Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 100 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 99 100
M
M
wouldn't have been any use on our son though .... he'd have eaten it

rotflmao

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
Those boys have stomachs that reach down to the soles of their feet. How DO they eat so much?

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
When it rains, it pours. Neaksis' DD12 overflowed the UPSTAIRS toilet at Mom's last night. Mr. C had previously been in there, had a great deal to flush, but forgot. Val, diva that she is, refused to flush for him, and added her own load to the overworked bowl. Then stood there silently and stared as the water rose and rose and rose.

When it began actually spilling over onto the floor, she began to shriek, at last. Poor Mom had to wade sockfoot into the mess to turn off the water.

All the children were sent racing off in search of towels, then racing off in search of buckets and little trash cans to catch as much as possible of the large waterfall cascading into the downstairs living room. Them we had a WHAT TO DO IF THE TOILET IS PLUGGED seminar for all the children together.

The Dervish was nearly in tears. Some of you may remember when he flooded part of our bathroom, and how paranoid he has been since, asking me to come and examine nearly every bowel movement to make sure it will "go down". So he was all red-eyed and heart pounding after the 2-story deluge.

Val just broke down and sobbed. "Can they all go away??? They were just telling me at church how grown-up I was - such a little lady! BOO HOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Never say I'm afraid to help in a crisis. I immediately took the 4 children who were NOT involved in the cleanup, played with them and read stories to them till it was done. laugh

Oh, and how Mr. C was fingered as the original depositor, was Mom had to sweep up peas off the floor, among other things. Mr. C had been over at her house and eaten peas the day before. None of the other children had eaten peas all week. But thanks to the head of CSI Mymommy, he didn't get away with it.

So how have your weekends been going?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
Them we had a WHAT TO DO IF THE TOILET IS PLUGGED seminar for all the children together.

What a very nice, benign description you have given of my fine rant! rotflmao It included some memorable lines. "The plunger is NOT high tech. YOU can use it." "You don't just stand there, with the plunger right next to you on the floor, and watch the toilet overflow." "The toilet doesn't overflow like Old Faithful geyser, and suddenly spray poop water all over the bathroom. It rises in the bowl, and you can see it happening. Don't wait till it's running over the edge to do something about it." "Don't be downstairs crying, complaining, and trying to blame someone else for the mess, while I'm upstairs standing in YOUR poop chunks, or I'm gonna get mad." naughty

Mr. C didn't get away with it.

This should not be interpreted to mean that he didn't do his best, even after he was "fingered" (BAD metaphor there, Neak) as the purveyor of pea poop. He may still be sailing Denial this morning, for all I know. I'm clean. I'm dry. I don't care any longer.

I told your dad that I'd had to turn off the water to the tank because it kept running and thought maybe I'd yanked it too hard when I was trying to stop Niagara. I suggested that he look at it in the morning, but then decided to do it myself to see how much trouble I was going to be in for breaking the toilet in my desperate effort to hold back the tides. Turns out it worked just fine, and quit running constantly, as soon as I removed the spray bottle that had fallen in the tank and was holding the valve open. blush Getting to be QUITE the home handyperson these days, I am!! rotflmao

M
M
How does it SMELL around there? puke

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
A
A
OMG............... oh my .... ....... hehehe ........... lol lol.........

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I can't help it

AW

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
Originally Posted by mimi_here
How does it SMELL around there? puke

A lot like bleach. And a variety of other cleansers. And the towels used to sop up the mess, now that they've been washed 6 times in hot water, smell OK, too! grin

And I was only wearing a sock on one foot--not that this made it any better... rant2

T
T
Just an aside: People who want to deny culpability in toilet overflowings should be more diligent in chewing their food, so that previously-ingested substances are not clearly identifiable to the astute--and irate--observer! :RollieEyes:

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Val will probably be stuffing her training bra with sweat socks now to compensate.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
And I was only wearing a sock on one foot--not that this made it any better...

I wondered why you were only wearing one, partway through. I thought maybe you took it off because it got dirty.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I won't ask for the person who left the spray bottle in the loo tank. laugh

weekend is going well......... we just spent a few hours with the assorted family flavours tonight. :RollieEyes: laugh crazy

Aussie got a whole lot of attention ..... especially from our resident artist who bats for the other side .... gay as ..... but a very gentle man ......... who first cried and then said Aussie was such a wonderful caring person. ...... why can't I meet a man like him? he told the room smirk rotflmao

Then Aussies brother told us how he is getting ready to run the Rottenest Triathlon in 3 weeks and had gone to a masseuse .... a 67 yr old shearer ... who started to do deep tissue massage on his butt using this VERY smelly oil and talked about crutching sheep ... made him VERY nervous grin pray .... then he couldn't walk for some time ..... his wife and I just started giggling and couldn't stop laugh dance2

However it was cozy and romantic to watch the sun go down over looking the Indian Ocean ....... watching the ship lights come on ...... snuggling in the shadows on the lounge chairs ... when Aussies cousin comes up and SCREAMS 'get a room you two!!' promptly resulting in my butt impacting the floor rather quickly.
TEEF blush stickout

Ah yes... just brimming with ... difference.... this family :RollieEyes:
:crosseyedcrazy:

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
And I was only wearing a sock on one foot--not that this made it any better...

I wondered why you were only wearing one, partway through. I thought maybe you took it off because it got dirty.

I was in the process of putting them on, in preparation for the aborted "walk", which turned out to be a combination of a "stand", a "swim", and a "sermon". At least for me... :crosseyedcrazy:

M
M
Never had the "swim" but did the "ABORTED WALK" followed by the "STAND" and "SERMON" a zillion times...AHHHH, MOTHERHOOD... faint

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
After Dark
The ongoing saga of the Dervish's post-bedtime adventures.

I was saying goodnight to AJ, and oddly enough, the Dervish came back out to play after being sent to bed. AJ was just about to hang up when something caught my ear, and I told him to hang on because he would probably want to hear the discussion.

"Dervish, why were you just talking to your sister about testacles?"
~shocked look~ "I wasn't! I was talking about those suction cup thingies. On a giant squid!"
"Ahhhhhhh. You mean TENTACLES."
"Hee hee. Yes. Ten-tuh-kulls."

I learn so much from the children that you could never get from Nat Geo.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
rotflmao

This stuff is much better than the ostomies and colonoscopies on the ROTFLMAO thread!!!

rotflmao

T
T
Hey! The doctor who did my colonoscopy is a personal (really personal--heh,heh) friend from church and he gave me pictures of my colon and my diverticuli. Would it liven up their thread any if I posted my rectum for them? It's all in living color, too! faint rotflmaofaint Betcha that'd be a bit of a conversation stopper, don't 'cha think? rotflmao

A
A
The photos will provide a completely different slant on your MB nom de plume T&L .... lol laugh

Mr and Mrs VDK are home ..... together ........ alone ...... since 6.30 this morning. She wished to collect him all alone this morning... you know the wife thing .... Which I understand completely. They NEED this time. My darlings. hurray

Aussie myself and Mikey have been at the Royal Show since VERY early..... I guess that's like a state fair ..... aussie has done very well, limping a bit, resting often but really enjoying spoiling Mikey with show bags and rides....actually I suspect HE got far more fun out of the rides....... especially the ghost train .. :RollieEyes:
very very uneasy in the crowds though. I'd almost say a trapped animal look but not quite. sigh

I wonder when I can ring home to come home ? dontknow dontknow

Other than a bit pale and drawn looking he looks ok. Very pleased to be home.

Its SO strange having men in the house again... really .. not joking ..... weird or what? confused think

but very happy hug

well cafe dinner has arrived before the phone call so I'm going to try to get mikey to stop eating chocolate and eat his fish & chips.

aw

C
C
hug

T
T
hurraydance2dance2hurray

kiss

C
C
Today, I got an epidural steroid injection in my right SI joint. So, they roll me into this room and have me roll from the gurney onto the table thing with the x-ray sort of machine over it. And they pull my top up and my pants down and then the good-looking doctor walks in. Nothing like mooning a man who is going to jab needles down into the bones in your bum.

faint

Page 43 of 100 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation