Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
I actually believe that is true CJ, though I'd never put in context with adultery before. It was certainly true when I was a dating teenage and it's what I tell my teenage Goddaughter today.

From an adultery standpoint, I also believe that women are more hurt by the emotional aspects of their WH's A while men are more hurt by the physical. I know in my own case I was immediately willing to forgive the sex. Hearing him tell OW he loves her - I'll never get over that.

A
A
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I actually believe that is true CJ, though I'd never put in context with adultery before. It was certainly true when I was a dating teenage and it's what I tell my teenage Goddaughter today.

From an adultery standpoint, I also believe that women are more hurt by the emotional aspects of their WH's A while men are more hurt by the physical. I know in my own case I was immediately willing to forgive the sex. Hearing him tell OW he loves her - I'll never get over that.

Tabby, I agree with you 100% the opposite way (perspective). As a BH I can forgive WW for her emotions towards OM, especialy knowing that I'm reserved emotionaly and find it difficult to communicate on that level with her, leaving her wanting. BUT, knowing that she allowed another guys "!" into her and the mental pictures I can see I can almost hit the roof somedays and am often so angry that I question why it's worth it to want her back. Still.....I love her....and want to forgive.....so hard....

W
W
Men give love to get sex. Women give sex to get love.

Maybe so, but there is a manipulative intentionality hinted at in those statements that saddens me.

I'm a fan of 'loving detachment' with a cruel WS, but I wasn't a good practitioner. My experience during my Plan A was that lovemaking with my wayward spouse intensified my emotional connection to her and generated strong feelings of love. It was an emotionally confusing time for me.

I've come to think of it as more like "sex fosters love". This sounds like a restatement of the fact that those with a need for SF will feel love (i.e., gain deposits in their love bank) when their spouse meets their need.

- WG

Last edited by woundedgentleman; 09/30/08 10:32 AM. Reason: UBB patching

BH 40, Married: 2002, Discovered affairs: Fall 2005, Divorced: Spring 2008

Advocate grace daily
H
H
I agree. Stated another way, men can emotionally disconnect from sex (sex for the sake of sex) while women use the sex to gain love. Since SF is consistently high on men's EN, the emotion comes later from the SF.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
U
U
I did,Daniel,

My wife moved out of our house into OM house and then affair became physical. I wasted a lot of time prior to finding His needs-Her needs and Surviving an Affair at library. I changed my methods and stopped trying to teach her what she should be doing or telling her how bad she was. I worked on making myself a better person and had some fun with the kids, finished things around the house I left undone and dropped 51 lbs on the Affair Diet. I became a better "catch" I really think that my wife's way of looking at it is she didn't want anyone else catching me.

The only part of the stick I didn't use was exposure. If I had done that she would have never, ever come back. I know her too well. She was most afraid of the "saint and sinner" lables.

We've been back together 5 years? I try not to keep track anymore. Had Our 20th anniversary earlier this year.

Life's not always easy but we are better together.

Daniel

H
H
I do believe that (like we learn in raising children) encouraging good behavior reinforces it and makes anybody more likely to repeat it. Criticizing bad behavior, however, is not as clear to me. Seems like it can cause resentment, anger, hurt feelings, feelings of inferiority, etc.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
E
E
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Does anyone know or recall a man who Plan A'd after WW moved out and in with OM?

Seems like most men responding are saying they've done a plan A. Maybe WW didn't move in with OM, but most appear to have moved out.

So perhaps we need to rethink the idea that men don't plan A.

The reality is that of the men who are here most DID plan A, and most did NOT achieve a recovered marriage.

Ultimately the decision to end the affair is 100% on the wayward wife. We must not even hint that it was the BH's fault his wife could not or would not keep her vows. She owns her affair and failure to remain faithful, and exactly ZERO blame goes to the BH.

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't do a plan A. Failure totally belongs to the WW who fails to end her affair and return to the marriage.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation