistence on enforcing affirmative action principles in mortgage lending. I could be wrong, but I deal in FACTS, not feelings. I am beholden to my principles, not any party.

AGREE!

Instead of getting defensive, lets see FACTS and EVIDENCE that can refute it. I am open to that, aren't you? Don't you want to make INFORMED conclusions? I DO. I want to KNOW who and what led to this, I care NOT if he is a democrat or a Republican. That responsible person/persons should then be removed from office and face the same penalties that Ken Lay of Enron faced.

AGREE!!

Here's the problem-we no longer have reliable sources from which to glean the truth. The media is PARTISAN and will slant anything to suit their intentions. These videos and interviews and such are CRAPOLA and useless in determining the real TRUTH. If I turn on FOX News, my whole house leans to the right, and the same can be said about the Liberal Media (to the left, to the left). So, where do we begin? That is why much of my decision will be left until after watching the debates. It's hard to "slant" live coverage...but I refuse to watch the "discussions" after the debates, because that's when the coloring really starts.

As for the reasons why our economy is in the tank, all we can do is HOPE that SOMEONE will be held responsible. It doesn't matter to me which side of the aisle he/she belongs. I would be willing to bet it's a little of BOTH sides, though. Greed knows no party.

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
M
M
ok, if those interviews and articles are not honest, then lets see the FACTS that led you to this conclusion. You can't say that something is dishonest unless you KNOW the truth, right? I need to see the FACTS that have led you to that conclusion.

We have to dig to find out the truth and it would be a HUGE MISTAKE to get bogged down in partisan politics. I don't care if it is a Republican, democrat or man from MARS who is responsible, it makes no difference to me. What matters is TRUTH. Truth that is intelligently discerned via FACTS and EVIDENCE. FACTS.

Exposure 101

B
B
Well, whoevers fault it is (and I think there is enough fault to go all around), it makes me FURIOUS.

After my sons' dad died, I was in the market for a home. It had been a rough period and I decided to get a trailer and pay cash, knowing that I could afford it forever.

A neighbor of mine bought an expensive home with very little down at the same time. As homes went up, she took out an equity loan and bought ANOTHER home with the money. Then her first home was repossessed. And get this, she is in this country illegally, but got a bank loan.

So now, I'm still living like trailer trash (and I invested $75,000.), and she is enjoying a $500,000. home, which cost her about $3,000 - her original downpayment.

And guess who is going to be paying for this debacle? Me and my boys and their future children. It just makes me LIVID.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation