Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 100 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 99 100
B
B
OMG - Thank goodness you are still alive and posting! A billion prayers have gone up for you. It is WONDERFUL seeing you post. Thanks for your sacrifice in defeating terrorism and please pass that on to your mates. You are my hero.

D
D
OMGosh BROTHER!

D'ya know how worried we've been????

AW, quick! Nail his [censored] to the doorframe!

Welcome home mi hermano.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
I just got off the phone with the boyfriend. He called to apologize.

I read him the riot act. I did tell him I understood they were teenagers doing what teenagers do and it was my job to protect my daughter. I told him how beautiful and precious she is to me and that I would do anything to protect her. I've already dealt with police detectives, the District Attorney's office, court, and lost my sister all in an effort to protect my daughter and I could do it again. I told him that I had been a date rape victim so I knew things got out of hand sometimes. I also told him that the definition of rape in TN says that a spoken no is a no even if she leads you on. That's the definition and crossing the line could cost him for years.

He is Jewish and I asked him if the holiday had anything to do with the apology. He said it did. He realized at services last night that he owed me a big apology.

I'm not mad. Anger eats you up. I'm just in bulldog mode....

KIDS!!!! :crosseyedcrazy:

I gotta talk to my daughter tonight. sigh

M
M
U don't think their sexual desires are normal? I don't understand why you mentioned rape to him. I am the mother of two boys, though. I'm biased...and one of their good friends was wrongfully charged with rape. Almost ruined his life and career. She was a "GOOD" girl that said YES and got caught. Girls want it, too, and don't always say no. I sure wanted it when I was a teenage girl. That's one one good thing my mother did. We were able to talk about THAT if not other things.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
I wanted him to know that I mean business. I figure what they were doing was normal. That doesn't mean I consider it acceptable. He probably knows she was sexually abused several years ago. I want him to understand that, if he hurts her, I can rise to the challenge.

I told him, along with the other stuff, that I knew it was hard for him to call me and apologize and that I did accept it. But, I did expect more out of him. I also told him my daughter had said it was her not-so-bright idea.

That he needed to know that he should respect not only my daughter but any other girl he might date in the future. And, playing with fire can cost him for years.

Fear is not always a bad thing.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Just got back from getting stitches in my hand, can't type so well yet. Got a cut from glass in a deamatic 3 stooges kind of way, but it's too hard to type effectively when e's d's and c's are uncomfortable, w's, s's, and x's hurt, and q's, a's, and z's have to be hunted and pecked. If I were an amputee I would adjust somehow. Since I am not, why bother????

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
What have you done? It's probably something I've done in the past. :RollieEyes: At my chiropractor's office, they frequently ask me how I got hurt this time. I'm a disaster looking for a place to happen.

D
D
We have to take DS4 to get some testing done today. They docs won't tell us why - exact words, "We don't want to go there yet."

He has a swollen lymph node under his arm and yesterday while we were playing cars, he turned his head and I noticed a cherry tomato sized lump on the side of his neck. I immediately had Nio take hime to the 24/7 clinic.

Why won't the docs say what we're looking for???

I'm writing everyone I know in the hopes someone can ease my mind because the stuff I'm reading on the internet is scaring the poowaddles out of me.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Swollen lymph nodes in a chain immdiately brings to mind a worst-case scenario of cancer, and lymphatic cancer is very scary because of how easily and quickly it spreads. They are hoping to rule it out before they frighten you to death.

There may be other bad things too, but that's the worst that I know of. There are plenty of less serious things it could be, so wait till you hear something. We'll pray for your little.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kimmy & family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
Oh my goodness......... DON'T read on the internet. It will scare the heck out of you. Just get him tested and treated. Chances are good that it is just a lymph node responding to some infection.

The doctors don't want to guess on every horrible thing it could be. Stay calm.

T
T
The internet is definitely a two-edged sword. Don't panic until you have to, Kimmy. I know--easier for me to say than for you to do. Prayers for you all.

And HELLO to Aussie. My goodness, but it was nice to "hear your voice" again. Dare we hope you're home for good this time, or will they have you, in true Aussie fashion, out chewing nails and spitting out tacks as soon as may be? :MrEEk:

D
D
Pray hard, please?

He's one of the best things in this whole wide world.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Kimmy, truly they don't want to worry you because there are so many more benign things it could be, and probably is. Let us know as soon as you find out something.

Hey, I don't think I said hi to Aussie yet, either.

HI AUSSIE!!!!!

It was sooooooo good to hear from you, even if I have the attention span of a gnat. :crosseyedcrazy: You be sure and keep that AW on her toes, you hear?

The short version of my hand is:
1. Washing dishes.
2. Turned to set one of Grandma's cute little punch cups down to dry.
3. Dropped punch cup.
4. Tried to catch punch cup.
5. Stumbled forward.
6. Handle broke off punch cup.
7. Fell on cup.
8. The stub of the broken handle went into my hand.

Eeyore: Guess I won't get much done today. Left hand practically useless.
Pollyanna: It's not my right hand anyway, so I'll get SOME stuff done.

The nurse sent me home with an excuse note for work, aka children, saying NO DISHWASHING!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Thank God for Pep.

She sent me some info on cat scratch disease. We thought that was what it was when the first node was discovered, and were treating him with anti-bs. We started freaking out when the one on his neck popped up, and because the doc at the clinic said he couldn't believe blood tests weren't done.

After reading all the info I can find on the cat scratch thing, I'm betting money it's this.

I'll bet the anti-bs we got just aren't strong enough to knock it out.

We were recently adopted by a kitten, but she is going to the ASPCA this weekend cos she won't use the litter box (blech).

There was even a lesion on his back that I thought had been an infected bug bite and one of the sites say it's very common to mistake the lesion for a bug bite. Our two grown cats are VERY laid back and de-clawed.

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Oh, and thank you all for not thinking I'm a crazy woman.

Now that things are so good, I worry that a shoe will drop somewhere.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
No, you're not crazy, and what a relief that you probably know what it is.

I hve decided to strt typing without the first letter of the lphbet since tht's the one tht hurts the most. No more lst letter of the lphbet, either. I'm not cry. stickout

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
Thank goodness for Pep. Prayers still going up for your little one.

And it is NEVER crazy to worry about your children. You are a wonderful mom.

S
S
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Oh, and thank you all for not thinking I'm a crazy woman.

Now that things are so good, I worry that a shoe will drop somewhere.

Why on earth would we think you were a crazy women?

Unless........ you subscribe to the theory that "You don't have to be crazy, but it sure helps."

If you do, then you may be crazy. Probably are.

As far as waiting for a shoe to drop........

This life is not home.
When we get home, we won't have to worry about it. Until we get home, stuff will keep happening.

Remember though, you got through the last one, and you'll get through the next one too. Whatever it is, you'll get through it.

Faith -
The greatest comfort and security we can have, until we get home.

God lives, and we can, and will get help.

Prayers for you, and yours.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
Neak -
Sorry about your Hand.
Mine started hurting when I read what happened. Probably old wounds remembering.

Do make sure you don't do the dishes, or clean the toilet.

Don't............. worry. It won't help.

How is AJ doing? Haven't heard much from him lately. OR much about him.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You haven't heard much because he's boring, lololol.

He gets up early, goes to work early, gets home late, goes to bed right away, and starts over the next day. Dull dull dull. grin

Not on a daily basis, but overall, he has made a huge difference to the tiny, dying church he's been attending. (Hey, just realized I've been typing a's, even if not happily.) His enthusiasm has been contagious, and they are all catching fire and looking for ways to reach out to others.

The head elder has begun preaching some of the time, instead of simply playing sermon tapes on the weeks the pastor is at the other churches, and one lady who has apparently spent all her time there (5+years) in the pew has agreed to teach the lessons for a month. Every one of them has benefitted from AJ's time there, and he has been awestruck to see God use him in such a way.

He's supposed to get his first snow tonight, that's about the only other bit of news at the moment.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 46 of 100 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation