Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by medc
it really is hysterical reading cr@p like this.

There is NO such thing as a pro-choice Catholic. If you WERE Catholic and believe in or support abortion, you are automatically NOT a Catholic anymore. Excommunication is immediate for those that support abortion (including voting for a pro choice candidate).

Voting for a pro-choice candidate is not listed among the activities that count as making access to the abortion possible at this site:

http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/abortio2.htm

Conspirators who incur the excommunication can be defined as those who make access to the abortion possible. This certainly includes doctors and nurses who actually do it, husbands, family and others whose counsel and encouragement made it morally possible for the woman, and those whose direct practical support made it possible (financially, driving to the clinic etc.)

But if it is true that "Excommunication is immediate for those that support abortion (including voting for a pro choice candidate)", then I guess there aren't very many Catholics left in this country.

K
K
What if he grows up and decides different?

He won't. His morals are not up for sale as a matter of convenience.

He's been thoroughly brainwashed since birth.

Divorced
M
M
so what if your son turns to you one day and says ...you supported me killing my child. YOU advocated the death of my baby because you didn't want to be inconvenienced.

M
M
Krazy, as I have said to you numerous times...if you have something to say to me, do it directly. I will be VERY happy to exchange contact information via the mods.

***edit***

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 10/15/08 09:36 AM. Reason: personal attack
M
M

S
S
so, you supported the murder of your own grandchild? Okay...well, goodie for you. You taught your son a valuable lesson. Have morals...that is until they are inconvenient.

That is sad.

Until that point, I had the airy fairy ideas about reality.

Once it was going to impact my son't life FOREVER, and he at 17 would be permanently tied to a 16 y old disaster looking for a free ride through life, I had to re-examine the whole concept of when was it a living breathing person.

Reality bites.

B
B
Originally Posted by StillHere2
I had no interest in taking on more child raising. Been there, done that, especially with a mother that was unstable. There is only so much you can do since the child is not yours. The parent has primary custody and the choices they make are what goes, bad choices and all, grandparents just have to live with them.

The grandparents don't have to live with the choice the parents do. That true for any child. You have sex, there's a potential for pregnancy...no big mystery.

My brother's girlfriend got pregnant on purpose to try and get him to marry her. They were barely out of high school. My brother thought my dad was going to be furious. He wasn't and my brother was floored. When asked why he wasn't "mad" my dad simply told him why should I be mad, I'm disappointed, but YOU have made YOUR own life harder not MINE. This is YOUR child to take care of not MINE. My family helps out but my brother is the parent. If he missed out on certain things in life because he had the responsibility of a child, too bad.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Reality bites.

in the case of your grandchild...it didn't bite...it diseccted, quartered and vacuumed.

S
S
so what if your son turns to you one day and says ...you supported me killing my child. YOU advocated the death of my baby because you didn't want to be inconvenienced.

Actually we are 4 years down the road now and my son has told me I handled it well and correctly. At the time he was prepared to step up if he had to.

The thing was, once I told this girl there would be a DNA as soon as possible and even before birth if available, things changed, and all of a sudden it wasn't a certainty.
It became obvious she planned on making the announcement, checking the water, and then getting pregnant. Which never happen after my son's zip was permanently stitched with wire and he was threatened with 4x2's if he so much as looked side ways again at this girl.

B
B
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Decent health care should be a right for every American.

It is pathetic that here, in the most powerful country on Earth, people die or go undiagnosed for too long because they don't have insurance.

It's also sad when a family that does have insurance has to hold fundraisers to pay for their child's cancer treatment.

Talk about a sin.

I don't disagree that there are better ways to provide healthcare. I don't know who is dying from lack of insurance though. Hospitals can't refuse basic healthcare and some people just skip on the bill anyway. I do have a problem with people complaining they can't afford it and then spending money on friviolous crap. Too many people can get insurance but have the mentality that they will never need it so they want to spend their money on something else. Then when something does happen and they need the insurance, well the drama ensues about how cruel hospitals are and the govt is. I sure as heck would rather spend my $250/mo on something else but I pay my premium. If an uninsured motorist hit you with their car, I doubt you'd care if they explained to you that they simply "couldn't" afford it or choose not to get coverage.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
F
F
Originally Posted by black_raven
What would Jesus do? Hmmmmmmmmm....

Do about what, black_raven?

The Scriptures are very clear about what Jesus "thinks" about a wide variety of subjects. Which did you have in mind?

S
S
My point is Medc
Nothing is set in concrete.
Never say never.
Just because your son thinks that now, as a child, doesn't mean he will think that at 25. Children grow up, they decide for themselves, at least if they are mentally healthy adults they do.

What if he decides differently?
He won't isn't an answer, it's an opinion.

F
F
I used to not believe in abortion till a young 16 year old tried "I'm pregnant" on with my 17 y old son. She was a disaster waiting to happen, had run away from home at 14 etc, totally unstable and simply wanting someone to permanently hook up with to pay the bills.

My view changed over night.

A perfect example of Relative Morality, StillHere2.

He did NOT have to marry her.

But "kill the innocent child" is the "correct consequence" of a choice made TO engage in sexual behavior?

F
F
I had no interest in taking on more child raising. Been there, done that, especially with a mother that was unstable. There is only so much you can do since the child is not yours. The parent has primary custody and the choices they make are what goes, bad choices and all, grandparents just have to live with them.

And KILL the "inconvenient" among us is somehow better HOW?

M
M
Nothing is set in concrete is an opinion. In fact, it is set in THE Rock.

Children grow up

If they aren't butchered that is!

Last edited by medc; 10/15/08 09:21 AM.
F
F
Originally Posted by StillHere3
Reality bites.

Yes it does, often.

That is why liberals don't like "personal responsibility" and want to shift the responsibility to everyone else, especially those who don't agree with their "line of thinking."

B
B
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Originally Posted by black_raven
What would Jesus do? Hmmmmmmmmm....

Do about what, black_raven?

The Scriptures are very clear about what Jesus "thinks" about a wide variety of subjects. Which did you have in mind?

Do about abortion and gay marriage among other things. I just can't stand the blantant hypocrisy. Kind of like when a vegetarian wears leather or gang members that have the Blessed Mother on their car dash. LOL

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
I used to not believe in abortion till a young 16 year old tried "I'm pregnant" on with my 17 y old son. She was a disaster waiting to happen, had run away from home at 14 etc, totally unstable and simply wanting someone to permanently hook up with to pay the bills.

My view changed over night.

A perfect example of Relative Morality, StillHere2.

He did NOT have to marry her.

But "kill the innocent child" is the "correct consequence" of a choice made TO engage in sexual behavior?

exactly

K
K
Krazy, as I have said to you numerous times...if you have something to say to me, do it directly. I will be VERY happy to exchange contact information via the mods.

I am doing it directly

***edit***

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 10/15/08 09:37 AM. Reason: personal attack

Divorced
F
F
Actually we are 4 years down the road now and my son has told me I handled it well and correctly. At the time he was prepared to step up if he had to.

Yep.

Children DO "learn" from their parents.

Next up...

Adultery is okay if your spouse is "messing up your life" or you just "want to." No responsibilities. No consequences.

Keep on teachin'!

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation