Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21362 10/16/99 11:08 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
I feel like I have to write this thank you letter to all of you. I hope it won't get too long.<P>One month ago, I started posting here. In the past month my life has changed so much. I had so much rage over my husband's affair that I couldn't see straight. I threatened divorce everyday, it seemed. Then I found MB. Suddenly, almost overnight, the rage disappeared. <P>My husband and I have been getting along better than ever. It feels like it did before the affair. I told him how I felt about how great things are going and he said "as long as I have anything to say about it, it will stay this way forever."<P>I asked him why he was being so sweet lately and he said he just wanted to be someone I could love and respect. He said he wanted to make me happy. We've been talking about starting a family this summer. He told me to think about something tonight. As he was walking out the door to go to work tonight, he said, "if we have a little girl, I want to name her after you." I about cried right then and there.<P>Back to the point. I don't think any of this would be possible if it weren't for all the caring people here. It has also helped to be able to give advice to people who are just starting on the path of reconstruction. My husband says this is the most constructive thing I've done with this computer since we got it. He's right. You all don't know how important you are. My heart goes out to all who are hurting and my thanks goes out to all who stay to help!--Kim

B
B
Congrats to you Hurtone! It's posts like this that give us, the betrayed and betrayers alike, hope. In my case I am the betrayer, but reading your letter gives me inspiration and strength to follow your H's lead. Thank you so much for posting this, it gave me a boost today that I so much needed.<BR><P>------------------<BR>~Bren~<BR> Nothing will happen today that God and I can't handle together.

N
N
Hey Kim,<P>Yes, I agree so much with you. I told my H today that MB has truly saved me, saved what's here of our marriage. I had a place to go when nobody else understood, and I had people who wanted to see my marriage SUCCEED. It's surprising that there are those who want to see it fail [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] . And those folks are ALL OVER THE PLACE. No, MB is a safe haven where we can vent, cry, laugh and share our successes.<P>Have a great rest of your weekend! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

Y
OP Offline
Y
Benna<BR>--I'm glad that it helped you in some way. My husband says that he did not know how to help me with my rage. He thinks that is the biggest thing you guys have done for me. you give me an outlet. He also says the turning point was when I told him that he was supposed to make it easier for me to love and trust him, and he wasn't. He then started to really appreciate me and what I had to go through to stay with him.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Hey Sheryl,<P>You are so right that there are people out there who want to see it fail. So many of my friends have said, "I don't know how you do it. If my husband did that to me, I couldn't forgive him. You are much stronger than I am." But, what they really mean is, "I don't know how you could be so stupid as to take him back."

Y
OP Offline
Y
just bringing back to top. I want everyone to be thanked!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation