Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 100 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 99 100
C
C
Italian Bread

1 3/4 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 packages dry yeast
4 1/2 - 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 tablespoons cornmeal
vegetable oil
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water

Combine boiling water and butter; stir until butter melts. Cool to lukewarm (105-115 degrees F)

Combine sugar, salt, yeast, and 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add butter mixture, beating at low speed of an electric mixer until moistened. Increase to medium speed, and beat 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup flour and beat an additional 2 minutes. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough (dough should remain soft and slightly sticky).

Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 8-10 minutes). Divide in half; cover ad let rest 20 minutes.

Crease a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cornmeal, and set aside.

Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll each half into a 15x10 inch rectangle. Roll up jellyroll fashion, beginning at wide edge. Place dough seam side down on cookie sheet; turn under edges, and brush with oil. cover loosely with plastic wrap, and chill at least 2 hours.

Remove loaves from refrigerator; uncover, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut several diagonal slashes, 3/4 inch deep, in top of each loaf. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Combine egg white and 1 tablespoon water, mixing well; brush over loaves. Bake an additional 5 minutes.

Yield: 2 loaves

When I first served this to xh in 1987, he said it was a 'most perfect bread'.....I guess, in all those years, I did do something right.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the recipe, gotta try it!

Grandpa was all tucked safely in bed a couple hours ago. Well, he just came out half-dressed for church. Grandpa! It's 11:00 - GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!

In Australia, it's Monday morning...

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Good morning to the land of fruit & nuts .... I like those in a chocolate block crazy

Hope your day is good .... I only have work to look forward to for tomorrow ... drat ... I really feel so demotivated ....

I don't think Liz wants to go either. She's moping uhuh

The boys are out playing pool or snooker or something whistle

now GET UP!!!! naughty

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
Wha????

Who said that?????

And I was sleeping so soundly. Having nice dreams.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
sigh plz lemme lone sigh

D
D
Good afternoon shoppers!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
Good afternoon shoppers!

Where did the morning go?

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
Try this on: faint

My daughter asked if her boyfriend could tutor her in precal yesterday afternoon at the house. I had my suspicions but thought I'd give them a chance to prove themselves worthy of trust. think Then, I came home earlier than expected. :RollieEyes: At least they hadn't gotten all their clothes off. faint When I walked into her room, she jumped across the room as he hastily zipped his shorts while lying, shirtless, on her bed. faint uhuh naughty She was down to her panties. puke

Waited. I walked him to the door. He couldn't look me in the eye. He started to open the door to the basement and I suggested he use the front door. faint

I really don't know what to do. Do I have a talk with him? Do I let his parents know? puke

As for my daughter, I already have her cell phone. There won't be any more study sessions. And, if I let her go out with him, I think there needs to be a chaperone. think uhuh

The thing is - they are high school seniors. Next year, I won't be around to lead her. I am so disappointed. cry

I gave her a chance to show maturity and trustworthiness and she didn't.
mad

D
D
He's lucky he was able to leave your house without medical assistance, imo.

They BOTH owe you BIG TIME...beginning with apologies.

And I don't think a telly convo with his mother is out of line.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
So sorry Cinderella. So sorry.

I was going to come by and say that I hoped your back was doing a little better.......

I often wish I could be of more help.

Will you tell us what you are thinking of doing?

SS

C
C
I totally agree. They are lucky to still be alive. And intact.

I've told her dad. And, furthermore, I told him that if we have to deal with birth control, we don't mess with pills....too much going to the drugstore. Too much opportunity to forget. I vote for the IUD and cover that base for years.

I am not looking forward to telling his parents.

D
D
Sweet Cinderella

As the mother of a teenage boy, I would want to know...especially if MY son disrespected his girlfriend's mother so heineously.

He is quite obviously too immature to be allowed out of the house for a long while...

Both of 'em.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
rotflmao

Oh, yeah! I have a teenaged boy, too. :crosseyedcrazy: Do they make chastity belts for boys, too? :MrEEk:

D
D
Well wouldn't you want to know if your boy disrespected his gf's mom so badly?

And then not to have the balls to apologize?

Neither one of them deserves to be outside their rooms till the grow up!

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
He did apologize. He did say he was sorry. But, sorry is as sorry does. The truly sorry learn and don't do it again. I want to see that. While he was busy trying to figure out how to open the door to go to my basement, he was busy looking at the floor and apologizing. I did recommend that he go out the front door instead of going to the basement.

C
C
My daughter and I have this joke about wire ties - you know those plastic strips you can use to tie wires together. I've told her that, if she gave me any trouble, I would wire tie her pants before her dates so she couldn't get them down. I may just have to do that the next time I let her out of the house.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I vote for talking to the boy's parents, too.

As for your daughter, she was letting you know that she is not strong enough to be unsupervised. As a wise and courageous mother, you heard her cry for help, for tighter boundaries.

Thank the Lord that you came home early!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
As for your daughter, she was letting you know that she is not strong enough to be unsupervised.

I'd be willing to bet a LOT that that was not what her daughter thought she was doing!!! Lucky for her there's a good "translator" around! hurray

M
M
I don't know how you're going to keep teenagers from doing it without constant chaperoning. They have those strong sexual desires...caused by HORMONES...Aren't boys at their sexual peak at age 18? They will SNEAK unless watched very closely...Sorry, I think that's the way it is...I'm not saying that it wasn't highly disrespectful of them...and deceitful..BUT..

(Sigh)Raising teenagers was ONE of the hardest things I had to do...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
A
A
I'm being henpecked, someone help me :RollieEyes:

Hey Cin been through the teen thing, will be going through it again with a boy.

Unfortunately for parents, boys will be boys and even worse girls will be girls. I used to met my DD blokes while I was cleaning my kit, the knives, guns my fav was the MP5, I was really upset when she turned 18 and wouldn't let me vet them anymore uhuh
Sometimes I wasn't sure if I was protecting her or the young fellas though.

Take her for a walk through a single mum health centre for teens, it ain't much fun doing it all on your own from what I've seen.

No parties, no schooling, no money, no going out with friends, nappies lots of nappies, long nights, hair goes grey (well actually that sounds a bit like being M. laugh )

Of course when I was that age I was completely trustworthy stickout I was NEVER caught in those circumstances smile

well I dropped in to say g'day so now I'm off to bed - I gotta go play gocarts at 7.30, I mean meet my bro for breakfast hon laugh

W 38ys
H 39 yrs
DS 2 yrs
DD 21 yrs
DS 20 yrs
M nearly 21 yrs
WHO DARES WIN
Page 45 of 100 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation