Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
W
I do pay her lots of compliments about how she looks etc. but as TiM has said, when others say the same thing, she takes notice.

I wonder if there is a way to use compliments/attention from others, even other men, in a way that is safe for the marriage. Sounds crazy I know.

Maybe something like taking your W dancing. She gets say 'looks' from other men, but she is with you. You provided the situation that led to her feeling good about herself. There is no secrecy involved.

Or co-teaching a class or volunteering together. She'd be likely to get positive feedback and you helped bring it about. The opinion of others supports what you've been telling her.

- WG

BH 40, Married: 2002, Discovered affairs: Fall 2005, Divorced: Spring 2008

Advocate grace daily
P
P
I really don't want to h/j TiM's thread here!

There is a bit about it on my thread. Twice now where she works, patients and co-workers have paid her compliments and she has also been asked out by someone.

I am the one who says to her 'You should go for this job, or I'm sure you can do that'. She lacks confidence initially but I boost her up and tell her she is good enough to do whatever she wants if she puts her mind to it. This is why when she went for the P.A. last year I encouraged her 100%. Then came the big bombshell only weeks later frown

Me - BS 43
WW - 43
D - 15
D - 13
Married 20 years
D Day1 - 3 Oct 2007. Too many more to list
Now in Plan D
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation